3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
stckrboy wrote:
That's gonna be tagged.
Just report anything like this you see and we'll take care of it, no need to respond
Understood but I'm not usually the type to tell. I didn't think there was an option to report things like this that are so simple.
Understood but I'm not usually the type to tell. I didn't think there was an option to report things like this that are so simple.
Spam or other and leave a note
So how is the game going? I haven't been able to play yet today... Is there a noticeable difference?
sorry I did not know. A mode without the bosses, the team that is cornered in the nucleus has the option of redpawn anywhere on the map to capture a base, it is mandatory to presennate two spartans on each base so it does not fall. It would also be nice to have a warzone node in the forge
Do you not think that having a req level drip will make it easier for people to get to higher reqs more quickly making blowout matches more common?
Do you not think that having a req level drip will make it easier for people to get to higher reqs more quickly making blowout matches more common?
According to the OP this was added to help deal with blowouts.

I am curious to see the posts from players who have played this new Warzone. So far it is all just speculation.
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks ....
Did you nerf the req energy/level progress in general for Spartan kills and AI kills. I used to be able to get to req level 8 by team score 200-500 depending on the game, the few I played today this was happening at >600 team score. I liked the idea of the general req level progression drip because warzone is practically unplayable when you are not at req level 3 but I am not a fan of changing the game play mechanics that skilled player have become accustomed to.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
According to the OP this was added to help deal with blowouts.

I am curious to see the posts from players who have played this new Warzone. So far it is all just speculation.
Same... I read the last 2 post and was kind of wondering what it had to do with the new game changes to prevent blowouts. I call it getting steam rolled...lol
Caprakan wrote:
Have you guys considered just putting everyone on an equal req timer?
Hey VadersUncle! How's things?

I guess this is the 'trickle' they're referring to; everyone REQs up at a minimum pace, but kills and objectives jump it along a little quicker.

Another idea would be to have certain actions only contribute to REQ, while others only contribute to score.

Or any contribution to an objective gives a REQ boost (stops boss stealing taking all the REQ bonus).

I don't know if any of this is actually how Warzone works already, so don't quote me on any of it!
Hey I know you! I think anything they could do to promote playing the objective would be good. Sometimes warzone is just slayer with reqs. I'd be all for a mode where req level was capped at a certain level like 3 or 5 and bosses were worth lots of points.
This update has really reduced the req level/energy earned from going after bosses. On maps with bosses before the first armory I would always get to req level 3 after taking out several AI and getting the boss take down then capping our armory, now I see that the energy slider gives less energy for each of these and I will be just at 2.5. This update will not promote the objective aspect of warzone as the req energy/level payout has been reduced, mitigating the individual reward that these objectives used to give out. All I can tell that this is doing is limiting th req energy/level of players who actually do something and rewarding players who do nothing.

I do not get the point of this at all, the only problem with warzone was that some players are really bad and do not do anything to help the team win so rather than rewarding good play it is rewarding the latter and just making it ok to not do anything.

THIS IS A REALLY BAD ADDITION TO THE GAME, PLEASE CHANGE THIS OVER TO A DIFFERENT ROTATION GAME TYPE SIMILAR TO WARZONE TURBO BUT MAYBE TITLE IT WARZONE FOR DOUNUTS.
Finally, something to counter those Wasp swarms after capping armoury in ARC

Keep this, it balances out really well
ske7ch wrote:
Caroniver wrote:
Will this update also fix the Arclight core shield glitch?
The core issue that many have reported is definitely something the team is aware of and working on. It will not be fixed with this update today - it's a bit more complicated and can't be properly resolved without a game patch. In all likelihood this will be rolled into the upcoming Fall patch for Halo 5 (which includes a number of other bug fixes, 4K support for Xbox One X, the weapon tuning changes, and more).
Good to see that 343 are working on the fix. The exploitis being used way too often and gets old fast.
I wouldn't usually report someone but fireteams that usually farm, use this to get out of being triple capped too often. Seems they dont enjoy it when they continually get killed.
beebubee wrote:
beebubee wrote:
Caroniver wrote:
Will this update also fix the Arclight core shield glitch?
Oh..that explained why our core got destroyed while we triple capped the other team. Thanks. Better take a look at the game again tonight.
Here's how our core got blew up when we triple capped the other team, performed by "General Luigi"

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=beebubee#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_beebubee_51c08267-3d15-43cb-842c-6e4decb5fe2c

Sorry couldn't do the hyperlink, please C&P.
Trick was to get a wasp + arclite, fly "under the whole Noctus map, arrive in your enemy's core and simply blow it up.
I mean, whats the point in playing WZ if your core could be destroyed so easily? And I mean, isn't this cheating? or should other team know better? I don't know.
I get farmed a lot cos I m not in any team and I am crap, but this is on another level of frustration when you are cheated out of a win.
Anyway, 343 please fix these horrible glitches so people can play inside your game rule instead of by passing them and giving us the WTF moment.

Thanks.
That is one of the most infuriating things I've ever seen in my entire life. Not to take a shot at anyone, but you'd think this would be something people would immediately get on to push a patch out swiftly. Not have people get on it, and lump it in with another mass update, which to me, implies it'll probably be fixed beforehand, but the fix itself will be held off for some reason. Could be wrong, of course, but this should legitimately be high priority since it outright breaks the gamemode here. Also, IMO, yes, it is cheating. Bungie counted the BXR as a cheat, and that's just a melee glitch. I'd count taking advantage of a complete break in the game to unfairly give you the win when you were losing a cheat. It should not be possible. You should not have to account for someone breaking out of the map to win. When that isn't how you win.
So I played 3 matches tonight and here is my experience:

First two matches were blowouts. I joined the first match from the start and jumped into the second one early on. The other team beat my team both times, once by destroying our core and once by getting enough points.

The first match was a quick core destruction victory for the enemy team. We got overwhelmed and the team steamrolled us. The second match was really bad, the usual enemy team spawn killing us. We had the garage or whatever and the enemy team kept us pinned inside. Sometimes we would spawn outside and instantly get killed by a banshee spammer or hit by rockets. It sucked.

It doesn't matter if we have REQ points because if you summon anything you're going to get killed anyway. Vehicles likely won't make it out of the garage alive. Or if you spawn at your base and drive over you'll get hit by Banshees, tanks, and powerful REQ weapons.

Once the enemy team has us pinned it's really hard to get out of it. People set up with snipers or tanks and simply spawn kill you.

The third match was really good. It went back and forth several times, and we managed to come back from several triple caps. We eventually won the game at a very close end with the enemy team around 950.

Only 3 matches so can't come to any conclusions. But here are some things I want to mention:

Banshees need work. Their constant flips and ability to fly away from damage makes them common to steamrolling the whole match.

Spawns have to be looked at to avoid spawning you outside with a bunch of enemy vehicles and players around.

What's the work around for getting farmed once you're pinned down? Moving around the map is hard because of snipers. People sit in their bases with shotguns, camo, and swords. The reality is PUGs (pick up groups) are inherently susceptible to steamrolling, and PUGs is how the majority of people play. Little to no mic comm.

I hope this was helpful. I'll provide more feedback as I continue to play. I really want WZ to improve.
I'm still getting used to these settings, but first impression: the new REQ leveling system is awful.

It WAY overvalues getting boss takedowns, and way under-values slays. basically if you just run around like a noob for the first 5 minutes shooting your AR at bosses, but not helping your team actually get slays and cap middle base, you end up with the highest REQ level on the team. Meanwhile the players who were actually contesting the key parts of the map and trying to slay for position get stuck with L2s 4 minutes into the game. As an experiment, my teammate didn't go for any boss kills one game, just slays. it took him 45 kills to reach L9. That's absurd.

It MIGHT be workable if the whole team got REQ level credit for the boss takedown, rather that just the people shooting at the boss.

I'm not going to write off this system yet, I'll give it a few more tries, but this update might honestly have ruined warzone for me. And I'm SR 151, having been a WZ fanatic for the past 18 months.
I think this req drip is terrible. As a player who slays around bosses to protect my teammates as they slay the boss, I get ZERO benefits from helping them out. It took me 45 kills to max out earlier in a game when it used to take 25-30 while protecting my teammates. Warzone has different player types because it is a different game type. There are slayers, boss killers, base defenders, and countless other types of players, who contribute to a WZ game. IF you are going to implement a system that has a drip effect, don't change the Req level gains from spartan kills and team boss take downs...that screws all other types of players besides boss killers/base capturers. If this game type is simplified to req up by only killing the bosses and capping bases you will lose 90% of the current WZ players. Personally, I'd move on from Halo because WZ is the only game type keeping me interested.
Martin8zz wrote:
that screws all other types of players besides boss killers/base capturers.
100% this. ^

So my 3 SR12 noob teammates run through the middle of the map spraying their AR at a boss, while I kill an enemy ghost and 2 spartans who are about to murder my teammates and steal the boss from us. My teammates get the boss as I protect them and distract the enemy. I get almost no REQ level credit for my clutch triple kill + vehicle destruction, and my noob teammates get massive REQ level progression for being AR all stars against AI soldiers. Now they're all L3 while I'm still L2. Idiotic.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
I'm still getting used to these settings, but first impression: the new REQ leveling system is awful.

It WAY overvalues getting boss takedowns, and way under-values slays. basically if you just run around like a noob for the first 5 minutes shooting your AR at bosses, but not helping your team actually get slays and cap middle base, you end up with the highest REQ level on the team. Meanwhile the players who were actually contesting the key parts of the map and trying to slay for position get stuck with L2s 4 minutes into the game. As an experiment, my teammate didn't go for any boss kills one game, just slays. it took him 45 kills to reach L9. That's absurd.

It MIGHT be workable if the whole team got REQ level credit for the boss takedown, rather that just the people shooting at the boss. I'm not going to write off this system yet, I'll give it a few more tries, but this update might honestly have ruined warzone for me. And I'm SR 151, having been a WZ fanatic for the past 18 months.
Uhhhhh... If that's the case they're putting proper emphasis back on boss kills and playing the secondary obj. There's nothing noobish about being able to take down bosses for your team. The battle should be about getting into position (I.E: the bases) to be able to get a foothold on these bosses which boosts your point count and stranglehold on the game once you take them down, while of course, being able to stave off the enemy. There's a reason slays are only worth one point, and the game isn't decided by who can slay more. Boss contesting and base control is what the game's about.

Also, slightly unrelated, but still relevant, keep in mind that middle base isn't exactly the be all, end all as your paragraph implies, lol. It's a base sandwiched in between two. Attempting to seesaw the balance in your favor by capping a minor base, then mid base, over capping two minor bases to surround your opponent from either side, can easily get you taken down by sheer momentum, in comparison to having to split forces off to cap either base. In addition, if you're solo slaying, and not doing anything else, of course you're not gonna be successful, and that's how it should be. It stops people from solely slaying (a gameplay style that will get you slaughtered in the long run in an actual competitive environment, mind you, and STILL ISN'T the goal of Warzone), and puts an emphasis on positioning and catering your strategy to boss kills/the obj, provided of course, it's not just a blowout from people who quick core.

Mind you, I don't really care about what SR someone is (time played doesn't = good grasp on game design, lol), but to act like the people playing the objective are noobs is just so poor. It's cool that you can distract the enemy from your teammates, while being able to get the kill too, but it's like a flag cap. Despite getting the triple that may have saved your ally and given your team the flag capture, the immediate reward isn't going to match what your teammates did, because they still did the actual bosswork, whereas you worked around them, even if that supported them in the end. Again, slays aren't the primary method of winning the game, of course you're not gonna advance as much as the boss killers. The reward you get is in the long haul when you're able to win the game, through proper teamwork at that.

TL;DR: Distracting is like earning a silver medal and complaining you didn't get a gold when you still didn't accomplish the goal required to get you that gold.
I'm by no means the best WZ player, but I have played the most hours of WZ of anyone listed on Halo tracker (hold your applause), and generally have a pretty good understanding of the game. In my brief time playing with these new settings, I've noted many positives and negatives. First, here are the specific changes I've noticed since information has thus far been a bit vague:

Specifics of the new changes:

• Everyone's req energy now rises automatically (about 1/20th of a bar every 10 seconds)
  • Kills now give dramatically less req energy than before (about half).
  • Boss takedowns and base captures give moderately less req energy,
  • Boss takedowns only raise the req energy of players who get credit for the kill (not the entire team as it was previous)

What's Been Good:

• Req drip does a pretty good job of discouraging farming
  • Randoms are now getting more kills instead of being useless
  • Matches tend to last longer and there are less blowouts
What's Been Bad:

• Req 2 is inaccessible at the start of the game, which removes a lot of opening strategy possibilities (speed boosts, warthogs, carbines etc)
  • The game in general feels slower
  • With the changes to boss req energy payouts, there is much less opportunity for a team to change the course of a losing game. Game feels more boring.
Suggestions:

• Keep the "req drip" and lowered req rewards. This is a good change that keeps the game fun for lower skilled players without dramatically changing the core mechanics. Consider raising either the rewards or the drip level a bit though, to increase the speed of the game.
  • Make sure everyone has req 2 at the start of the game. This will again increase the speed of the game and return more creativity to the opening battle instead of it being determined solely by pistol skill.
  • Return to having bosses give at least some req energy to the entire team. This is the big one. Whoever gets the mid base always has had a big advantage, but it used to be that each Legendary boss was an exciting opportunity for the single-base team to get back in the game with the req boost it gave. With this change however, bosses only benefit the 1 or 2 people that get credit for the kill, making them far less valuable. Playing with the new settings, I noticed that I didn't really care if the losing team got a legendary boss because it really didn't help them that much, which was certainly not the case before. This change also does not reduce snowballing, since a team that both failed to get the mid base base AND lost the two legendary bosses had missed their chance of winning anyway, but at least they had a chance. Finally, it seems to go directly against 343's stated goal of making Warzone games more balanced and dynamic. With the new nerfed bosses, whoever is winning at the start will now win the entire game more often than ever. Bosses should go back to benefiting the entire team, with perhaps a lesser payout to fit with the other changes.
Martin8zz wrote:
As a player who slays around bosses to protect my teammates as they slay the boss, I get ZERO benefits from helping them out.
Yeah, this is another reason why boss energy should go back to being given to the entire team. It seems like the developers think "teamwork" means everyone blindly shooting the boss at the same time hoping the enemy doesn't steal it, as this is the behavior that is now rewarded. The most effective strategy is of course having people do different roles ie. some damaging the boss, some blocking the enemy from getting close, and others distracting the enemy at another objective. The game shouldn't reward the more unintelligent style of play as it does now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11