Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Would you play Halo without sprint?

OP MyLittleBroKnee

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
With all these anti sprint threads I'm curious to see if the roles were reversed what the outcome would've been.

So the question is to all the pro sprint guys (BTW I'm pro sprint)

If Halo 5 was announced that it was not going to have sprint this time around, would you still play it?

For me, I'd say yes, but I want to hear what you have to say.
Well, I 'm fine with sprint as it as, but absolutely. I am neither pro nor anti sprint. I'm not of the opinion, unlike a lot of people here apparently, that I should be able to tell 343 and everyone else what Halo is or should be. Sprint or no sprint is irrelevant to me so long as it is well-designed, which I think it is in 5. if they removed it and adequately designed the game around that, that would be fine as well.
I'd play it regardless. I'm not on the fence about it at all.
Of course, i think just about any of us true halo fans would. We all bought halo 3 while just about every other fps had it. I still do prefer halo without it and all the other armour abilities but then that wouldnt be halo 5 would it? It would not really feel like a next gen game. It would just be copy and paste kinda the way cod does things. What makes halo great is that its different every time around yet still the same halo feel. If you dont like sprint then go play halo 3 because its not going anywhere.
With all these anti sprint threads I'm curious to see is the roles were reversed what the outcome would've been.

If Halo 5 was announced that it was not going to have sprint this time around, would you still play it?

I personally won't be buying this game if sprint is included. Sprint slows down gameplay and makes the game quite stale.
Shibill wrote:
With all these anti sprint threads I'm curious to see is the roles were reversed what the outcome would've been.

I personally won't be buying this game if sprint is included. Sprint slows down gameplay and makes the game quite stale.
I suppose this is what I'm trying to see. From what I've seen so far on these and other forums, people who dislike sprint will not purchase the game with sprint.

I'm trying to find out what would happen if the roles were reversed. I want to see if 'pro sprint' guys would still buy the game if it didn't have sprint.
I was one of the people who never really cared that much about sprint
Solaris XD wrote:
This pretty much sums it up for me.

If it's there, fine. If not, fine.
I've played halo without sprint for nearly 10 years
Solaris XD wrote:

This pretty much sums it up for me.

If it's there, fine. If not, fine.
^ That
as long as it's fun, then yes. I'm too dedicated to the franchise to abandon it due to the inclusion or removal of one feature
Of course.

Only the new generation wants sprint and all the new military shooter -Yoink- in Halo.
Absolutely yes & preferred without it
I would yes, but it will be annoying to walk on bigger maps and not being able to do anything besides walk.
Of course.

Only the new generation wants sprint and all the new military shooter -Yoink- in Halo.
I mean, I've played Halo since CE and I want sprint in Halo. I just want it executed better.
Definitely
DAJSK wrote:
I would yes, but it will be annoying to walk on bigger maps and not being able to do anything besides walk.
I'm assuming on bigger maps you could have man cannons or teleporters to get you where you need to go quicker. Plus they are always littered with vehicles to drive.
The only way I'd even think about buying Halo 5 is if they took out sprint.
Nobody whose played this game for any amount of time would quit it because of a lack of sprint. 343 added sprint to attract the CoD crowd
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14