[Locked] Your Favorite Game (H5) Sucks

OP BurnoutShoes

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
Edit: A week in and I I have changed my tune. Thanks to those that were positive.

I am very disappointed. Actually 10 hours in and I really HATE it. I mean like actually DESPISE it. This game doesn't even resemble fun and it's not close. I'm not saying it's a poorly designed game, I'm just saying it isn't fun to play right now. I am trying hard to like H5 like I have loved all the other Halo games. But I am just not having fun at all. Yes, I suck so enjoy pointing out my paltry k/d spread, but that has never been a problem before in Halo games.

I like games where I feel like the character I control is powerful. All the Spartans feel really weak, especially on legendary. You just have to slog through. We were dying to grunts and dogs, so it was cower back as far as you can and hope to pick one off and move up slightly. That is the only viable strategy, which is fine but it's not all that fun. It's just not fun when the enemies are 100x more powerful than you. I guess I could play an easier difficulty, but there is literally no incentive to.

Multiplayer is not better. It's either 4 v 4 or 12 v 12. It's either too small, or too big, and nothing in the middle. The TTK is either way too long or way too short, it never finds a fair balance. I hate warzone, I have always hated SWAT and FFA, and I am not even going to try Breakout because I would be watching way more than playing. There is nothing else. Nothing. The "robust" multiplayer is a load of crap. There are like 5 modes and they all suck for one reason or another.

The REQ system is not good either. All I get are Mongoose and Needlers which do nothing when the opponent has a fuckign tank. Someone with a higher level is always going to have an advantage and guess what, you can essentially BUY more levels with cash. I guess it's kind of cool to have so many helmets and armor and gun skins, but that's the problem. There are so many, none of them feel special like a raid helmet or recond from halo 3. Then it's just cards and waiting to level up. Again, just not fun.

The grenades are out of control, and I know grenades are a huge part of Halo, but they are 90% of the game on smaller maps. I managed to kill someone and they literally dropped SIX grenades. I mean why even have a gun at that point? You can't hide at all after you take damage (not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to recharge shields) because of hail of 12 grenades coming down on you. I like having 1 grenade every 45 seconds like in Destiny. And there are only 3 kinds of grenades. Not fun.

No co-op modes beyond campaign really sucks, too. I know this has been widely discussed, but I am not a consumer of video game media, Maybe if I could have fun shooting aliens with my friends I would enjoy it. But the campaign isn't good enough, long enough or incentivized enough to make me want to play it more than once (and I really don't even want to do that). The 1 min cool down on respawn in campaign sucks and that is literally the ONLY PVE. There were several times I respawned unfairly after waiting a minute and literally spent 2-3 minutes dead without getting to even fire my weapon. It is literally not fun.

I was so hyped for Halo 5, but 2 days in and I am feeling awful about it. I know I am not good, bad in fact, but I have sucked at plenty of games and had tons of fun sucking. This isn't fun.

I would love for someone to tell me what I am missing.

TL;DR Your favorite game sucks.
Hater. Love this game.
Tl;Dr stopped reading at destiny is better.
So, um......yeah......play another game......
That's ironic considering how bad Destiny is.
Spoiler:
Show
People complained about destiny because it wasn't what they kept promising. They hid the fact that they changed the story, broke the game up , sold a piece of crap and locked content that was supposed to be in the original game and then sold it later on.

$60 to over $100 and even over $300 for people who bought the ps4 for vanilla destiny, $20 for wolves and dark below, $40 for ttk if you had both dlcs, $60 if you had one dlc or none at all so they forced you to rebuy content and they removed content from you if you didn't buy ttk, $80 for ttk ce, over $300 for ttk ps4, they treated ttk as a new game but it had less content than vanilla destiny and now they have microtransactions. How money hungry that company is now.

On to halo I don't have favorites I only have ones I hate and ones I play the most. For the one I hate it has to be 3, 3s story was good but multiplayer na too boring and slow. I dislikes 4. My most played is reach
grenades definitely arent the problem. halo 2 you were able to carry 8 total and it did not affect the gameplay in the slightest. if anything having more grenades is better.
L3ntPuma wrote:
That's ironic considering how bad Destiny is.
Spoiler:
Show

I'm wondering how you can say that with evidence. There just isn't any. H5 has 5 game modes and no PVP. There aren't nearly the same number of weapons, maps, grenades, modes, tuning, events, PVE. There just is no evidence.
So, um......yeah......play another game......
Good advise and I totally will once I feel like I got my $60 worth. Which I am not sure is possible. This thing is total crap, so for the 1 week I force myself to play this pathetic excuse for a Halo game, I am going to voice my opinion. Then I will be gone and you will still be deluded.
grenades definitely arent the problem. halo 2 you were able to carry 8 total and it did not affect the gameplay in the slightest. if anything having more grenades is better.
I think it's a problem when grenades are basically the meta on small maps.
I stopped reading at Destiny being better.

Comparing two different kinds of games here, and besides that, it just screams "Bungie Fanboy" on my end. I can't really take a biased opinion, that's being thrown as fact, seriously. Sorry.
People complained about destiny because it wasn't what they kept promising. They hid the fact that they changed the story, broke the game up , sold a piece of crap and locked content that was supposed to be in the original game and then sold it later on.

$60 to over $100 and even over $300 for people who bought the ps4 for vanilla destiny, $20 for wolves and dark below, $40 for ttk if you had both dlcs, $60 if you had one dlc or none at all so they forced you to rebuy content and they removed content from you if you didn't buy ttk, $80 for ttk ce, over $300 for ttk ps4, they treated ttk as a new game but it had less content than vanilla destiny and now they have microtransactions. How money hungry that company is now.

On to halo I don't have favorites I only have ones I hate and ones I play the most. For the one I hate it has to be 3, 3s story was good but multiplayer na too boring and slow. I dislikes 4. My most played is reach
Fair points. Reach was also my favorite. I don't care how much money a game costs if I get value from it. I am getting none from Halo 5 and have gotten 100s and 100s of hours in Destiny. Insane value. I don't think it's a perfect game but it's better than this. Even the UI is better with the stick working as a mouse. The d-pad method seems so dated and cumbersome.
"Everyone looks so different they all look the same"
Are you stupid or something?
I stopped reading at Destiny being better.

Comparing two different kinds of games here, and besides that, it just screams "Bungie Fanboy" on my end. I can't really take a biased opinion, that's being thrown as fact, seriously. Sorry.
I like Bungie, sure. Activision, not at all. Fan boy? Only for Arsenal Football Club. I am not saying what I believe is fact. I'm glad you like Halo 5, and I don't think it's a poorly made game, but I HATE it and because I spent money on it I am going to complain about how bad it is on this forum for one week then I will sell the game back and be done with it.
cjpinto wrote:
"Everyone looks so different they all look the same"
Are you stupid or something?
No, I am saying there is nothing special about having one helmet or another. Having a raid helmet in Destiny means something, in H5 it means you opened in a REQ pack you bought.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
lol

Destiny blows.
Ohhhh Pay attention to me! I hate this game! Wahhhh!
Bye!! have fun reading how much fun everyone else is having while you troll the forums.
I am totally whining, but I am not trolling. This is what I really think. I hope someone does pay attention to me enough to make this a good game. I love Halo, but this isn't it.
DreadGrunt wrote:
lol

Destiny blows.
I'd like to hear reasons why you think that and then see if your complaints apply to this piece of junk. I bet they would.
Why do trolls believe a long word count justifies trolling? Just report and move on people.
Again, I am not trolling. This is what I think of this game after 10 hours. It's terrible.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31