Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Would you buy an Xbox ONE for Halo 5: Gaurdians?

OP LbonB312

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
If it makes halo 5 run properly than he'll yeah I would !!!!! But I'm not sure halo 5s performance will improve from the glitchy inconsistent lag filed mess that it is . Also every time there's a patch , bug fix update , whatever........... I notice for me the game worsens in performance so the 4k update doesn't fill me with optimism, but at least I will be able to say ....... look how much better graphically my blank shots , heavy aim and invisible mellee look , now I can see in perfect graphics how much I'm being cheated wow this is good !!!!
If you are a fan of halo, I advise you to buy an xbox one, but if it's just to try the game, do not buy xbox one.
At launch, judging by the marketing campaign - hell yes.
Master chief being chased by some ONI agent? Looks like there will be some boss fight maybe I can even kill master chief?

Seems like a cool game right? So buying a console to play it makes sense.

Sadly it did not come close the marketing campaign.
The reason I bought an xbox one was for the next Halo game. I was pretty well on the fence after the initial information about the xbox one came out (always online, talk of limited physical media, etc) until I saw the teaser trailer for H5 with the chief in the desert. At that point I knew I enjoyed this series of games to much to switch over. That being said, you aren't buying an xbox just for Halo 5. You're buying it for the next Halo game as well and whatever other games you enjoy. Whether that's worth it or not is entirely up to you though.
Honestly, not really. I would have for Halo 4 but not 5. Although buying a console just for one game is an unpopular opinion.
I would buy one for halo in general. Unless a game is absolutely the best game you´ve ever played I would not buy a console for one game.
LbonB312 wrote:
Specifically looking at the game itself, would you say the amount of content and the way it's presented and played makes an Xbox console purchase worth it? I'm just curious.
Haha, don't listed to the naysayers, Halo 5 Guardians is a great game! I purchased my XboX1 soley to play Halo 5 and Halo Wars and I am not at all disappointed, constant updates, Free DLC, tons of maps, great campaign, cmon what are you waiting for.
LbonB312 wrote:
Specifically looking at the game itself, would you say the amount of content and the way it's presented and played makes an Xbox console purchase worth it? I'm just curious.
already did

fight me
I only bought the original Xbox because of Halo: Combat Evolved; I mean, I eventually added games to my Xbox collection over the years (many I really enjoyed and loved), but Halo was no doubt the only real reason I got the Xbox. I dragged that original console all over the place. I took it to friends and family homes to system-link it with other Xboxes plus I regularly brought it to a music studio where massive Halo LAN events were held. I eventually traded that original console in for the Limited Edition (Translucent Green) Xbox console and bought Xbox Live in anticipation for the release of Halo 2. If it wasn't for the hacking and cheating issues associated with Halo 2's matchmaking (especially during the early middle part of the game's primary life-cycle) I'm not sure I would have taken enough of a break from it (time-to-time; here-and-there) to find any enjoyment with other titles that released after Halo 2 did.

I waited to buy an Xbox 360 until I could play the Halo 3 Beta which was announced to be available with the Crackdown game at which time I bought an Xbox 360 Pro; however, I upgraded to the Xbox 360 Elite Edition somewhat shortly afterward because I wanted to ensure I'd be able to play Halo 3 on the best Xbox 360 console available at the time. Unfortunately, the Elite version was better than the Halo 3 Special Edition console so I didn't get the Halo themed one; nevertheless, Halo was the reason I got an Xbox 360 and why I focused on getting the best console version available too. Again, there were other titles I bought, played, and found enjoyment with (In fact, Call of Duty was beginning to rival my love for Halo), but Halo still remained the primary reason I stuck with Xbox. I eventually replaced the Elite Edition with the Halo: Reach Special Edition Xbox 360 S console bundle and later considered getting the Halo 4 Limited Edition console, but realizing that the only differences were some extra Hard Drive space and the theme I decided against it; plus, I knew that the Xbox One which was planned for release the following year would only make the console obsolete so I figured why spend the money.

I waited to buy my Xbox One so that I could purchase it with the release of the Halo: Master Chief Collection; unfortunately, the broken state of the Master Chief Collection's matchmaking rendered most of my time with the new console toward playing free Xbox Live Gold games and the few titles that came with its purchase. I actually continued playing Halo 4 on my Xbox 360 more than playing on my new Xbox One while I waited for the Master Chief Collection to become playable. I upgraded to an Xbox One Elite with my purchase of Halo 5: Guardians because I again wanted to ensure I could play Halo on the best available Xbox console. This is just the kind of Halo fan I am and it's the primary reason why I buy Xbox consoles; I mean, there are other titles and series that I've liked owning and playing such as Gears of War, Forza Horizon, Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny, Battlefront, and the more classic Call of Duty titles, but I'm not sure I'd have an Xbox without Halo.

I anticipate I'll either upgrade or buy a second Xbox One console when I get the Xbox One X with the release of Halo 6. Yet, the 4K update for Halo 5: Guardians is a tempting reason to move that plan up to this year; though, I know I'd want to upgrade my TV to 4K too and that extra financial strain will probably dissuade me from making that upgrade leap this year, but who knows for sure... I may get the itch come Black Friday. Anyways, my point is... YES, I'd buy an Xbox One for Halo 5: Guardians or really any primary Halo FPS title because that's just the type of Halo fan I am.
I bought mine and my wife's xbox one primarily for Halo 5. We do use them for netflix/hulu, but the only game is halo for this family
Me personally, no, I bought an XB1 due to my main friends already having made the switch from 360 but the 1st game I made sure to buy that didn't come bundled with the console(which was MCC for me) was my all-time favorite game Resident Evil. Even if it was an HD remaster of the 2002 remake I made sure that RE1 was the first installed & played game on my XB1.
I bought the Xbox One for Halo ... before we even knew what the Halo game was going to be. I mean, we knew there was going to be a Halo 5, but I bought the Xbox One before the MCC was announced. Just like I bought the Xbox 360 before they announced Halo 3.

It basically goes like this: "A new Xbox? Halo is on Xbox. I'm going to need to get that if I want to play the next Halo game. Better get it now while it's really expensive like an idiot because I'm impatient."

Fortunately, I also understand that there are going to be other awesome games to fall in love with on these systems (Witcher 3 and Dishonored 2, anyone?) so no, I don't really get them for one game, but Halo is the reason it's always an Xbox. And my bank account is the reason it's not a PC (well, other expensive hobbies; I spend too much money on guitars and recording equipment. I can't pump thousands of dollars into a PC for games when I just bought a Les Paul and a Peavey T-40. I can barely afford that. An Xbox will do just fine.)

Anyway, I got more than I was hoping for too because, like I said, I knew we were getting Halo 5, but I wasn't expecting:
Halo Wars 2
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars Definitive Edition
Halo Wars (backwards compatible)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (CEA, H2A, H3, ODST, H4)
Halo Reach (backwards compatible)
Halo 4 (backwards compatible)
Halo 3 (backwards compatible)
Halo 3: ODST (backwards compatible)
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (backwards compatible)
Halo 2 (original Xbox backwards compatible)
Halo: Combat Evolved (original Xbox backwards compatible)
Oh ... and Spartan Assault.

So it's not really "would you buy an Xbox One for Halo 5?", it's "would you buy an Xbox One for Halo?"
the only game is halo for this family
Dad walks by the closed door of his son's room. He stops ... listens ... "what am I hearing?" he asks himself as he slowly leans towards the door. "Gunfire I do not recognize ..." Then he hears it: "Kill Confirmed!" Filled with a white hot rage, he shoulders through the door, "just what in hell are you playing?!?!?!"

The son, leaps up, turns the TV off ... "uh ... nothing, just watching a youtube ... thing. A play ... uh, let's ... play, let's play. A let's play."

"Of Halo?"

"No, it wasn't so much about the game, I just like the channel. A popular youtuber."

"I didn't hear a youtuber. I know they never shut up. Incessantly yelling and yapping without a second's pause because that's what they think humor is! Because they think if they aren't blabbing or making weird noises for less than a fraction of a second people will get bored and leave, that was no youtuber, son!"

"It was! He was showing a montage ... pre-recorded stuff." Pleaded the son.

"Then why did you turn off the ..." then he sees it. Sticking out from under blankets of the unmade bed. The corner of a familiar green case. But with unfamiliar art. And the words "Infinite Warfare" ...

"THE ONLY GAME IS HALO FOR THIS FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!"
eLantern wrote:
I only bought the original Xbox because of Halo: Combat Evolved; I mean, I eventually added games to my Xbox collection over the years (many I really enjoyed and loved), but Halo was no doubt the only real reason I got the Xbox. I dragged that original console all over the place. I took it to friends and family homes to system-link it with other Xboxes plus I regularly brought it to a music studio where massive Halo LAN events were held. I eventually traded that original console in for the Limited Edition (Translucent Green) Xbox console and bought Xbox Live in anticipation for the release of Halo 2. If it wasn't for the hacking and cheating issues associated with Halo 2's matchmaking (especially during the early middle part of the game's primary life-cycle) I'm not sure I would have taken enough of a break from it (time-to-time; here-and-there) to find any enjoyment with other titles that released after Halo 2 did.

I waited to buy an Xbox 360 until I could play the Halo 3 Beta which was announced to be available with the Crackdown game at which time I bought an Xbox 360 Pro; however, I upgraded to the Xbox 360 Elite Edition somewhat shortly afterward because I wanted to ensure I'd be able to play Halo 3 on the best Xbox 360 console available at the time. Unfortunately, the Elite version was better than the Halo 3 Special Edition console so I didn't get the Halo themed one; nevertheless, Halo was the reason I got an Xbox 360 and why I focused on getting the best console version available too. Again, there were other titles I bought, played, and found enjoyment with (In fact, Call of Duty was beginning to rival my love for Halo), but Halo still remained the primary reason I stuck with Xbox. I eventually replaced the Elite Edition with the Halo: Reach Special Edition Xbox 360 S console bundle and later considered getting the Halo 4 Limited Edition console, but realizing that the only differences were some extra Hard Drive space and the theme I decided against it; plus, I knew that the Xbox One which was planned for release the following year would only make the console obsolete so I figured why spend the money.

I waited to buy my Xbox One so that I could purchase it with the release of the Halo: Master Chief Collection; unfortunately, the broken state of the Master Chief Collection's matchmaking rendered most of my time with the new console toward playing free Xbox Live Gold games and the few titles that came with its purchase. I actually continued playing Halo 4 on my Xbox 360 more than playing on my new Xbox One while I waited for the Master Chief Collection to become playable. I upgraded to an Xbox One Elite with my purchase of Halo 5: Guardians because I again wanted to ensure I could play Halo on the best available Xbox console. This is just the kind of Halo fan I am and it's the primary reason why I buy Xbox consoles; I mean, there are other titles and series that I've liked owning and playing such as Gears of War, Forza Horizon, Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny, Battlefront, and the more classic Call of Duty titles, but I'm not sure I'd have an Xbox without Halo.

I anticipate I'll either upgrade or buy a second Xbox One console when I get the Xbox One X with the release of Halo 6. Yet, the 4K update for Halo 5: Guardians is a tempting reason to move that plan up to this year; though, I know I'd want to upgrade my TV to 4K too and that extra financial strain will probably dissuade me from making that upgrade leap this year, but who knows for sure... I may get the itch come Black Friday. Anyways, my point is... YES, I'd buy an Xbox One for Halo 5: Guardians or really any primary Halo FPS title because that's just the type of Halo fan I am.
May I ask how long it took you to write this.
the only game is halo for this family
Dad walks by the closed door of his son's room. He stops ... listens ... "what am I hearing?" he asks himself as he slowly leans towards the door. "Gunfire I do not recognize ..." Then he hears it: "Kill Confirmed!" Filled with a white hot rage, he shoulders through the door, "just what in hell are you playing?!?!?!"

The son, leaps up, turns the TV off ... "uh ... nothing, just watching a youtube ... thing. A play ... uh, let's ... play, let's play. A let's play."

"Of Halo?"

"No, it wasn't so much about the game, I just like the channel. A popular youtuber."

"I didn't hear a youtuber. I know they never shut up. Incessantly yelling and yapping without a second's pause because that's what they think humor is! Because they think if they aren't blabbing or making weird noises for less than a fraction of a second people will get bored and leave, that was no youtuber, son!"

"It was! He was showing a montage ... pre-recorded stuff." Pleaded the son.

"Then why did you turn off the ..." then he sees it. Sticking out from under blankets of the unmade bed. The corner of a familiar green case. But with unfamiliar art. And the words "Infinite Warfare" ...

"THE ONLY GAME IS HALO FOR THIS FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!"
lol
LbonB312 wrote:
Specifically looking at the game itself, would you say the amount of content and the way it's presented and played makes an Xbox console purchase worth it? I'm just curious.
No, in fact I had decided and stated to the friends I played halo with, that I would not buy another halo game after they nerfed the hell out of the last one.
I did buy the Xbox 1, not for halo, but for Fallout 4 and Borderlands.
Obviously I have since bought halo w/dlc about 3 months ago (at around $30), only because 2 friends were playing it.

as for halos "Content and the way it's presented and played" being the sole reason for buying an Xbox 1, then No it would not be worth the expense of a new console just to play this one game.
Don't know why anyone would buy anything related to the game. Its one of the worst games out there.
Omar O88 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
...
May I ask how long it took you to write this.
Honestly, I didn't pay attention. I'd guess not too long as I type on a keyboard pretty fast and I knew my own history very well (no research was required). It's not as if I was trying to write that over my cell phone because that would have taken some time.
No. If I were to buy a gaming console, I would need to have at least 3 different games for it to justify the purchase.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3