Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Wtf is wrong with shotguns in this game some time

OP PinHead MeeK

https://youtu.be/U_ZCt62zHXs
Can someone explain to me why shotguns are so inconsistent sometimes they'll get you from a mile away and other times they'll go right up in someone's face point blank if they won't get killed also why does the fuel rod Cannon suck in this game even the best one The pool of radiance doesn't even seem that good I mean I will definitely admit it's good for firefight but in PvP it's just so unreliable
To be fair, in the video, the 1st time your shotgun didn't work you were a tad too far away to 1 hit him. And the crosshair wasn't completely over him. Same goes for the second shotgun whiff: the crosshair wasn't quite there. I find it's best to aim for the chest with the shotgun so that more of the pellets hit.
The biggest thing that helps with the range is "scoping" in. I'd say you get probably 65-90% more range just by doing that. It's like that for all the guns in halo 5.
And yeah the standard fuel rod definitely isn't very good either. The light of urs one you were using is better, but if you play back the clip you can see you only hit the guy with 2 of the shots. They probably had to make a gun like that do less damage or it would be too OP with its high rate of fire.
Fuel rods I noticed if you hit them straight on you get them pretty good. The scatter shot is tricky but I find all the weapons fair enough to use.
A lot of misses tend to be that the crosshairs was not on the person. I personally try to scope in right as I shoot to make the shot a bit tighter which tends to help me get that one shot kill with the shotty. I will still miss occasionally though.
I play a lot of infection and am pretty reasonable with the shotgun. It has got further range than previous halos even if you are not aiming down the sights.

The best thing to do is get used to the shotty in infection or always scope in when you are unsure if the opponent is going to die. lastly, make sure your reticle is steady. If were sliding then trying to shoot, chances are ,you are going to miss.

The fuel rod has splash damage however it is an instant kill if you fire it twice and at least one of the shots hit and the other splashes damage.Bungie designed it as a heavy,anti-human, fast fire covenant rocket launcher.343 turned it into a medium range weapon-still is good if you can land your shots
It's possible the shotgun is less powerfull than in the ancien games, since in Halo 5 there si the scattershot (promethean shotgun) in competition
It's possible the shotgun is less powerfull than in the ancien games, since in Halo 5 there si the scattershot (promethean shotgun) in competition
The shotgun is actually more powerful as the scattershot has homing & ricochet abilities which it compensates with its damage output.However the best shotgun/variant is either the blaze of glory or the loathsome thing as they have insane range and the best damage that would even win a SAW at close combat.
However the best shotgun/variant is either the blaze of glory or the loathsome thing as they have insane range and the best damage that would even win a SAW at close combat.
No, the Didact's signet is definitely better than the loathsome thing. It even outclasses the blaze of glory in terms of performance although it doesn't reload in one shell like the blaze. The loathsome thing is effectively a normal scattershot (slight performance buffs) with a faster fire rate. I would compare it to the lawgiver - which is still good, but it is definitely not the highest tier.
For the first clip, I think you were just a little bit outside of the killbox. As for the second, it could be that all the shotgun pellets didn't land on the enemy because your crosshair was only half on him.
However the best shotgun/variant is either the blaze of glory or the loathsome thing as they have insane range and the best damage that would even win a SAW at close combat.
No, the Didact's signet is definitely better than the loathsome thing. It even outclasses the blaze of glory in terms of performance although it doesn't reload in one shell like the blaze. The loathsome thing is effectively a normal scattershot (slight performance buffs) with a faster fire rate. I would compare it to the lawgiver - which is still good, but it is definitely not the highest tier.
But the best is the prophet's bane, as it is an alien looking weapon that acts like a shotgun. It gives you permanent active camoflage as long as it has a blade and gives you an extra thruster pack boost with a more aggressive blade.
Quote:
But the best is the prophet's bane, as it is an alien looking weapon that acts like a shotgun. It gives you permanent active camoflage as long as it has a blade and gives you an extra thruster pack boost with a more aggressive blade.
If by "acts like shotgun" you mean close range, then sure. But there's no chance of unreliability with an energy sword - you either hit the person or you don't, and it is always a one shot. This thread was specifically referring to the inconsistency you might get with the shotgun (and fuel rod).
Quote:
If by "acts like shotgun" you mean close range, then sure. But there's no chance of unreliability with an energy sword - you either hit the person or you don't, and it is always a one shot. This thread was specifically referring to the inconsistency you might get with the shotgun (and fuel rod).
There is a thing called lag and if someone move u can miss