Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

"You only have three days. John."

OP HDHerrera

Im more intrested in how cortana is back and is a ghost like wut? How?
She must be alive somewhere
Do you mean the fight with the Ur-Didact over Installation 03 and the Composer's Abyss? If so, I doubt it. With the threat or losing a colony world, I highly doubt they will have had time to investigate the disappearance of Team Black and the group of scientists on Gamma Halo, as was their original objective before undertaking the mission.
Got mad as soon as the author mentioned how the Didact's monologue at the end of Halo 4 was alluding to the events in Halo 5 (would have copy/pasted but it's in all caps, probably because Reddit).

That monologue was from 100,000 years ago when the Didact was put on trial for trying to obliterate humanity, it wasn't from 2557 after the events of Halo 4. Get your crap straight, Reddit.
Yup. If Cortana can come back, so can someone else.
Got mad as soon as the author mentioned how the Didact's monologue at the end of Halo 4 was alluding to the events in Halo 5 (would have copy/pasted but it's in all caps, probably because Reddit).

That monologue was from 100,000 years ago when the Didact was put on trial for trying to obliterate humanity, it wasn't from 2557 after the events of Halo 4. Get your crap straight, Reddit.
343i has stated that there have been noted complications with the time frame of the Didact's speech. It's been addressed many times by the community that it can't happen in the past.
Right now, it seems to be in a kind of symbolic limbo. It's meaning and purpose is there, but the actual background of when it was said isn't necessarily solid.
Same way Cortana appeared to Chief in Halo 3.

Hallucinations, manifestations designed to target certain parts or feelings. This time it looks like it's the Domain creating it, rather than the Gravemind.
Doesn't mean Cortana is alive.
JSA343 wrote:

343i has stated that there have been noted complications with the time frame of the Didact's speech. It's been addressed many times by the community that it can't happen in the past.
Right now, it seems to be in a kind of symbolic limbo. It's meaning and purpose is there, but the actual background of when it was said isn't necessarily solid.
Frank O'Connor has said that it takes place during judicial proceedings held by the Forerunners. The controversy comes in because it doesn't really line up with the events in the books, but we know that it comes from the "ancient" times and not modern times, it's just exactly when that's in dispute.
JSA343 wrote:

Hallucinations, manifestations designed to target certain parts or feelings. This time it looks like it's the Domain creating it, rather than the Gravemind.
This.

also, she to a degree, isnt dead. But composed.
JSA343 wrote:

This.

also, she to a degree, isnt dead. But composed.
She is dead and not composed.
Cortana's dead. And if they bring her back (somehow) and not Noble Six, there's gonna be a lotta angry fanboys.
I previously assumed she imprinted on his brain. Like when you leave an old TV on the same channel for too long and it burns an image into the screen, except the screen is Chief's brain. After the E3 demo though, I assume it's the Domain using an image of Cortana to speak through.
:)