Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

XP grinding is going to be much easier soon

OP tuhin94

Quote:
WARZONE FIREFIGHT

As the team is continues to monitor playlist health, we'll eventually be looking to reduce the number of Warzone offerings that are up at any specific time. The current plan to help alleviate the bifurcation of players is to eventually consolidate our Warzone Firefight playlists. While there are differences between Heroic Warzone Firefight, Legendary Warzone Firefight, and Mythic Warzone Firefight, we've noticed that Legendary WZFF players will jump over to Mythic WZFF during the weekends. Due to this split offering, we see Legendary WZFF activity fall during the weekend while Heroic WZFF remains steady. As a result, we've decided to "combine" Legendary & Heroic WZFF into one Warzone Firefight playlist and leave Mythic WZFF up permanently – bringing our three playlists to two.

The reason "combine" is in quotes is because the playlist will exclusively feature Heroic difficulty, but the XP Rewards will now match those of Legendary WZFF. Fear not though, Mythic WZFF will continue to provide it's higher XP payouts due to its extreme difficulty. By doing this we believe that the population will no longer be split between Legendary & Mythic WZFF, and the two existing playlists will remain healthy for quite some time. The timing for this change has not been locked in yet, but will probably happen within the next few weeks.
Personally, I understand this change given the age of the game and the associated population issues, even if it may not be ideal. Good thing is the change will make Heroic much more rewarding (obviously) and hopefully make Mythic more enjoyable for those who love it such as myself.
I asked for exactly this a week ago. I think it's great. Thanks H5 sustain team <3.
Glad I got my 152 XP grind done before this change came about. Heroic Warzone was far too boring and slow to play for my liking. This should be a welcome change for those still climbing the mountain, though.
i would have like to just see legendary disappear on the weekends and not bring mythic on full time. I know the grind is still all to real but this is a small way kind of weakens those who are at 152 already
i would have like to just see legendary disappear on the weekends and not bring mythic on full time. I know the grind is still all to real but this is a small way kind of weakens those who are at 152 already
I don't think it weakens 152. There are a lot of ways to get to 152, some are a lot easier than others. The route taken just makes the experience different.
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
I don't think it weakens 152. There are a lot of ways to get to 152, some are a lot easier than others. The route taken just makes the experience different.
it weakens it because it makes something that has only been available on a limited basis (only weekends) available all the time now. the grind is still real dont get me wrong but its like the people asking for double xp all the time now. thats all im saying.
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
it weakens it because it makes something that has only been available on a limited basis (only weekends) available all the time now. the grind is still real dont get me wrong but its like the people asking for double xp all the time now. thats all im saying.
Personally, Mythic FF was never my preferred grinding method. I never had a team for it, and some people that play it are just clueless. I’ve always stuck to Heroic FF, because it’s at least consistent.
it makes me feel better and it will change my quotidianity a lot
The difference between heroic and legendary wzff xp isn't even that large. It's maybe 1 or 2k a game. This isn't groundbreaking. The real gains are going to come from figuring out how to melt bosses quickly so that the game finishes as quickly as possible.
Well i think the gring to 152 is going to be easier with mythic FF the full time in there
This is good to know, thanks for the info.
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
I enjoyed the double xp over the holidays but understand why it shouldnt be an eternal thing

What would be great though is the inclusion of a pve gametype into the double xp rotation. Currently its exclusive to the pvp gametypes. If you dont enjoy pvp then the only solution is "too bad" which isnt really a solution
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
I enjoyed the double xp over the holidays but understand why it shouldnt be an eternal thing

What would be great though is the inclusion of a pve gametype into the double xp rotation. Currently its exclusive to the pvp gametypes. If you dont enjoy pvp then the only solution is "too bad" which isnt really a solution
i agree with this, would like to see heroic warzone get a double xp weekend every now and then. if you dont have a good team in mythic then you dont stand a chance
Any boost in xp payout we get is a great thing!