You left Halo 5 and why?

OP ZacBum

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
Hello Halo 5 Waypoint community. I'm keen to know if you left Halo 5 either permanently or for an extended period and what made you do so?

For me I left Halo 5 one day after dealing with the frustrations of playing from Australia and vowed never to play it again however found myself returning as I still have an addiction to Halo (I even posted a farewell on here and yes that was stupid but I was just in a bad place at the time with this game, but hey it was a nice post ok! haha).

Even coming back to Halo the frustrations remain though I'm trying to deal with them differently instead of wanting to throw my controller across the room! I think my issues with this game are due to a very low Australian player base, quality of Australian Azure servers and coupled with Australia's low quality internet system. Whilst I was strictly a Halo player I found myself going into my local game shop and finding a game that has a healthy Aussie population that can provide choice of servers, low ping etc. I settled with BF1 and the difference in connection / gameplay is just night and day over Halo. I'm loving BF1 and it is now my go to game but I'm disappointed that Halo 5 is suffering for Australian players and I expect that to remain until the next Halo installment, maybe the MCC patch will boost the Aussie player base, fingers crossed...

Anyway I'll continue to play H5 and can enjoy the company of playing with friends I've made along the way from time to time and those who have helped me a lot with this game, thank you, you know who you are and it's been appreciated. Anyway enough of my story so over to you guys and why you left, or came back...
I left for many reasons. I tried to like Halo 5, for the short time I played, I put a ton of hours into it. Eventually I dropped it. I dislike the req system, it adds a pay to win element to Halo, not enough servers, I'm in Europe, connecting to American servers gives you a massive disadvantage, no playable elites, no blood to note (I prefer the older blood effects), the lack of customiastion, for both armour and emblems, the dreadful tack on of btb, I could go on, the list is very, very long.

I hope there are big changes to Halo 6, as things stand I'm not pre ordering or even considering buying it. 343i know what we want. The forums have been giving them feedback since before release, many of us think the Halo 5 beta was better than the game (multiplayer of course) Then, we have that joke of a campaign. The best thing in it was 031 Exuberant Witness imo.

Those are some of my reasons, the community could add so many more.
Ive done this many times, I once made a farewell post ages ago like you which I regret as is was completely dumb. Ive noticed I only get frustrated because of stats, when I used to play Halo 2 or halo 3 as a kid I didnt care about stats and I had a blast playing, even though I was terrible. I personally think on the stats page in game and on waypoint they should remove the "KD" and replace it with highest rank, games played and number of kills. I cant even play a game of super fiesta without getting mad.
No time.I have an private life that currently wants attention,so games in general have a pretty hard stand,even my loved Pokemon games needed to step back.
I don't play Halo 5 then I use to before. Got bummed out with the lack of new things to do and decided to go back to the campaign and multiplayer of the classic Halo's and Halo Reach.

Oh yeah! Playing all the way from Australia, my connection to the servers located in the west coast of the U.S gets all loose. I don't expect a lot with my aim & shot registration.

I'll come back on occasions maybe once or twice per month, but right now, there's nothing refreshing happening to Halo 5. So yeah, I'll look into other games, and play the classics & Reach until something new caught my eye.
I quit Halo 5 because I'm burnt out of it & I don't find this game fun anymore, when I play all the other Halo games, I can have fun & have a laugh with people & have a chat with them, Halo 5 I can't, it was my favorite game Since Day 1, now it's one of my worst
I quit Halo 5 because I'm burnt out of it & I don't find this game fun anymore, when I play all the other Halo games, I can have fun & have a laugh with people & have a chat with them, Halo 5 I can't, it was my favorite game Since Day 1, now it's one of my worst
It's a shame mate, how do other games seem to survive and go the distance and retain a good a player base, yet H5 appears to be falling apart here in Australia...
I left because lack of split screen and the sole purpose of me playing halo is to have a fun time with my brothers. I thought maybe the lore and attachment to the franchise could keep me going but apparently not. I have my own opinion on other things, but I know if I could play with my brothers splitsceeen, I would regardless of features added or removed in halo 5 or even going forward.
I left about 10 months ago because my Gold Live ran out and I currently have more important real life issues to attend to than playing games online. But I will go back and play more once I can get Gold back. Loved Warzone/Warzone Firefight.
ZacBum wrote:
It's a shame mate, how do other games seem to survive and go the distance and retain a good a player base, yet H5 appears to be falling apart here in Australia...
I'm not so sure, I reckon when they make the right choices & add things that will please fans, it could hold a good player base or if they love the game so much, Example: Black Ops 1 still holds a great amount of players for its age from the last time I checked

And I agree, Halo 5 is really bad for us Australian folks, I'm from the Central Coast of Sydney Nsw & it's really bad with shot registration & lag everytime, it's really unplayable sometimes if you ask me
eviltedi wrote:
I left for many reasons. I tried to like Halo 5, for the short time I played, I put a ton of hours into it. Eventually I dropped it. I dislike the req system, it adds a pay to win element to Halo, not enough servers, I'm in Europe, connecting to American servers gives you a massive disadvantage, no playable elites, no blood to note (I prefer the older blood effects), the lack of customiastion, for both armour and emblems, the dreadful tack on of btb, I could go on, the list is very, very long.

I hope there are big changes to Halo 6, as things stand I'm not pre ordering or even considering buying it. 343i know what we want. The forums have been giving them feedback since before release, many of us think the Halo 5 beta was better than the game (multiplayer of course) Then, we have that joke of a campaign. The best thing in it was 031 Exuberant Witness imo.

Those are some of my reasons, the community could add so many more.
I am sorry, but it is annoying when I see someone say that the REQ system was essentially "pay-to-win". How is it pay to win? While it is true that a person who spends money does have a chance to have more/better REQs than someone grinding REQ packs....and having those REQs could improve one's chances at winning, it's doesn't solidify a victory. Just because you have a high REQ weapon, doesn't make you any harder to kill than normal (with a few exceptions to some of select few ultra rare REQs). Same thing with a vehicle. An ONI Scorpion or Ultra/Temple Wraith could be as easily hijacked as a Mongoose or Warthog. Yea, having high or rare REQs can make getting more kills and winning easier. But 1.) You still have to reach the REQ Level in the match to even be able to use said REQs and 2.) someone can easily kill/hijack you and take your weapons/vehicles.
And yes, I did mention that there are a few weapons that could potentially make you harder to kill like the Whispered Truth, unlocking/obtaining REQs is RNG so even if you spend money, there is no guarantee you are going to get those specific REQs...you simply increase your odds at getting them, but you don't guarantee getting them. A person who used RP to open a REQ pack has the same odds of getting an ultra rare REQ as someone who opened a REQ pack they paid for.
Now I will agree that the packs that you can pay money for that gives you specific weapons like the Norngfang or the special SPNKR Rocket Launcher are a bit BS. But that person still has obtain the required REQ level in the match to even be able to use them anyway. But the overall REQ system as a whole is not a straight up pay-to-win element.
I stopped playing because it felt like a chore rather than entertainment.
I left for 8... hours because I had to sleep. Immediately woke up, turned my controller on, and started playing Halo 5 and noob-comboing people left and right. What a silly topic.

Just kidding, no I occasionally leave. Mostly to focus on IRL stuff, like going to the gym. I don't like to play any other games so I'll find myself jumping back to Halo every now and then. I'm currently trying to grind to 151 (just 1mil xP left). Not sure I'll make it to 152, however if Halo 6 comes out in 2019, then that is still a possibility.
Been playing more MCC lately. I still occasionally come back to H5. I want regular FFA back.
I left when I felt I was getting burnt out. After a while it felt like it got boring. Especially once my friends stopped playing too.

I played other games for a while and found myself wanting to play halo again. So a few weeks back on and it's feeling fun again.

Oh and the Aussie servers suck!
I took a break for around a month a few months ago because my friends stopped playing but came back because other games weren't as fun for me. I've been playing mcc lately though because it's hard for me to find games
Solo queueing is absolutely miserable and it became pretty stale. Like, covered in bluish green mold and harder than a diamond stale. I played one game of warzone after a month of absence, took massive Ls, then went to the customs browser, which was ok for a while but I don't have any goal for it anymore.
It is what it is. I won’t try to compare the old and new halo. I love both. But this one has made me more frustrated than any before hand by a large margin. And I’ve taken numerous breaks off halo 5. Just due to boredom annoyance etc
I left for a few months last year when I was getting tired of this game and decided to play Skyrim. I'll likely take another one once I hit the max rank next month. I don't think I'll ever leave permanently since I'm always drawn back to it.
I didn’t like the direction they went with the weapon tuning.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13