OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
Thank you so much for trying to improve WZ. It's my favorite game mode, that and FireFight, but it's been so unbalanced and prone to snowballing I don't like playing it anymore.

I'm going to get on tonight and see how this changes things.
When you guys turned Warzone from a 13 man fireteam to 6. You literally killed my spartan company. So hopefully that change comes quickly so we can try to revive it.
When you guys turned Warzone from a 13 man fireteam to 6. You literally killed my spartan company. So hopefully that change comes quickly so we can try to revive it.
That change was definitely disastrous. It made the gametype a random competition that depended on how well the other six people performed and if the game decided whether or not the large boss kills were yours (which I still think is a dice roll). You can have a stellar game and still get worked if your other 6 don't know what's going on. It would be cool if after this adjustment they could always allow 12 man again since competition will be leveled a bit more. Overall I think it's a good step though since the current system causes a lot of imbalance if one team gets a particularly quick start.
Great news ske7ch.

While this is indeed encouraging news toward improving the competitiveness of Warzone I still probably won't find myself playing much of this mode; at least, not until the method of awarding Legendary and Mythic AI Boss points gets redesigned -- I really don't care for the method 343i uses.

It's my opinion that Legendary and Mythic Bosses should either posses two life bars (one dedicated to each team) or that their point value award be capable of being split up under 3 key factors. Those three key factors are: ONE divide 100 points per the percentage of rounded damage dealt by the two teams, TWO landing the killing blow receives the other amount of the boss points (50 or 100 points), and THREE the team that landed the killing blow has their total points added first before the other team gets any damage points added to their team score -- that should help settle the importance of landing the killing blow come game end with either team in position to win. I also wouldn't mind there being a distance limit on being able to observe the life meters for these particular bosses in order to help lessen the effective tactic of trying to "steal the kill" with a perfectly timed long-distance Power Weapon shot.

VIP Bosses:
  • 50 points (Legendary AI Boss ) or 100 points (Mythic AI Boss) get rewarded to the team that landed the killing blow.
  • 100 points get divided up per team based on the percentages of damage dealt. (EXAMPLE: a team that deals approximately 73% of the damage will be rewarded 73 points and the other team gets the remaining points)
Both methods manage to keep landing the killing blow a notable aspect of the reward system, but in my opinion both methods are able to provide a better balance to the overall Warzone experience. My personal preference would be for the split point version as it doesn't require reworking the health meters for the AI Bosses and I think it just spurs a more competitive atmosphere throughout a match; however, it may cause match run times to extend a bit longer than typical as points get split up more, but as long as the experience is more enjoyable I can't imagine that being too much of a negative. With regards to the two life bar method it's worth noting that the health meter for the AI Boss would probably need to be shaved down some as only one team will be chipping away at it; otherwise, the length of time it'll take to destroy one of these Bosses could cause the match's play period to increase noticeably and I don't think this method spurs the same level of competitive enjoyment as the other one to cause the extension of match time to be as acceptable.
I hope this limits/removes the req snowball in warzone. I've always said teams were not the problem. The fact that teams can req snowball a unorganized group is. Also so stoked for 12 man returning. All good news here.

I like those long core defenses we see in assault and turbo. When the defending team has reqs being triple capped isn't that bad. Some epic fights from the losing team keeping their core alive makes the game more enjoyable when losing. Warzone was always really fun when winning, but very painful when losing. More so than any other gamemode in halo. I'm hopeful you guys got this right. Took way too long :)
ske7ch wrote:
Caroniver wrote:
Will this update also fix the Arclight core shield glitch?
The core issue that many have reported is definitely something the team is aware of and working on. It will not be fixed with this update today - it's a bit more complicated and can't be properly resolved without a game patch. In all likelihood this will be rolled into the upcoming Fall patch for Halo 5 (which includes a number of other bug fixes, 4K support for Xbox One X, the weapon tuning changes, and more).
Is there any eta on when the fall patch is coming? This month or next? I'm excited for the tact mag buff.
I hope this limits/removes the req snowball in warzone. I've always said teams were not the problem. The fact that teams can req snowball a unorganized group is. Also so stoked for 12 man returning. All good news here.

I like those long core defenses we see in assault and turbo. When the defending team has reqs being triple capped isn't that bad. Some epic fights from the losing team keeping their core alive makes the game more enjoyable when losing. Warzone was always really fun when winning, but very painful when losing. More so than any other gamemode in halo. I'm hopeful you guys got this right. Took way too long :)
Did they confirm 12 man returning?
Caroniver wrote:

Did they confirm 12 man returning?
Pretty much. Or at least it sounds extremely likely to occur on a temporarily test basis. See Link for more than the two Josh quotes below.
ZaedynFel wrote:
12-player Fireteam Warzone: We’ve heard some of you wanting 12-player Warzone in some form. We have the concern that while players say they want to wait long periods of time, they actually have more fun getting immediate matches than not playing at all, even if they are in parties of 6.

Nevertheless, we have heard your requests and feel it would be worth testing this to see how well it actually does versus just speculating.

We still have some verifying to do before actually turning the switch on, but I think we have the ability to allow 12-player fireteams to matchmake in the normal Warzone playlist with the following caveats:
  • We are willing to try it as a test. If it doesn’t work well, we would remove it quickly. If it works well, we might just leave it.
  • 12-player fireteams would be restricted to only playing vs. other 12-player fireteams, for the time being. This is because our data clearly show that the current matchmaker can’t fairly match fireteams of this size otherwise. We are working to address this, but until then, this restriction must hold.
  • We would only allow parties of sizes 1-6, and 12 because our party restriction system can only restrict full parties, not partial ones. This is currently our only option if we want to do this at all.
  • There will be no way to tell if there are other available full fireteams, but you are welcome organize this on your own.
  • If there are no other 12-player fireteams available, you will not find any matches whatsoever. You will instead get a red error screen every 5 minutes and must re-search manually.
  • If you want to play but there are no other full fireteams around, your only option will be to split your fireteam down to a size of 6 or less
If you feel you can live with these restriction, then this might be a nice feature for you. We’ll be listening to your feedback, as well as monitoring stats on our side.

This is also only if we can verify beforehand that this is possible. If not, we won’t be able to do this. But we’re pretty confident right now that it will work.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Regarding the changes coming to Warzone ... do we have a time frame for when these changes will hit?
I can't be 100% certain, but I think very soon. We have internal testing we do on this stuff. If no red flags go up, it'll go live soon.
eLantern wrote:
Great news ske7ch.

While this is indeed encouraging news toward improving the competitiveness of Warzone I still probably won't find myself playing much of this mode; at least, not until the method of awarding Legendary AI Boss points gets redesigned as I just don't care for the current method.

It's my opinion that Legendary Bosses should either posses two life bars (dedicated to each team) or that their point value award be capable of being split up under 3 key factors. Those three key factors are: (ONE) landing the killing blow receives a specific amount of the points (50 points), (TWO) divide the remaining points per the percentage of rounded damage dealt by the two teams, and (THREE) the team that landed the killing blow has their points added to their team score first before the other team gets any damage points added to their team score as that should help settle the importance of landing the killing blow come game end with either team in position to win.

Legendary AI Bosses = 150 Total Points
  • 50 points get rewarded to the team that landed the killing blow. (double the value of killing a regular boss)
  • 100 points get divided up per team based on the percentages of damage dealt. (Example: a team that deals approximately 73% of the damaged will be rewarded 73 points and the other team gets the remaining points)
Both methods manage to keep landing the killing blow a notable aspect of the reward system, but in my opinion both methods are able to provide a better balance to the overall Warzone experience. My personal preference would be for the split point version as it doesn't require reworking the health meters for the AI Bosses and I think it just spurs a more competitive atmosphere throughout a match; however, it may cause match run times to extend a bit longer than typical as points get split up more, but as long as the experience is more enjoyable I can't imagine that being too much of a negative. With regards to the two life bar method it's worth noting that the health meter for the AI Boss would probably need to be shaved down some as only one team will be chipping away at it; otherwise, the length of time it'll take to destroy one of these Bosses could cause the match's play period to increase noticeably and I don't think this method spurs the same level of competitive enjoyment as the other one to cause the extension of match time to be as acceptable.
Well said! It is always tough ending a competitive 750-750 game when there is really no telling who gets the kill shot. It feels completely random and highly unrewarding, especially considering some of the reqs that are pulled to defeat them. A lot of my friends and I have discussed similar remedies and I am glad to see others share these ideas.
ske7ch wrote:
Caroniver wrote:
Will this update also fix the Arclight core shield glitch?
The core issue that many have reported is definitely something the team is aware of and working on. It will not be fixed with this update today - it's a bit more complicated and can't be properly resolved without a game patch. In all likelihood this will be rolled into the upcoming Fall patch for Halo 5 (which includes a number of other bug fixes, 4K support for Xbox One X, the weapon tuning changes, and more).
Is there any eta on when the fall patch is coming? This month or next? I'm excited for the tact mag buff.
Well the XBX is coming out on Nov 7th so I would bet some time around there. And what tact mag buff are you talking about. I haven't seen any announcement on that. Is that what you are hoping for?
WE DID IT! WE FOUGHT THE LAW AND WE WON! WE WON THE WAR!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

Oh I'm so stoked for 12 man Warzone returning. Thank you. You guys won't regret this. The population will shoot up like a rocket because of this. You guys just made the days of so many Warzone players.
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks - Tomorrow morning at approximately 10AM we'll be rolling out some updates to Warzone to address the increasing issues we've seen with lopsided / blowout matches. In last week's Halo Community Update we shared some details but in case you missed it, here's the scoop straight from 343 Lead Multiplayer Designer Lawrence Metten:

“Over time, the Warzone battlefield has changed as players have become more and more skilled at the game mode. However, not all of these changes have benefited all parties – since launch, we’ve slowly seen the Warzone “blowout rate” (how often matches end in lopsided or blowout scores) continue to rise. The Warzone team is experimenting with some significant changes to the way REQ Leveling works to facilitate more balanced Warzone matches.“These changes adjust the REQ Level awarded for match actions and add a REQ Level “drip” that slowly increases everyone’s REQ Level over the course of each match. In our internal playtesting, these changes have resulted in more back-and-forth Warzone matches with considerably fewer players stuck at low REQ Levels over the course of each game. “These experimental REQ Level changes do not impact Warzone Firefight or Warzone Assault. We’ll be monitoring game data closely and welcome players to share feedback regarding these changes over in the Waypoint forums.”This is a server-side update so there won't be any patch or game download to worry about. We're happy with how this has worked out during internal testing but as always welcome your feedback and will be monitoring game data extra closely to see how this experimental change lands.

And speaking of Warzone - if you missed it, check out this week's update by Josh Menke regarding some planning and work that's underway to try and institute a 12-man fireteam matchmaking solution. We don't have a confirmation or ETA yet but it's something he and the team are looking into.

Thanks!

This is only a suggestion. Probably no one will agree. But how about this? Instead of increasing req levels over time. How about you make it where each time you die, you lose a percentage of a req level. Or if you dont get a kill, it will slowly. Drip your level down. So that if someone is being carried by their team, he cant be overpowered for doing nothing. Its just my idea.
Along with the "trickle," you should implement a system that prevents stealing boss takedowns. In my case, boss takedowns could change the tide of war in seconds.
Secondly, a change should be made, so that kills reward less REQ level. This would prevent early game triple-caps. Make it, please, so that by usual mid-game, we would be towards 6-7 REQS, maybe 5-6.
Thirdly, I think that certainly REQ cards should be rebalanced. For certain REQS, like the Nornfang, they should be increased in REQ Level.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Quer uma idéia para tornar a Warzone mais divertida? Faça um modo warzone sem chefes, onde manter cada base é necessário, pelo menos, dois espartanos presentes, caso contrário, a base começa a cair, dê a opção à equipe que é sem os baixos, resgate em qualquer lugar no mapa e deixe o núcleo mais resistente
So which weapons had their req level changed in warzone?
Well i hope this balance the game cuz sometimes i see couple of wraths around and I'm stuck at level 2 REQ 😅
Every attach from warden eternal emp's vehicles yet you make him so tanky that you need 4 scorpions to defeat the 2 of him with his endless waves of incineration cannon knights that destroy your tank in seconds and send you in a 30sec respawn timer in a 5minute round.
The only round 5 where I notice that is a problem is Attack on Sanctum with the ridiculous amount of incineration cannon wielding Knights that spawn. Even on Heroic it can be a real pain so I can imagine it's a lot worse on the more difficult levels.

The other round that I think is an issue which you wouldn't expect is the Raid on Apex round 2 destroy the 2 Banshee bosses. If you don't have helping teammates, it can be deceptively hard with lack of weapon options and having AI Ghosts roaming around as well.

Not about regular WZ, but I hope you guys do look into Firefight at some point since there are issues.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
That's gonna be tagged.
That's gonna be tagged.
Just report anything like this you see and we'll take care of it, no need to respond
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11