WZ Update - August 24th

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
Hey folks - Tomorrow morning at approximately 10AM we'll be rolling out some updates to Warzone to address the increasing issues we've seen with lopsided / blowout matches. In last week's Halo Community Update we shared some details but in case you missed it, here's the scoop straight from 343 Lead Multiplayer Designer Lawrence Metten:

“Over time, the Warzone battlefield has changed as players have become more and more skilled at the game mode. However, not all of these changes have benefited all parties – since launch, we’ve slowly seen the Warzone “blowout rate” (how often matches end in lopsided or blowout scores) continue to rise. The Warzone team is experimenting with some significant changes to the way REQ Leveling works to facilitate more balanced Warzone matches.

“These changes adjust the REQ Level awarded for match actions and add a REQ Level “drip” that slowly increases everyone’s REQ Level over the course of each match. In our internal playtesting, these changes have resulted in more back-and-forth Warzone matches with considerably fewer players stuck at low REQ Levels over the course of each game.

“These experimental REQ Level changes do not impact Warzone Firefight or Warzone Assault. We’ll be monitoring game data closely and welcome players to share feedback regarding these changes over in the Waypoint forums.”

This is a server-side update so there won't be any patch or game download to worry about. We're happy with how this has worked out during internal testing but as always welcome your feedback and will be monitoring game data extra closely to see how this experimental change lands.

And speaking of Warzone - if you missed it, check out this week's update by Josh Menke regarding some planning and work that's underway to try and institute a 12-man fireteam matchmaking solution. We don't have a confirmation or ETA yet but it's something he and the team are looking into.

Thanks!

Whoaaaaaa Nelly
Took you long enough.
Interested to see the impact of this req level change. Since farming has been significantly reduced due to the party limit changes I haven't seen the need to tinker with it, but willing to give it a go.
Will this update also fix the Arclight core shield glitch?
Sounds like everyone will req up a bit quicker. Warzone Turbo "Turtle Mode" lol. Have you guys considered just putting everyone on an equal req timer? Seems like that would create equal battles where skill and req strategy determine the outcome. Previously it has just been a race to level 5/6.
Stormfish1 wrote:
Took you long enough.
I hope u liked the anti farm glitch.... I hope that remains to stop farming. 🤣
Stormfish1 wrote:
Took you long enough.
you should probably complain some more.
Caroniver wrote:
Oh..that explained why our core got destroyed while we triple capped the other team. Thanks. Better take a look at the game again tonight.
That's really awesome, but a part of me liked it how it was for some reason
Stormfish1 wrote:
Took you long enough.
Wait, you're excited for more competitive games? That's weird considering how comfortable you were farming the other day...too bad you dropped that game at the end though!
Too bad you guys ignore the unbalanced firefight. again...., Hunters charging once and shooting a 5 round burst...., hunters' melee attack is fast and cant even be sidestepped anymore... Every attach fromwarden eternal emp's vehicles yet you make him so tanky that you need 4 scorpions to defeat the 2 of him with his endless waves of incineration cannon knights that destroy your tank in seconds and send you in a 30sec respawn timer in a 5minute round...like what did you guys think when "remaking" firefight? Have you even played firefight from reach and halo 3? It didnt have objectives and a 5 minute time limit.... I hope you guys also look at firefight for the more casual players too unstead of only arena and normal wz
Too bad you guys ignore the unbalanced firefight. again...., Hunters charging once and shooting a 5 round burst...., hunters' melee attack is fast and cant even be sidestepped anymore... Every attach fromwarden eternal emp's vehicles yet you make him so tanky that you need 4 scorpions to defeat the 2 of him with his endless waves of incineration cannon knights that destroy your tank in seconds and send you in a 30sec respawn timer in a 5minute round...like what did you guys think when "remaking" firefight? Have you even played firefight from reach and halo 3? It didnt have objectives and a 5 minute time limit.... I hope you guys also look at firefight for the more casual players too unstead of only arena and normal wz
Just play on Heroic and you'll be fine. I think a bigger problem with Warzone Firefight is the fact that weapons are practically useless compared to vehicles, on any difficulty.
Have you guys considered just putting everyone on an equal req timer?
Hey VadersUncle! How's things?

I guess this is the 'trickle' they're referring to; everyone REQs up at a minimum pace, but kills and objectives jump it along a little quicker.

Another idea would be to have certain actions only contribute to REQ, while others only contribute to score.

Or any contribution to an objective gives a REQ boost (stops boss stealing taking all the REQ bonus).

I don't know if any of this is actually how Warzone works already, so don't quote me on any of it!
Caroniver wrote:
Don't know if that's in this (possibly not if it's not in the first post), but it is a known issue that's being worked on.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Looking forward to it.
Caroniver wrote:
What is that glitch? Haven't seen anything on it
Appears that 343 actually has a good thing here. Hopefully it works right. I'm looking forward to this
Caroniver wrote:
The core issue that many have reported is definitely something the team is aware of and working on. It will not be fixed with this update today - it's a bit more complicated and can't be properly resolved without a game patch. In all likelihood this will be rolled into the upcoming Fall patch for Halo 5 (which includes a number of other bug fixes, 4K support for Xbox One X, the weapon tuning changes, and more).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11