OP halo490

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It's an Xbox Live issue.

Link: Xbox Live Service Status - Xbox Support
Is it Xbox live? From what I can tell most people can do everything normally except play Halo 5
At the time of posting this thread Xbox Live was experiencing an outage that affected multiple services, including matchmaking for various games
Is it the Halo servers with the free weekend for munchers that are not going to buy anyways. Sucks!!! I wish there is an official statement or something, are they giving priority to the freeloaders?
Unplayable for the second day in a row!!!outrage is an understatement when you cannot even play campaign!!
Well I checked the Xbox live status on xbox.com and it says everything is normal but I'm still getting unable to match as soon as I try to search
At the end of the day, it's an inconvenience but an Xbox Live outage isn't a big deal for me personally.

I feel bad for any new players trying to take advantage of the "Free to Play Weekend"...they're not really able to take full advantage of the offer. Would be nice if 343 repeated the offer next weekend or something...unless the offer (and corresponding downloads) contributed to the outage. ;-)
Been trying for past 30 minutes to match but it says unable to match.
Finally given up any hope of completing multiplayer games this weekend. More disconnections and freeze outs than I can count.
Well I checked the Xbox live status on xbox.com and it says everything is normal but I'm still getting unable to match as soon as I try to search
If this is another outage it's possibly just not been updated yet. I'd keep checking every so often just to be sure
what a smart move. most people like me can only play on weekends. then this happens.
I've been having issues with halo 5 the past couolenof days as well, it keeps giving me messages saying it can't find a suitable network connection but my network is just fine. The game has been completely unplayable, no access to multiplayer, forge, or even campaign. I fail to see how this is an Xbox live issue because every single one of my other games is working just fine, it's only halo 5. What's worse is I was playing this game just a couple of days ago, hopped off for 30 mins or so to watch Netflix, came back and then this started happening. Is there any information whatsoever as to what the issue actually is, what caused it, and if there is going to be a fix? Quite frankly I expect better from companies like microsoft and 343.
2 days straight is an embarassment for such a big brand, that is my favorite ofcourse!!
2 days straight is an embarassment for such a big brand, that is my favorite ofcourse!!
It really is, and considering this isn't the first free to play weekend for halo 5 (which surprise didn't cause issues like this the last few times) 343 should expect server issues from a large influx of players at once, that is common sense. But that being said I find it hard to believe that the free yo play weekend is the only issue here, I mean 2 days? And on top of that while some are saying it's resolved people are continually coming forward stating they are having the same issues. I mean at the very least if these issues are occurring shut the servers down for maintenance, shouldn't be a problem since most people can't play anyways.
What's weird, is that this happened last week too. January 4th.

This means it's been two weeks in a row where the servers have failed, even if it's only been one day.

You'd think the IT monkeys would have fixed this sort of thing by now, especially if they know the servers would be under heavy load.
Delta5931 wrote:
You'd think the IT monkeys would have fixed this sort of thing by now, especially if they know the servers would be under heavy load.
It's not always as simple as just "fixing" something though. There are a multitude of issues that can crop up and take critical system offline, doesn't matter how much preparation or testing or redundants you have in place.
Unplayable for the second day in a row!!!outrage is an understatement when you cannot even play campaign!!
Why wouldn't you be able to play campaign? It's the only thing you can play with no internet.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Why wouldn't you be able to play campaign? It's the only thing you can play with no internet.
If you, like me, purchased the Xbox One S Ultimate Halo Bundle, then you would have gotten two digital codes, one for MCC, and one for Halo 5.

Guess what you can't do if Xbox Live goes down? If you guessed "Play digital games", then you're right. The DRM on Xbox is so insane, that if Xbox Live ever goes down , say goodbye to your digital collection.

Anyway, short answer is that his game is digital.
Yep, if the Halo servers are down or if i dont have internet....no game!!I think they call this "progress"
For me I can play any game types except the new quick play. As soon as I select that it says unable to match and then I have to restart the game because if I select something else it just sits there and spins and nothing else’s happens.
Delta5931 wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
If you, like me, purchased the Xbox One S Ultimate Halo Bundle, then you would have gotten two digital codes, one for MCC, and one for Halo 5.

Guess what you can't do if Xbox Live goes down? If you guessed "Play digital games", then you're right. The DRM on Xbox is so insane, that if Xbox Live ever goes down , say goodbye to your digital collection.

Anyway, short answer is that his game is digital.
Except that you can play digital games offline.... just make sure the console is set as your “home Xbox”
Seem to be having the same issue as well, just started for me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3