2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
TigerSanta wrote:
Not sure how this is working for standard warzone, seeing a lot of mixed feelings, but for firefight it's really seeming to help!
the update didn't affect firefight as far as i know
Maybe I'm just getting better then! XD
The update didn't affect assault or firefight
BradBOB1 wrote:
TigerSanta wrote:
Not sure how this is working for standard warzone, seeing a lot of mixed feelings, but for firefight it's really seeming to help!
The update didn't affect assault or firefight
Well that answers that then! Woop woop!
Do not create/use alternate accounts.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not create/use alternate accounts.
Spoiler:
Show
A lot of your post is about the matchmaking system itself, not just arena in general, so it would fit into the matchmaking thread here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-august-28/c29bb4db-2143-4777-82d6-fc45fb3cd6d4/posts .
It actually gets read & considered by 343 directly so if you post there, it could actually make a difference.

There's a new thread every week to discuss what's happening with matchmaking settings, so I hope you check back in the matchmaking section each week since not many people as high skill as you are posting in it. Most of the high champs are just sticking to twitter and stuff but nothing there is official.

And anything about weapon balance can go to the early discussion here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/weapon-tuning-update---early-discussion-thread/6f7052e9-b2cc-4c32-aef7-fed07a15cb35/posts .
Again, it's an actual official thread so your posts will matter.
TigerSanta wrote:
probably you are mate =P keep it up! =)
So, after several days of playing with the new settings, I have to say my opinion of the changes has shifted somewhat to being more positive. I thought at first that the changes limited strategic involvement and incentives, but they actually just changed them. In some aspects, the game now requires more thinking than before. It is still possible to turn a lopsided game around, but it will rely more on coordinated base capture tactics and less on building up REQs for vehicle spam. I still think it would be beneficial if boss credit were distributed to some extent to the team, and if req 2 starts returned - but I would not be heartbroken if these changes were here to stay.
So, after several days of playing with the new settings, I have to say my opinion of the changes has shifted somewhat to being more positive. I thought at first that the changes limited strategic involvement and incentives, but they actually just changed them. In some aspects, the game now requires more thinking than before. It is still possible to turn a lopsided game around, but it will rely more on coordinated base capture tactics and less on building up REQs for vehicle spam. I still think it would be beneficial if boss credit were distributed to some extent to the team, and if req 2 starts returned - but I would not be heartbroken if these changes were here to stay.
I will agree so far. It's nice to be able to have a more balanced game instead of it going completely lopsided. The drip effect added to the req energy is great.
I also have had more time to play with these new settings, and I too have "adjusted" my viewpoint to somewhat less pessimistic. There are some good and bad things about this update, and in many ways it plays better than the original IMO.

1. Good: I really like that you get less REQ level progress for spartan kills. Before, if you got 4-5 slays early and got an early whiplash, suddenly you had 15 kills and were on your way to an early banshee ultra or hannibal wasp. Now that progress for slays is slowed down, so everyone has to play for longer between L3 and L5 before all the banshees come out, and everyone has to work hard for map position. You don't get it for free with a big power weapon or vehicle. The drip works fairly well too. BUT, i think i'd like the level progress for kills to be slightly buffed from current. Slaying is SO disadvantaged vs. boss takedowns right now, it needs a little more love (just not as much as the original). Note, if the whole team shared in boss takedown REQ progress, you probably wouldn't need to buff the slaying rewards - slayers will get their bonus when teammates take bosses.
  2. Bad: It's still awful that the team shares no progress for a boss takedown. With the 6:00 legendary coming up, you do all this work to secure big door / open deck on stormbreak, pull out an EMP to kill enemy vehicles that are trying to splatter it, and hold 5 enemies from pushing the boss so your teammate can splatter it, and for your trouble you get... nada. This is broken. It doesn't need to be a LOT, but it needs to be something. E.g. 2 kills worth of REQ progress, while the takedown folks get 4-6 kills worth of progress. Like 30-40% of what the boss killer got. Note, if WZ were 12-man this new credit system would be fine since you could strategize who would go for the boss takedowns, but it's very frustrating in 6-man.
  3. (potentially) Good: I wonder if with this version, or something close like the changes I mention, 12-man WZ would play better and be more attractive to the community. I think it might...
  4. Both Good and Bad: many games are now going 20+ minutes, with huge REQs coming out on both sides. To some degree this is awesome, and captures what's great about WZ - big REQ weapons. But it also risks creating a kind of "REQ Spam fatigue"... like it's gotten to the point where it seems many games I play, if I want to win I need to pull the absolute best REQs: camos, whiplashes, endgames, banshee ultra, helios, etc., to have a chance. Before, you had an opportunity to outplay a team earlier in the game. Now, because of the drip and slow progression for the winning team, the losing team is going to have the opportunities to spam banshees, even if they're trip capped, and the team that is dominating still will need to pull out their best REQs to counter. Original warzone honestly never felt like "pay to win". But this new version has that flavor... whoever pulls more Banshee Ultras and helioses will win, because games all go 20+ minutes. Orignially, you could prevent the other team from getting to L7 REQs with good early game play.
  5. Neutral: Starting at L1 rather than L2 is okay, I don't really mind it, and there are some nice things about it. But going back to L2 starts would be okay too.
Agreed. Whatever our opinions, it's good there's still fun to be found! And at least we know that a great shooter is still getting TLC this late into its life cycle, which is remarkable.
Agreed. Whatever our opinions, it's good there's still fun to be found! And at least we know that a great shooter is still getting TLC this late into its life cycle, which is remarkable.
Agreed!
I can't play on xbox beacuse i'm in erasmus, when I return will be another game
So when are you guys bringing back 12 man Warzone as a test? I'm very interested in knowing the exact date when it returns. Oh man. I can't wait to play wit all my friends again.
Gonna check it out soon seems like its a pretty good improvement
Not sure if developers and other 343 staff are still reading these posts, but I must be bad at Warzone because since the update all of my matches are still one-sided losses. There have been less core-destruction victories and less boss kill wins. What has changed the most is that the opposing team will get two bases (try as hard as I can I can't help my team get a second base) and then they wait out the match to snipe us. It kinda sucks getting sniped across the map by a tank. Or can't leave the base due to an aerial vehicle. Another reason for me being bad at Warzone, I have no issues with Firefight. It's different overall yes, but only Mythic is impossible. Heroic and Legendary are hard but winnable. The Warzone update was nifty, but you need a lot of skill to compete and be a great team player. This is not a game mode for someone who doesn't have a lot of skill.
I like the update, but I was wondering what exactly happened with the Arclight. I know the general idea, but I'm not sure exactly what happened. It still shows up in super fiesta, so I'm assuming it's warzone specific.
I like the update, but I was wondering what exactly happened with the Arclight. I know the general idea, but I'm not sure exactly what happened. It still shows up in super fiesta, so I'm assuming it's warzone specific.
Here is your explanation.
eLantern wrote:
Here is your explanation.
Ah, thank you.
Sounds like everyone will req up a bit quicker. Warzone Turbo "Turtle Mode" lol. Have you guys considered just putting everyone on an equal req timer? Seems like that would create equal battles where skill and req strategy determine the outcome. Previously it has just been a race to level 5/6.
No; because the REQ system is merit-based, and making it an even timer would gut motivation for good gameplay; reward bad/lazy players and punish good players.
I wouldn't mind some improvements on the spawns in warzone.
Glad that they have made a change. I loved Warzone when Halo 5 came out and I played it for hours every night, but it got to the point in which my team would be killed every game or we would just simply slaughter, and its not very fun to play those kind of games over and over again. Hope these changes work and I can get back to enjoying Warzone again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11