3. 33
  4. 34
  5. ...
  6. 35
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't have an official quote but I hear somewhere on Reddit , that the XBONE is not tailored for overseas players. My brother and me, we share an XBOX360 and we sometimes lend a few games to my friends in my locality who also happen to have older versions of the 360. Now the problem is with the lending of the game, which the publishers do not seem to understand.
We had great times lending and borrowing games, reviewing them, having a discussion about them and what not and we also made good friends through this tradition.
Microsoft doesn't realize that we aren't rich cash cows who can be squeezed out of our every hard earned dime. We do not have the leverage to buy every Halo and Gears games, because its -Yoinking!- costly here in India. Our only solution is by lending a buddy's game.
I don't want "Kinect" in my life. I don't want a creepy -Yoink!- camera watching me and my girlfriend make out. I don't want to sign in to the internet every 24 hour just to play Halo 5's single player campaign. I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOUR UNDERHANDED TACTICS being used against US.
I just want a console which will just blow me over with it's graphics and durability.
We are the Consumer. The market is catered towards us. Listen to us. Feel our Heartburn. Look at your fading customer base and please grow a heart and ignore the stupid parents who'll just blindly buy your new console for their rich spoil brats to prance and abuse us in multiplayer games.
I hope you realized there is a shared list you can have that still let you play your friends games, even at the same time, so if anything this is better for you. Next your kinect isn't on when you are not playing and you can turn it off when you are playing anytime, not to mention its not like it's sent back to MS.... Next what's the problem with the 24 hour internet? You obviously have access to it.

Maybe you should do some research before crying foul.
Looking ahead, when the Xbox One servers are eventually shut down, there'll be NO WAY TO PLAY ANY XBOX ONE GAMES FROM THAT POINT ON.
Lets not forget that an online requirement significantly increases the chances of the inability to play the game AT ALL if there is server trouble at release. Essentially, every game becomes Sim City, even single player games. I don't even know if MS would allow you to return a purchased game when the server performance is less than reasonable, but maybe that's the plan.

There are plenty of smart people at MS, I think they will figure out what consumers want eventually.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't have an official quote but I hear somewhere on Reddit , that the XBONE is not tailored for overseas players. My brother and me, we share an XBOX360 and we sometimes lend a few games to my friends in my locality who also happen to have older versions of the 360. Now the problem is with the lending of the game, which the publishers do not seem to understand.
We had great times lending and borrowing games, reviewing them, having a discussion about them and what not and we also made good friends through this tradition.
Microsoft doesn't realize that we aren't rich cash cows who can be squeezed out of our every hard earned dime. We do not have the leverage to buy every Halo and Gears games, because its -Yoinking!- costly here in India. Our only solution is by lending a buddy's game.
I don't want "Kinect" in my life. I don't want a creepy -Yoink!- camera watching me and my girlfriend make out. I don't want to sign in to the internet every 24 hour just to play Halo 5's single player campaign. I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOUR UNDERHANDED TACTICS being used against US.
I just want a console which will just blow me over with it's graphics and durability.
We are the Consumer. The market is catered towards us. Listen to us. Feel our Heartburn. Look at your fading customer base and please grow a heart and ignore the stupid parents who'll just blindly buy your new console for their rich spoil brats to prance and abuse us in multiplayer games.
I hope you realized there is a shared list you can have that still let you play your friends games, even at the same time, so if anything this is better for you. Next your kinect isn't on when you are not playing and you can turn it off when you are playing anytime, not to mention its not like it's sent back to MS.... Next what's the problem with the 24 hour internet? You obviously have access to it.

Looking ahead, when the Xbox One servers are eventually shut down, there'll be NO WAY TO PLAY ANY XBOX ONE GAMES FROM THAT POINT ON.
Lets not forget that an online requirement significantly increases the chances of the inability to play the game AT ALL if there is server trouble at release. Essentially, every game becomes Sim City, even single player games. I don't even know if MS would allow you to return a purchased game when the server performance is less than reasonable, but maybe that's the plan.

There are plenty of smart people at MS, I think they will figure out what consumers want eventually.
Exactly. It's not my end I'm worried about (as I'm fortunate enough to live in an area with a very solid network infrastructure), but their's. Many of the complaints of DRM I've seen have arisen from when the authenticating system has a problem, performance or otherwise. Microsoft states they are adding 300,000 new servers to Xbox Live's network, which is certainly a lot, but if SimCity and Diablo are anything to learn from, the masses of people eager to play a game shortly after launch can bring those servers to a screeching halt.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's assuming the next gen doesn't have backwards compatibility.
The next gen doesn't have backwards compatibility. At least, not the Xbox One. At all. PS4 won't either, but they did say they wanted to make the entire past Playstation library streamable through their Gaikai service. Keyword being: "Wanted".

Although backwards compatibility is more of a convenience than a necessity, seeing that you can still just keep your old console, too.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's assuming the next gen doesn't have backwards compatibility.
The next gen doesn't have backwards compatibility. At least, not the Xbox One. At all. PS4 won't either, but they did say they wanted to make the entire past Playstation library streamable through their Gaikai service. Keyword being: "Wanted".

Although backwards compatibility is more of a convenience than a necessity, seeing that you can still just keep your old console, too.
What i meant was the next gen past xbox one, so xbox two.

Regardless the whole 24 hour thing could be easily fixable by MS. The reason they do it is to make sure people aren't just passing around games, so the best thing they could do is if you have the disk in the xbox then you wont need to be signed in since it accomplishes the same goal. Like how installing games works now.
I don’t know if Sony will seize on this opportunity. It might be too late, and the system has simply been designed to work similar to the way the Xbox One does. In that case, if the two systems end up having more or less the same policies, then it’s just going to be a free-for-all where consumers have two pretty similar choices in front of them, sort of like this past generation. Only this time, consumers will lose as both major companies have colluded in order to eliminate true game ownership or the ability to play offline. Should that happen, maybe Nintendo might finally see some wind in the Wii U’s sales, provided it’s released any worthwhile games by then. Perhaps we haven’t given Nintendo enough credit for staying true to the traditional practices of old.
At this point, the Xbox One seems to be fumbling so badly from a PR perspective, it almost seems like Sony would be remiss to not seize on the opportunity. Microsoft’s steps forward appear as backward movement to many, and Sony could win by simply standing still and watching its biggest competitor sink under its own weight. Or they may tie their fortunes together, and it will be the consumers who drown in higher prices and obtrusive restrictions.
I personally don't see the PS4 having spotlight at E3 much. All they have to announce is more games, which was covered at the press conference already. XBOX however, only covered the features of it (which are AWESOME) and have yet to even speak of games.

We'll see, but my thoughts are MS will walk ahead of Sony.
Quote:
I personally don't see the PS4 having spotlight at E3 much. All they have to announce is more games, which was covered at the press conference already. XBOX however, only covered the features of it (which are AWESOME) and have yet to even speak of games.

We'll see, but my thoughts are MS will walk ahead of Sony.
Like how your friends have unlimited access to your games when playing on your console? Because that has been a feature on consoles since...forever.
No. All the features talked about in the press conference.
Quote:
Quote:
Each disaster will be followed by the next one. Each fiasco will be followed by the next bigger one. They have no chance to stop it with their ideas - and they even won't know the reasons. Every attempt to control the damage will only create more damage.
yup --
==D
-- one of many examples.

-- -- and they still dont understand -- and they still dont see -- and they wont until it is too late -- it already is to late -- from this point they never had a chance from the beginning. they cant defeat their own nature -- they still dont understand what it is. humans lol. i mean that humans there at microsoft. ma´la´s --
they still think that they can design the xbox [d]one for their own small world. what an illusion -- and if it dont work -- well it never works -- yep sure: the real world is the bad guy.
you want to force the world to become like you imagine it -- microsoft?

lemme say you --
you know nothing -- microsoft-people.
can you explain me why everyone blames the 24h timer? -- no.
can you explain me why a lot of people are scared or worried about the kinect camera -- even whole governments? -- no.
can you explain me why the ps4 is in front of your xbox [d]one and sony didnt moved more than one finger? -- no.
can you explain me why the halo franchise was so successful that people even get tattoos of it? -- no.
you cant even explain me why people like bright weather or like to hear birds singing -- can you?

yep -- i guess for you all -- the birds only sing cuz of the darwinism. to avoid a fight -- more use than costs -- to get their own tree without an enemy bird comes there.
wow -- iam so happy not everyone is like you are.

and -- -- -- you think it is possible to create something that works only in your small little world full of nothing than strange ideas how to get more money and strange ideas how the rest of the world will develope one day -- like in a cheap game -- and use that ideas in the real world?
you even dunno what that is.
your perspective isnt more than a sack over your head and you think -- well this is the whole world?! what is time? what is essence? what are colors? why can you taste the sunlight if you move your face into it? why people start to hate you more and more? ==D

lol people -- at least that one who even dont try to understand what i try to explain to you. especially the most guys overthere at microsoft.
-- --
you know what? you cant imagine with what size you are messing with.

adiiu´ ta´ nlia´mii´tal´n´

-- and at all other halo fans who are sad now -- because you wont play the coming halo games -- relax.
all of that people who created that hilarious ideas for the next xbox or the coming halo games -- they never had a chance not to fail.

=== translation 8þ ===
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Each disaster will be followed by the next one. Each fiasco will be followed by the next bigger one. They have no chance to stop it with their ideas - and they even won't know the reasons. Every attempt to control the damage will only create more damage.
yup --
==D
-- one of many examples.

-- -- and they still dont understand -- and they still dont see -- and they wont until it is too late -- it already is to late -- from this point they never had a chance from the beginning. they cant defeat their own nature -- they still dont understand what it is. humans lol. i mean that humans there at microsoft. ma´la´s --
they still think that they can design the xbox [d]one for their own small world. what an illusion -- and if it dont work -- well it never works -- yep sure: the real world is the bad guy.
you want to force the world to become like you imagine it -- microsoft?

lemme say you --
you know nothing -- microsoft-people.
can you explain me why everyone blames the 24h timer? -- no.
can you explain me why a lot of people are scared or worried about the kinect camera -- even whole governments? -- no.
can you explain me why the ps4 is in front of your xbox [d]one and sony didnt moved more than one finger? -- no.
can you explain me why the halo franchise was so successful that people even get tattoos of it? -- no.
you cant even explain me why people like bright weather or like to hear birds singing -- can you?

yep -- i guess for you all -- the birds only sing cuz of the darwinism. to avoid a fight -- more use than costs -- to get their own tree without an enemy bird comes there.
wow -- iam so happy not everyone is like you are.

and -- -- -- you think it is possible to create something that works only in your small little world full of nothing than strange ideas how to get more money and strange ideas how the rest of the world will develope one day -- like in a cheap game -- and use that ideas in the real world?
you even dunno what that is.
your perspective isnt more than a sack over your head and you think -- well this is the whole world?! what is time? what is essence? what are colors? why can you taste the sunlight if you move your face into it? why people start to hate you more and more? ==D

lol people -- at least that one who even dont try to understand what i try to explain to you. especially the most guys overthere at microsoft.
-- --
you know what? you cant imagine with what size you are messing with.

adiiu´ ta´ nlia´mii´tal´n´

-- and at all other halo fans who are sad now -- because you wont play the coming halo games -- relax.
all of that people who created that hilarious ideas for the next xbox or the coming halo games -- they never had a chance not to fail.

=== translation 8þ ===
My thoughts exactly...
Excited for E3 this year. Go XBOX! Show the station fans that your also a solid gaming platform still!

I'm at home, alone, and bored.
Quote:
I hope so too, because what we want sure ain't what they're offering.

How did they screw this up so badly? Did they fire everybody who ever worked on the Xbox 360?

Quote:
Quote:
The next gen doesn't have backwards compatibility. At least, not the Xbox One.
What i meant was the next gen past xbox one, so xbox two.
*four
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. ...
  6. 35