Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Yoink the Scattershot

OP Major Narhan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The "aimed" shot for the Scattershot is intended for longer distances, i'ts stronger at close distances when not aimed. The gun doesn't suck, you just don't know how to use the bloody thing.

Tea...🍵
Are you sure?
That's weird. I thought the gun was a one hit kill that close up. What's going on?
Rip in peace Scattershot. Killed by inconsistency.

In all seriousness though, It's good, but I'd just rather take a shotgun or bayonet over the weapon for reasons such as this. It should kill at point blank range no matter what, because it's a CQC weapon. (A Shotgun like weapon, to be exact.)

Even the loathsome thing and Didact's Signet suffers from this same problem. (Loathsome says it does "more damage"? I haven't noticed it due to said inconsistency that everyone is talking about.)
The scattershot can be a great weapon and it's a shotgun with an extreme range. However, it's not that effective to shields like all other forerunner weapons in Halo 5.
It was also one of the last weapon commendations I did complete which tells how hard it's to use that weapon.
The "aimed" shot for the Scattershot is intended for longer distances, i'ts stronger at close distances when not aimed. The gun doesn't suck, you just don't know how to use the bloody thing.

Tea...🍵
Are you sure?
That's weird. I thought the gun was a one hit kill that close up. What's going on?
It hasn't been a 1 hit kill weapon and the shots are very spread out which means you need to hit most of them to truly hurt an enemy.
However, like all forerunner weapons in Halo 5 they are bad against shields but have insane health damage.

I think a well placed frag grenade to remove most of the player shields would help to kill the enemies you encounter more quickly.

Tea...🍵
Are you sure?
It hasn't been a 1 hit kill weapon and the shots are very spread out which means you need to hit most of them to truly hurt an enemy.
However, like all forerunner weapons in Halo 5 they are bad against shields but have insane health damage.

I think a well placed frag grenade to remove most of the player shields would help to kill the enemies you encounter more quickly.
Except that isn't what's happening. watch the gif again.

The problem is the fact that the Scattershot's damage is cut down when it hits a player's weapon and not the actual body itself, allowing them to survive with just their shield missing. Hitting them in the actual body makes it function like a regular shotgun.

And since most people aim for center mass when using a shotgun-like weapon, the chances are high that you end up hitting the weapon itself, preventing a 1 shot kill.
I have never had a problem with the Scattershot. I usually can wreck house with it.
Rip in peace Scattershot. Killed by inconsistency.

In all seriousness though, It's good, but I'd just rather take a shotgun or bayonet over the weapon for reasons such as this. It should kill at point blank range no matter what, because it's a CQC weapon. (A Shotgun like weapon, to be exact.)

Even the loathsome thing and Didact's Signet suffers from this same problem. (Loathsome says it does "more damage"? I haven't noticed it due to said inconsistency that everyone is talking about.)
The scattershot can be a great weapon and it's a shotgun with an extreme range. However, it's not that effective to shields like all other forerunner weapons in Halo 5.
It was also one of the last weapon commendations I did complete which tells how hard it's to use that weapon.
For me it wasn't that hard. The laser one was a struggle however.

Besides the point, the scattershot has too many inconsistencies to warrant using it in most cases (unless you're playing arena, in which case, you might as well pick it up so that the enemy team can't use it against you.)

Tea...🍵
Are you sure?
It still is a shotgun. What I said was just my personal experiences with the Scattershot.

Tea...🍵

Tea...🍵
Are you sure?
It still is a shotgun. What I said was just my personal experiences with the Scattershot.

Tea...🍵
And I'm showing you that the scattershot is broken. It has nothing to do with aiming or not aiming.

The gun sucks because it doesn't work properly.
And they say Forerunners create weapons of mass destruction, like come on, this gun is sad
The scattershot aka lottery Canon as I call it lol is SUPER inconsistent. It's a terrible weapon. I've been killed so far away with before it's ridiculous!! And I mean far! I had full shields too. Then there has been times I'm super close to someone who just shot me and I didn't die lol it's a joke!
Wow I thought it was inconsistent but that's just... wow.
HaXoR73 wrote:
The Scattershot can be used just as effectively as the Shotgun; you just need to get a little closer than normal. In addition, ricocheting shots around corners can finish off wounded / escaping opponents.
Maybe but it still sucks, even the Halo 2 Shotgun would win and that thing had terrible range then the other shotguns. And besides the Scattershot is terrible as even in close range it can't one shot kill. You saw the Gif he was even in Halo 2 Shotgun range.
It's always the opposite when someone uses the Scattershot against me :(
Same. I'm usually like "That should not have been a kill!" So now try to toss them off the map…
Permission to come aboard your "Feels is real" boat OP?
That feeling is too real with me and the scattershot.
Permission to come aboard your "Feels is real" boat OP?
That feeling is too real with me and the scattershot.
All aboard the feels trip my friend!
http://imgur.com/UeMzQ3t
If someone can lazy link it thanks, the video speaks for itself otherwise. -Yoink- the scattershot and its inconsistency
git gud ked
Screw all of the shotguns. The only one that's viable in Halo 5 is Blaze of Glory.
yep I can't play with it either. And I hate going into smart scope with it.
RollCats wrote:
http://imgur.com/UeMzQ3t
If someone can lazy link it thanks, the video speaks for itself otherwise. -Yoink- the scattershot and its inconsistency
git gud ked
Getting good is nothing to how close he was to that guy.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Screw all of the shotguns. The only one that's viable in Halo 5 is Blaze of Glory.
Thats pretty much true, for a rare req it's pretty good.
Hey remember how I said, "This Gun is sad", Well I take it back
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3