Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] You wanted competitive halo? You got it.

OP Lupinthrope

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 23
It's only been out 2 weeks, I think you have to give modern games a chance to adapt. Multiplayer improves over time now. I am enjoying Halo 5 at the minute and I am looking forward to more maps and gamemodes in due course. Unfortunately that is the way of modern gaming, you get a launch package and then it is adapted and grown. I just hope they don't try and bleed too much money from the community, hopefully none at all.
I'm having plenty of fun, but I think the following changes should be made

Team Arena: team slayer should be removed and replaced by team oddball, breakout should be removed and replaced by KOTH. team slayer has its own mode, and if you play CTF and want to do slayer instead, quit and switch playlists. This game mode should be entirely objective based, no slayer present.
Team Slayer: stays as is, more maps etc.
FFA: maybe 6 players instead of 8...spawns need work, just feels like a nightmare.
SWAT: needs DMR pickups, better spawns and perhaps a spawn time delay of a few seconds.

And an unranked team action sack playlist for the casuals or whatever.
Agreed
Same here
Bored? When did gamers became so cynical and hard to please?
Bored? When did gamers became so cynical and hard to please?
When the gaming industry became stagnant.
Not at all, these game modes are simply amazing and clean! No other game is bringing the unique design of competetive multiplayer like the halo community! I'm speaking on behalf of CODBO3 witch is a trash game if you ask me, it's literally Titanfall , Destiny, Some Halo and of course their own mix of advanced warfare, sad that a game company like that makes 545Million in its launch just by stealing other gaming platforms creativity! So no I'm not bored of halo because it's simply it's own unique game! So much to do and so much to unlock, I highly doubt you've unlocked more than 50 helmets or visors or even body armor so fast so you can become completely bored! Good luck and cheers! Just stating my opinion and some heavy duty facts!
I find it funny how you compare Titanfall and destiny to this piece of trash ....... The story is four hours long!!! It's the same dam thing over and over in slayer , it's limited customization and limited features Are sold as a full game what the heck you talking about dude get your nose out of 343 bung hole
although gameplay is better thn destiny and titanfall i do agree that we as a halo community should want and demand better and stop giving this game praise as if it is a masterpiece which it is not due to things you mentioned lack of customization, modes, map voting, forge, btb, etc, pve mode, better unlocking system no req, and no microtransactions. reviewers are giving this game praise and praising warzone like its the second coming of christ. lets have 343 put out a even better halo game next time with halo 6 that appeals to every halo fan from halo1 to halo 4 yes halo 4 has a fanbase too and are apart of halo community now stop treating yah brothers like outsiders like they dnt belong but yea. 343 get everything right at launch of halo 6 and have a game be good enough to be played offline cuz halo 5 is too online focused and that wont bring a lot of people into game. so guys its ok to point out flaws and be critical of your favorite game fanchise and not want it to die it will only make game better for every1.
The game sucks plain and simple back to metal gear solid phantom pain ....That is a perfect game
I do agree that 343 should focus on the general Halo players, but the Halo 5 multiplayer is a lot of fun. Now it does have a learning curve. It really does. I'm just now starting to feel comfortable with it. New control scheme, bit different feel when it comes to aiming, new maps, new pistol, Warzone strategies, etc. But it still feels like Halo. And it's a lot of fun. I'm not tired of it. I'm actually starting to like the REQ system. The pistol is great. The Arena is competitive and fair. Warzone is interesting and fun. The new Spartan moves/abilities are awesome. I think my biggest complaint so far with multiplayer would be there needs to be new maps and big team battle.
The game sucks plain and simple back to metal gear solid phantom pain ....That is a perfect game
OH YES. TO MOTHER BASE AWWAAAAYYY!!
The game is good and I have a plenty of fun. I don't know why so many complaining about the multiplayer.
DreadGrunt wrote:
deVerdeler wrote:
DreadGrunt wrote:
But I didn't want competitive Halo.
Halo was always competetive... except for halo 4
Probably why I had a lot of fun with H4 apart from the broken map rotation that made me quit the game early on. I want a casual Halo experience. Things like PvE, Forge, good custom games etc etc. I've sadly already moved on from H5 for the most part because there's almost no content there to keep people like me playing. I already have a CoD team I grind several hours a day with so I get my competitive fill there.
Yeah you can do Destiny or COD indeed for some casual PvP.... but i think they will come with some casual playlistst for h5... dont worry.
Do not post discriminatory comments.

Spoiler:
Show
No. Its really competitive so I can't get bored. If I get bored (which I won't) Then I'll just die in game.
Funny how Competitive players got a lot of "if you want Halo 3 go play it" and "You have the MCC for that" for wanting a Halo where skill beats random.

Does that make it ok for me to say 'If you want casual Halo, go play Halo 4'? or even 'You have Warzone for that'?

Here's the truth. Competitive players wanted the base gameplay and balance to be competitive and to have a ranking system that accentuated that. No one asked for no social playlists. That is not their fault, it is the developers' fault.
This game is only competitive because it feels like there is no aim assist and the AR melts you in seconds.
I'm a casual player and personally I still like the game sure it lacks quite a bit but we'lol have that soon enough. It's a good competitive game.
Richnj wrote:
Funny how Competitive players got a lot of "if you want Halo 3 go play it" and "You have the MCC for that" for wanting a Halo where skill beats random.

Does that make it ok for me to say 'If you want casual Halo, go play Halo 4'? or even 'You have Warzone for that'?

Here's the truth. Competitive players wanted the base gameplay and balance to be competitive and to have a ranking system that accentuated that. No one asked for no social playlists. That is not their fault, it is the developers' fault.
Bingo.
I do agree that 343 should focus on the general Halo players, but the Halo 5 multiplayer is a lot of fun. Now it does have a learning curve. It really does. I'm just now starting to feel comfortable with it. New control scheme, bit different feel when it comes to aiming, new maps, new pistol, Warzone strategies, etc. But it still feels like Halo. And it's a lot of fun. I'm not tired of it. I'm actually starting to like the REQ system. The pistol is great. The Arena is competitive and fair. Warzone is interesting and fun. The new Spartan moves/abilities are awesome. I think my biggest complaint so far with multiplayer would be there needs to be new maps and big team battle.
Agreed
I've already put in a full 1 and 1/4 days into Halo 5's multiplayer, so I'm going to go ahead and say no.
I think I've only played it for about a full 7 days 😂
NO! HALO 5 or fallout 4 if you'd prefer
Game seems just fine to me. Competitive ppl especially teams are fun to go up against and get alot of kills. Not bored yet at all
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 23