Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

XP Gain is garbage

OP Dead Nerves6984

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
LethalQ wrote:
It really isn't that hard to reach 152 if you really work at it. Heroic warzone firefight is the best to grind for it. Low stress with really good xp and rp payouts for the time played. Then really grind those double XP playlist when available. One thing I did was grind out points with the Bing/Microsoft rewards to get gift cards and get the legendary xp boost packs from the store so I didn't have to actually buy them.
I work 40+ hours in a pharmacy, I really don’t have a whole lot of time to grind every day all day like I’d need to.
Akinola51 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
It really isn't that hard to reach 152 if you really work at it. Heroic warzone firefight is the best to grind for it. Low stress with really good xp and rp payouts for the time played. Then really grind those double XP playlist when available. One thing I did was grind out points with the Bing/Microsoft rewards to get gift cards and get the legendary xp boost packs from the store so I didn't have to actually buy them.
There’s only 1262 people at 152 though, out of all the people that have ever played H5. I’d say a required 1500 hours or whatever it is to reach 152 is excessive.
I don't think it is... The majority of those playing now more likely didn't take advantage of perks early in H5's life and also probably didn't use their xp boost. Quite a few people are just now trying to get to 152 simply for the reward in Infinite which isn't even going to be anything big (it has been said it's not even going to be armor). Now they are complaining the grind is too long because they don't have long to get their. There has been plenty of time to get to 152 of players had played regularly since launch.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think you can lose in the early rounds of Mythic and get the same amount of XP as Heroic (not positive), but probably not advisable unless you play with a full party.
Particularly not with the horrifying amount of people in the SR5 ~ SR30 range that feel it'd be neat to try Mythic out. There should be an SR limitation so only 100+ or something can join, since it's annoying to be essentially 2 or even three or four people down since said players lack any of the REQS - least to say the coordination - to do anything meaningful in the game. I'd seen enough "CHARGE THE MYTHIC KNIGHT WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE!!" players to drive me out of Mythic for good.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think you can lose in the early rounds of Mythic and get the same amount of XP as Heroic (not positive), but probably not advisable unless you play with a full party.
This is pretty true at least while the double XP is running. I think losing at round 4 results in about 25K XP (with legendary XP boost) which is 4K more than I usually see in heroic. If you lose in round 3 I think you break even with what you could have made in heroic, and if you win it’s around 27K. When mythic is up doesn’t it always have double XP or is it regular pay out? It’s a rotational playlist so I would figure it would dole out more reward, but if it doesn’t the payout is probably crap without it.

On a tangent, I really feel like some mythic WZ boss rounds are truly impossible. It took 3 minutes to bring down 1 of 3 wardens with several tanks and a wraith blasting it.
LethalQ wrote:
I work 40+ hours in a pharmacy, I really don’t have a whole lot of time to grind every day all day like I’d need to.
You don't have to grind every day. As long as H5 has been out there has been plenty of time for players to have reached 152 if they really wanted too. Problem was H5 wasn't all that fun to play for most so they didn't play a lot.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
You don't have to grind every day. As long as H5 has been out there has been plenty of time for players to have reached 152 if they really wanted too. Problem was H5 wasn't all that fun to play for most so they didn't play a lot.
I played for awhile until all my friends quit playing, my clan is so close the getting Achilles helmet too, but everyone gave up
Sylxeria wrote:
Akinola51 wrote:
The grind is ridiculous, it’s absurd. I’ll hit 152 in a few months but this is definitely my most played game of all time & then some. They just need to keep Double XP indefinitely. I’ve knocked out over 2.5M XP since it came back so I really hope it sticks around to help me get there quicker.
The game's in its final year before Infinite renders it obsolete. I think they could stand to keep it Double EXP honestly; but alas, it'll probably not be. At the very least keep the Platinum and EXP Packs around in the store! :(
they should just make permanent double or triple xp
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I played for awhile until all my friends quit playing, my clan is so close the getting Achilles helmet too, but everyone gave up
If you’re REALLY wanting the helmet, Legendary Achilles 9 should be getting it in the next few months (I already have it, I’m just helping them grind)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2