Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

XP Gain is garbage

OP Dead Nerves6984

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
No matter what game mode I play, most XP I get is 25K XP and being level 145 that’s just a spit in the face. I already have 32 days and 11 hours put into this game, 343 throw ya boy a bone so I can reach max level and move on with my life. Double XP every now and then just isn’t cutting it.
No matter what game mode I play, most XP I get is 25K XP and being level 145 that’s just a spit in the face. I already have 32 days and 11 hours put into this game, 343 throw ya boy a bone so I can reach max level and move on with my life. Double XP every now and then just isn’t cutting it.
double xp only applies to pvp gametypes too. If you like firefight, too bad forever lol
Well the grind isnt fun.
Its more like a chore which is the reason why i stopped grinding, im 149 now but i gave up.
If you think it's a spit in the face at 145 then you're gonna haaaaaaate the 150+ levels. IIRC going from 150 to 152 is about the same as going from 1 to 149, over the course of just two levels.
I figure they did this because people complained the leveling in 4 was too short (Which it kinda was, to be honest).

That being said, I think they could have brought back Daily/Weekly "Objectives" for getting extra EXP. That made the grind in Reach a little more 'fun' to me personally. Oh well, maybe for Infinite huh?
Should've played more early on if you were able to, but just grind Firefight and you'll get there eventually.
Yeah, the grind is called a grind for a reason. Max level is supposed to be hard.
double xp only applies to pvp gametypes too. If you like firefight, too bad forever lol
Firefight is also double XP
I kinda like it that way it gives you a good reason to keep playing after you've unlocked everything but that might just be me
I kinda like it that way it gives you a good reason to keep playing after you've unlocked everything but that might just be me
Yeah, while I can sympathize with people who don't have a lot of time to devote to a single game (Because of say work, college, or work and college) I'm glad there's games that have long reaching goals for people to work towards. It gives a sort of longevity to it, whereas if you can 110% a game over the weekend then.... How long are you really gonna keep playing it?

However that grind should also be engaging; which I feel Halo 5 fell short in. Reach had a long grind too, but with things like Daily/Weekly objectives it kinda alleviated it somewhat.
The grind is ridiculous, it’s absurd. I’ll hit 152 in a few months but this is definitely my most played game of all time & then some. They just need to keep Double XP indefinitely. I’ve knocked out over 2.5M XP since it came back so I really hope it sticks around to help me get there quicker.
Akinola51 wrote:
The grind is ridiculous, it’s absurd. I’ll hit 152 in a few months but this is definitely my most played game of all time & then some. They just need to keep Double XP indefinitely. I’ve knocked out over 2.5M XP since it came back so I really hope it sticks around to help me get there quicker.
The game's in its final year before Infinite renders it obsolete. I think they could stand to keep it Double EXP honestly; but alas, it'll probably not be. At the very least keep the Platinum and EXP Packs around in the store! :(
It really isn't that hard to reach 152 if you really work at it. Heroic warzone firefight is the best to grind for it. Low stress with really good xp and rp payouts for the time played. Then really grind those double XP playlist when available. One thing I did was grind out points with the Bing/Microsoft rewards to get gift cards and get the legendary xp boost packs from the store so I didn't have to actually buy them.
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Yeah, the grind is called a grind for a reason. Max level is supposed to be hard.
This.
LethalQ wrote:
It really isn't that hard to reach 152 if you really work at it. Heroic warzone firefight is the best to grind for it. Low stress with really good xp and rp payouts for the time played. Then really grind those double XP playlist when available. One thing I did was grind out points with the Bing/Microsoft rewards to get gift cards and get the legendary xp boost packs from the store so I didn't have to actually buy them.
So is heroic firefight better for the grind than mythic?
LethalQ wrote:
I think it is... Heroic you need way less reqs and you can end games quickly. Heck sometimes you can get two games of heroic in the time it takes to do one game of mythic depending on the rounds.
LethalQ wrote:
There’s only 1262 people at 152 though, out of all the people that have ever played H5. I’d say a required 1500 hours or whatever it is to reach 152 is excessive.
LethalQ wrote:
I second LethalQ and say it is.
I think you can lose in the early rounds of Mythic and get the same amount of XP as Heroic (not positive), but probably not advisable unless you play with a full party.
it must be unfathomably rare then, i have played 20 days and 12 hours of firefight over a year or so, 1922 games and never seen double xp in firefight

is there a way to find out when a given playlist gets a double xp period? I would find that very usefull lol
it must be unfathomably rare then, i have played 20 days and 12 hours of firefight over a year or so, 1922 games and never seen double xp in firefight

is there a way to find out when a given playlist gets a double xp period? I would find that very usefull lol
Everything is double XP right now for the holidays. You're right in that firefight is never double XP when they assign it to a specific playlist. Probably because there are already plenty of players.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2