2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13
I stopped playing for a long time because I was just burnt out. I was playing every day almost for about a year until the big content updates ended, then I started playing only a couple times a week for a couple months and then eventually was just not having fun when I played so I stopped. After a long break I slowly felt the urge to play more and more but my favourite mode to play was BTB and by that time they ruined the BR so it wasn't much fun. These days I play a couple times a week for about an hour maybe, just goofing around in super fiesta/featured playlists. Sometimes I'll go into quickplay as well but really I'm just waiting for H6. Nothing out there right now interests me except maybe Overwatch, might give that another shot but eh. Tried to scratch my Halo itch with MCC but exclusively for BTB and the thing with MCC is everyone just votes for H3, which I really don't understand.
I left Halo 5 after playing it nonstop for about a year and half give or take. I still comeback to it every now and then only to play with friends but the reason why I kept playing was because I kept looking forward to the free content they would add but was immediately let down by the overtime update. I found it stupid that 343 decides to tune the weapons this late after about a 2 years of it's release. Another thing that got upsetting to me was warzone. I enjoyed it around the beginning before farming, quick core, etc. but when Achilles was revealed, warzone became nothing but stress to me. Having to carry my teammates was just bad for my health because I would attempt to make a move but get held back regardless. Same deal applies in arena. I get matched against people equal to my skill but somehow get paired with what appears low level teammates that are just now getting the game. I'd say this happens about 75% of the time and it was constantly annoying. No matter how hard 343 tried to fix this issue, it still kept happening. A final thing that forced me to quit was the toxicity coming from the big spartan companies that are still around in halo 5. I'll end up getting a message calling me trash and wanting to 1v1 me. Obviously I don't reply but I felt like I've endured enough verbal harassment to ultimately throw my copy of Halo 5 in the trash. i feel like there isn't enough players in halo 5 who are respectable but that just my experiences. I'll go into other games and find that their community is much more friendly to one another.
eviltedi wrote:
I am sorry, but it is annoying when I see someone say that the REQ system was essentially "pay-to-win". How is it pay to win? While it is true that a person who spends money does have a chance to have more/better REQs than someone grinding REQ packs....and having those REQs could improve one's chances at winning, it's doesn't solidify a victory.
Except the fact is Warzone is "pay to win", in fact in some cases it actually does. I've seen teams get destroyed by wasps because the other team couldn't counter since they didn't have the right weapons/vehicles that could counter them but regardless of if it's minor/major....it's still pay to win. It's part of the reason why I'm not fund of H5 plus it's clear that they wanted people to invest more money into Warzone because BTB was nowhere to be seen at launch, they didn't have plans until the community complained about it.
In short, the game was and still is trash to me. There are so many things wrong with this game and I simply had enough. I stopped playing Halo 5 about a year or more ago.

The one thing I can give this game is that its match quality in terms of connection is more consistent than its competitors, at least when I last played. Don't know if that's still the case. But it in terms of content, gameplay, ranked matches... none of it is of quality. Not to mention the community is just as toxic as anywhere else.

I downloaded Halo Online a few days ago and it is the most fun I've had playing Halo in that gap of time that I stopped playing Halo 5. It's not truly Halo 3, but it's close enough for me to play it and genuinely have fun. I don't want to give up on Halo, but 343 is giving me so many reasons to do so. I'm hoping MCC will be the title it was meant to be for other fans' sake (I've practically given up on Xbox), but I'm surely not holding my breath.
first , i was loving to play FFA , but now AR is so bad i can'T do anything.. and smg is bad , i was liking to take it when it was good.. so i lost interest in FFA..

second reason, they remove team sniper the only mode i was playing in last season..

to be honest, i was about to leave for good yesterday night.. but finally i played 2 game of swat and i get good result.. it give me interest to play it , but im ready close to leave for good.
Alaires wrote:
I left Halo 5 after playing it nonstop for about a year and half give or take. I still comeback to it every now and then only to play with friends but the reason why I kept playing was because I kept looking forward to the free content they would add but was immediately let down by the overtime update. I found it stupid that 343 decides to tune the weapons this late after about a 2 years of it's release. Another thing that got upsetting to me was warzone. I enjoyed it around the beginning before farming, quick core, etc. but when Achilles was revealed, warzone became nothing but stress to me. Having to carry my teammates was just bad for my health because I would attempt to make a move but get held back regardless. Same deal applies in arena. I get matched against people equal to my skill but somehow get paired with what appears low level teammates that are just now getting the game. I'd say this happens about 75% of the time and it was constantly annoying. No matter how hard 343 tried to fix this issue, it still kept happening. A final thing that forced me to quit was the toxicity coming from the big spartan companies that are still around in halo 5. I'll end up getting a message calling me trash and wanting to 1v1 me. Obviously I don't reply but I felt like I've endured enough verbal harassment to ultimately throw my copy of Halo 5 in the trash. i feel like there isn't enough players in halo 5 who are respectable but that just my experiences. I'll go into other games and find that their community is much more friendly to one another.
Yep I agree about the harassment, only whilst playing Halo have I ever received hateful messages and they have been really bad, dont miss those idiots...
Warzone is unbalnced, pay 2 win trash.

The PVP though is some the most fun I've had since Halo 2.
University and struggling to find a job. Game made me salty too often. Nuff said.
I enjoyed it for a very, very, very long time, since launch. I used to do ranked matches and be competitive, used to have a decent K/D ratio too. But after so long all shooters get boring, especially after content stops dropping from updates. People always complained (and still complain) about petty stuff like very minor weapons balancing and such, but I could care less as long as I'm having fun, which I usually have when playing Halo.
I've never once uninstalled it from the Xbox but am still disappointed in how much space it takes up. However it has lasted a lot longer than many other shooters do for me, like the original Titanfall, or Battlefield 1. This was mainly caused by the amazing forge community who created hundreds of new and fun maps and the fact that Halo 5 was one of the only games on Xbox that ALL of my real life friends had. I still play Halo 5 though, to an extent, just not as much as before as it's mainly limited to Custom Games and Arena every couple of weekends.
The server quality has dropped drastically. Games are very erratic and the laggy skipping and in consistent game play keeps people from coming back.
I quit mainly due to how plain and boring the game is now. The first year was very fun and refreshing and in year 2 i started halo 5 youtube which peaked up a lot into it and ever since year 3 I just don't play it anymore of how 343 are inconsistent and caring for the community and their choices...
Recently just had a few games to have fun with campaign achievements I hadn't unlocked at the time.

While it was mainly IRL stuff that made me play a lot less games in general, I just find that Halo 5 isn't as fun as other Halo games. My main problem is that it doesn't feel like Halo. Enhanced mobility, microtransactions, loot boxes... The multiplayer is too focused on competitive play. In the "end" I mostly played firefight because it was actually fun (but it got old fast).
The campaign has some good moments, but it mostly feels really linear, has repetitive "boss" fights, the story is a mess, the characters have little development... There's all the hype around the enhanced mobility and you can't walk 3 steps out of line without invisible barriers or kill barriers, which is even more frustrating because they introduced us to some really beautiful locations which could've been really cool to explore.

I hope the next Halo games get things right. I feel like Microsoft and 343 forgot their paths and their origins with Halo when they tried to broaden Halo's horizons to a larger audience for larger profits (like Halo 4's killstreaks, Halo 5's enhanced mobility, etc). They should learn from the Halo online mod situation and other fan made stuff like Installation 01. A large portion of the community wants classic Halo back, great single player experiences and stories once again, and mostly, fun gameplay. (Also split-screen)

I get that they as companies need to grow their profits and please investors and shareholders, etc... But when the soul of your work is gone... it's just not the same. Halo just feels like a shell now of what it was. It saddens me to say all of this, but it's what I currently feel about this franchise...
i would leave but where would I go? There are gaping holes in team matchmaking selection but the challenge (unrelated to team matchmaking selection) overall is SOOOO worth it. Sadly, not everyone will value that as much as me, settling into 2 categories, 1-they have always been good and win with minimum effort (subjective, I know), or 2-not good at first but need to devote time to improve. Group 2 is the majority but may or may not have the patience/stubborn persistence to keep grinding, learning map movements, strafing/abilities, octagon-ing, etc.
Burnt out mostly for me, but giving away the Voices of War req pack during the finals really set me off. If it wasn't for my SC friends I'd be done with the game till H6.
I left H5 mainly because of its campaign. The campaign didn't even follow where H4 left off! For once, H4 has a better campaign Than H5. Hell, EVERY OTHER Halo Game has a better campaign than H5!
first , i was loving to play FFA , but now AR is so bad i can'T do anything.. and smg is bad , i was liking to take it when it was good.. so i lost interest in FFA..

second reason, they remove team sniper the only mode i was playing in last season..

to be honest, i was about to leave for good yesterday night.. but finally i played 2 game of swat and i get good result.. it give me interest to play it , but im ready close to leave for good.
and its even worst than i think..

they remove storm rifle in truth and mercy.. its almost like HCS now..

like removing shotgun,rocket and all that was not enough..

im officially only play swat and im close to be bored ( mean i will leave for the season) ..

343 suck.
I ocassionally left for weeks for for personal problems
Overwatch has me completely hooked once again. So much more to do, and while I liked Halo 5 for the most part it felt like a chore to play in the end.

It was fun while it lasted, but it's just not exciting for me anymore. Either way, I think moving on was the right decision.
I like seeing what other people have to say about their departure on this so-called Halo game. I left for some reasons which being constant lag or lag switching players during matchmaking and custom games, toxic player community (worst than the other Halo game communities in my opinion). I feel like the weapons on Halo 5: Guardians are just unbalanced. I really dislike the micro transactions. Some matchmaking maps are just bad, and some of them were just lagging my game to the point I can't even shoot my gun in the direction I want to shoot lol. Trolling player base. T-bagging little -Yoinks!-. It is just a mess right now. And plus I put half a years work into this game (without playing other video games) trying to rank up to SR 152 (yeah I know, I had no life there in those months lol) and I myself doing that made the game boring I should say. Halo 5: Guardians is on the point of getting uninstalled (since it is eating up most of my storage on my Xbox HDD). I really enjoy playing PUBG or Overwatch. Halo 5: Guardians is a game I still play right now, but way, way less than I used to play.
The main reason was that I got burnt out with the game.

There were alternative reasons, like the fact that I would match up with nothing but teams in WZ, which killed a lot of my love for the game. Then I had the Achilles grind, which our company got, which meant that I was playing for about 3/4 hours a day, nothing massive, but still quite a substantial amount of time for someone like me.

Then I wanted to play other games. For 95% of the time in 2017, I played either Halo 5 or Gears 4. I've stopped playing those now and I've moved onto different games, those that I missed in 2017 and the games coming out this year, before one of the two has a sequel next year (probably Halo 6).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13