Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Your Favorite Game (H5) Sucks

OP BurnoutShoes

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. ...
  7. 31
Some opinions are just really worth keeping to yourself.
Some opinions are just really worth keeping to yourself.
I agree :)
I think Halo 4 was great with the exception of the poor connection. The load outs were pretty Balanced and vehicles were capable but not OP. TTK was spot on too. Halo Reach was good too except for the -Yoinking!- armor lock.
Halo 5 is amazing. I absolutely loved the storyline and multiplayer is kick A$$. Doesn't require you to be up the -Yoink- of the internet like Destiny. I had to google everything just to figure out how to get B.S. exotics so i could keep up with the top players. Halo keeps every player equal and skill gets you kills not better weapons. I haven't really played destiny since Halo 5's release
Welcome to Halo, like it, lump it and cozy up to H5.
Halo 5 is just bad, period. The campaign is basically the same thing x15. Had more fun with Halo 4. Maps leave little for the imagination.
yttriunn wrote:
H5 sucks. It's a cross between h4 and titan fall.343 is thumbing up posts of positive comments to make it seem like people like the game
Haha, I laughed so hard imagining that.
I enjoy it but not the best halo i actually enjoy halo 4 more then this and i thought halo 4 was trash but for me it's boring.. the thing i find bothering is the maps i feel like blue and red teams just get put on a map and just kill each other randomly with team work and don't have home bases to at least control if your teams is playing like -Yoink- but what the game has is really nice just the maps are so fkn horrible there's like 3 floors on every map.
I am also pretty disappointed with H5. They could have taken H3 or Halo Reach, replaced campaign and MP maps, and had a much better game.

REQ system seemed cool at first, but it has been obviously tuned to require purchasing REQ pack to get the same experience you got default with Halo : Combat Evolved. I have been playing since launch, 20+ hours and have got one scorpion card. So it seems i have to play for weeks or spend lots of cash to get vehicles.

For good measure, they decided to leave out classic playlists like BTB. It must be hard to charge people $$ for a tank in one playlist, when you can get it for free in another. I read an article about BigTeam Battle, and the developer stated it was 'non-trivial' to implement the playlist. I am a programmer, and when you are producing the Single largest IP / Franchise that M$ owns, EVERYTHING should be trivial.
I didn't even read the destiny is better part lol
I am very disappointed. Actually 10 hours in and I really HATE it. I mean like actually DESPISE it. This game doesn't even resemble fun and it's not close. I'm not saying it's a poorly designed game, I'm just saying it isn't fun to play right now. I am trying hard to like H5 like I have loved all the other Halo games. But I am just not having fun at all. Yes, I suck so enjoy pointing out my paltry k/d spread, but that has never been a problem before in Halo games.

I like games where I feel like the character I control is powerful. All the Spartans feel really weak, especially on legendary. You just have to slog through. We were dying to grunts and dogs, so it was cower back as far as you can and hope to pick one off and move up slightly. That is the only viable strategy, which is fine but it's not all that fun. It's just not fun when the enemies are 100x more powerful than you. I guess I could play an easier difficulty, but there is literally no incentive to.

Multiplayer is not better. It's either 4 v 4 or 12 v 12. It's either too small, or too big, and nothing in the middle. The TTK is either way too long or way too short, it never finds a fair balance. I hate warzone, I have always hated SWAT and FFA, and I am not even going to try Breakout because I would be watching way more than playing. There is nothing else. Nothing. The "robust" multiplayer is a load of crap. There are like 5 modes and they all suck for one reason or another.

The REQ system is not good either. All I get are Mongoose and Needlers which do nothing when the opponent has a fuckign tank. Someone with a higher level is always going to have an advantage and guess what, you can essentially BUY more levels with cash. I guess it's kind of cool to have so many helmets and armor and gun skins, but that's the problem. There are so many, none of them feel special like a raid helmet or recond from halo 3. Then it's just cards and waiting to level up. Again, just not fun.

The grenades are out of control, and I know grenades are a huge part of Halo, but they are 90% of the game on smaller maps. I managed to kill someone and they literally dropped SIX grenades. I mean why even have a gun at that point? You can't hide at all after you take damage (not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to recharge shields) because of hail of 12 grenades coming down on you. I like having 1 grenade every 45 seconds like in Destiny. And there are only 3 kinds of grenades. Not fun.

No co-op modes beyond campaign really sucks, too. I know this has been widely discussed, but I am not a consumer of video game media, Maybe if I could have fun shooting aliens with my friends I would enjoy it. But the campaign isn't good enough, long enough or incentivized enough to make me want to play it more than once (and I really don't even want to do that). The 1 min cool down on respawn in campaign sucks and that is literally the ONLY PVE. There were several times I respawned unfairly after waiting a minute and literally spent 2-3 minutes dead without getting to even fire my weapon. It is literally not fun.

I was so hyped for Halo 5, but 2 days in and I am feeling awful about it. I know I am not good, bad in fact, but I have sucked at plenty of games and had tons of fun sucking. This isn't fun.

I would love for someone to tell me what I am missing.

TL;DR Your favorite game sucks.
If you enjoyed 4 then what's the difference here? (Just asking not trying to start something xD)
Offsprey wrote:
REQ system seemed cool at first, but it has been obviously tuned to require purchasing REQ pack to get the same experience you got default with Halo : Combat Evolved. I have been playing since launch, 20+ hours and have got one scorpion card. So it seems i have to play for weeks or spend lots of cash to get vehicles.
The Halo Gods and RNGsus frown upon you. I've accumulated around 50-60 scorpions through out my time that I have simply sold. You're opening silver or gold, right?
The "Spartans feel weak in legendary" comment... wow.
Halo 5 is flawed. But, if it isn't for you, jump over to CoD or battlefront.
Or, go back to Destiny?
So after a week of playing, my opinion has changed. I am having a ton more fun in this game. It has issues and a ton of room to improve, but the overall experience is much better than my initial impressions. Thanks to those that were encouraging.

AND I am dangerously close to a .9 k/d now, so watch the -Yoink- out gold tier, I was promoted last night.
FL Crysis wrote:
Destiny is just better and it's not close.I like games where I feel like the character I control is powerful. All the Spartans feel really weak, especially on legendary, and there is no way to power them up. You just have to slog through. We were dying to grunts and dogs, so it was cower back as far as you can and hope to pick one off and move up slightly. It's just not fun when the enemies are 100x more powerful than you. I guess I could play an easier difficulty, but there is literally no incentive to.

Multiplayer is not better. It's either 4 v 4 or 12 v 12. It's either too small, or too big, and nothing in the middle. The TTK is either way too long or way too short, it never finds a fair balance. I hate warzone, I have always hated SWAT and FFA, and I am not even going to try Breakout because I would be watching way more than playing. There is nothing else. Nothing. The "robust" multiplayer is a load of crap. There are like 5 modes and they all suck for one reason or another.

The REQ system is not good either. All I get are Mongoose and Needlers which do nothing when the opponent has a fuckign tank. Someone with a higher level is always going to have an advantage and guess what, you can essentially BUY more levels with cash. I guess it's kind of cool to have so many helmets and armor and gun skins, but that's the problem. There are so many, none of them feel special. Everyone looks so different they look the same. Then it's just cards and waiting to level up. Again, just not fun.

The grenades are out of control, and I know grenades are a huge part of Halo, but they are 90% of the game on smaller maps. I managed to kill someone and they literally dropped SIX grenades. I mean why even have a gun at that point? You can't hide at all after you take damage (not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to recharge shields) because of hail of 12 grenades coming down on you. I like having 1 grenade every 45 seconds like in Destiny. And there are only 3 kinds of grenades. Not fun.

No co-op modes beyond campaign really sucks, too. Maybe if I could have fun shooting aliens with my friends I would enjoy it. But the campaign isn't good enough, long enough or incentivized enough to make me want to play it more than once (and I really don't even want to do that). The 1 min cool down on respawn in campaign sucks and that is literally the ONLY PVE. There were several times I respawned unfairly after waiting a minute and literally spent 2-3 minutes dead without getting to even fire my weapon. It is literally not fun.

I was so hyped for Halo 5, but 2 days in and I am missing Destiny. It's far from a perfect game, but at least it has options and is fun to play. This is just frustration upon frustration and I don't see myself playing much longer. People complain about $40 for TTK but this is the worst $60 I have ever spent. I feel completely ripped off. I literally don't know if I can find the strength to put that crappy game back in the drive. It is truly awful. Make it a fun game and I will play.

I would love for someone to tell me what I am missing.

TL;DR Your favorite game sucks.
Time to dissect your post.
  1. You say you want to feel like you are controlling a powerful character and then you start referencing Destiny. My maxed out 305 light character does not feel powerful at all because when you start up an Earth Patrol Lvl 2 mobs can kill you very quick. So your argument is invalid if you are trying to portray that your Destiny character is powerful, which is not the truth.
  2. TTK was the fastest in H:CE and no other Halo comes close. The Legendary campaign you die much faster than any other Halo because you can now be revived instead of getting to a safe area to spawn. Destiny TTK's are insanely fast in Crucible, Nightfall, and other modes. I guess you don't like Destiny's TTK either.
  3. REQ system is similar to Destiny loot table. It is 100% RNG. I don't feel special with my Destiny Armor because everyone looks the same and it was not earned, I randomly received the loot because of RNG from an engram, strike, and/or raid.
  4. Even though Destiny has 1 grenade which goes on cool down, you also spawn with a shotgun, sniper, or fusion rifle which are 1 shot kill weapons, that come with at least 7 bullets. You don't spawn with a 1sk weapon in H5.
  5. I'm sorry, but if you purchase Halo relying on the PVE portion of the game to last you a long time, you made a bad purchase. 343 failed miserably with their PVE (Spartan-Ops) and probably wanted to focus solely on their campaign and multiplayer to make up for the H4 multiplayer.
  6. People are not complaining about $40 of TTK, they are complaining that they have paid at least $140 for a game that has not changed much. The story is still missing, you are still grinding missions, strikes, and raids. I felt completely ripped off spending $60 on Vanilla Destiny. It took Destiny a long time to correct issues that people have been asking for
This, and people really need to realize the Spartan now IS a badass, and they have to learn how to use those 6 grenades with parkouring, thrusting, and tackling Spartans coming at them. Why are people -Yoinking!- about a fantastic launch on a standard Halo game?
L3ntPuma wrote:
That's ironic considering how bad Destiny is.
Spoiler:
Show

Bungie want money due to the dlc campaigns & silver for character emotes are expensive that's y it's bad
L3ntPuma wrote:
That's ironic considering how bad Destiny is.
Spoiler:
Show

This is Bungie Expression after the black garden (destiny credits) "buy the other 3 campaigns for $250 bucks"
Leave then... No one will miss you
I completely and utterly despise halo 5, mostly because of the multiplayer. The campaign is okay but by no means can it carry this piece of crap. Regurgitated guns with no real new additions, multiplayer maps that are boring or cramped to play, graphics which look worse than halo 4 and controls which feel last gen. I loved halo 3, reach was good and halo 4 kept me playing. This has no longevity whatsoever. Trash gaming.
hahahaha you're mad.

Nerd
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. ...
  7. 31