4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 31
Pekzzz wrote:
L3ntPuma wrote:
That's ironic considering how bad Destiny is.
Spoiler:
Show

I'm wondering how you can say that with evidence. There just isn't any. H5 has 5 game modes and no PVP. There aren't nearly the same number of weapons, maps, grenades, modes, tuning, events, PVE. There just is no evidence.
Pretty sure every game mode that isn't campaign is PvP?
Read that back and there is a mistake. it should say there is no PvE besides campaign for which there is no incentive to play past the first time.
Urloch wrote:
Pekzzz wrote:
L3ntPuma wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

I'm wondering how you can say that with evidence. There just isn't any. H5 has 5 game modes and no PVP. There aren't nearly the same number of weapons, maps, grenades, modes, tuning, events, PVE. There just is no evidence.
It quickly turns into PvE for those guys who have trouble with the P part ...
Seems like the majority of complaints so far. "I'm bad at this game so it sucks".
L3ntPuma wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

So, um......yeah......play another game......
Good advise and I totally will once I feel like I got my $60 worth. Which I am not sure is possible. This thing is total crap, so for the 1 week I force myself to play this pathetic excuse for a Halo game, I am going to voice my opinion. Then I will be gone and you will still be deluded.
Take you hate with you when you leave. have fun playing the same exact thing on destiny. Over. And over. And over again.
There are 15 missions and 3 warzone maps ad in my short time playing arena, only 4-5 maps there. How is that not the same thing over and over?
I have to disagree with you on everything.
Pekzzz wrote:
L3ntPuma wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

Read that back and there is a mistake. it should say there is no PvE besides campaign for which there is no incentive to play past the first time.
This is Halo. There has never been an MMO side to it. Destiny is an entirely different genre of game. If you want PvE go play Destiny. Here, in these forums, is where men reside. Men who are good at games without handicaps like Thorn for PvP.
Pekzzz wrote:
L3ntPuma wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

You clearly purchased the wrong game if you were looking for an in depth PvE experience. This is like buying a motorbike and expecting it to have 4 wheels.

You can't blame anyone but yourself for not researching the game enough before spending your money.
The mistake I made is making any comparison to Destiny. That is all people latch on to. If I had left the comparison out my complaints would still say the same. But people stopped reading at Destiny because they are blinded by it.

It sucks because if you could go look through posts to see how much I defended Reach and H4 it would show that I am not just a hater.
lol "Destiny is better" LMFAO! Bungie has made MILLIONS of players addicted to Destiny and all those players are willing to defend that piece of crap till the end.
The mistake I made is making any comparison to Destiny. That is all people latch on to. If I had left the comparison out my complaints would still say the same. But people stopped reading at Destiny because they are blinded by it.

It sucks because if you could go look through posts to see how much I defended Reach and H4 it would show that I am not just a hater.
I don't even need to use your comparison to Destiny when you're whining about no PvE. I can just flat out use the fact that you want PvE in Halo.
Pekzzz wrote:

I don't even need to use your comparison to Destiny when you're whining about no PvE. I can just flat out use the fact that you want PvE in Halo.
this
I am very disappointed. Actually 10 hours in and I really HATE it. I mean like actually DESPISE it. This game doesn't even resemble fun and it's not close. I'm not saying it's a poorly designed game, I'm just saying it isn't fun to play. I am trying hard to like H5 like I have loved all the other Halo games. But I am just not having fun at all. Yes, I suck so enjoy pointing out my paltry k/d spread, but that has never been a problem before in Halo games.

Destiny is just better and it's not close.I like games where I feel like the character I control is powerful. All the Spartans feel really weak, especially on legendary, and there is no way to power them up. You just have to slog through. We were dying to grunts and dogs, so it was cower back as far as you can and hope to pick one off and move up slightly. It's just not fun when the enemies are 100x more powerful than you. I guess I could play an easier difficulty, but there is literally no incentive to.

Multiplayer is not better. It's either 4 v 4 or 12 v 12. It's either too small, or too big, and nothing in the middle. The TTK is either way too long or way too short, it never finds a fair balance. I hate warzone, I have always hated SWAT and FFA, and I am not even going to try Breakout because I would be watching way more than playing. There is nothing else. Nothing. The "robust" multiplayer is a load of crap. There are like 5 modes and they all suck for one reason or another.

The REQ system is not good either. All I get are Mongoose and Needlers which do nothing when the opponent has a fuckign tank. Someone with a higher level is always going to have an advantage and guess what, you can essentially BUY more levels with cash. I guess it's kind of cool to have so many helmets and armor and gun skins, but that's the problem. There are so many, none of them feel special. Everyone looks so different they look the same. Then it's just cards and waiting to level up. Again, just not fun.

The grenades are out of control, and I know grenades are a huge part of Halo, but they are 90% of the game on smaller maps. I managed to kill someone and they literally dropped SIX grenades. I mean why even have a gun at that point? You can't hide at all after you take damage (not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to recharge shields) because of hail of 12 grenades coming down on you. I like having 1 grenade every 45 seconds like in Destiny. And there are only 3 kinds of grenades. Not fun.

No co-op modes beyond campaign really sucks, too. Maybe if I could have fun shooting aliens with my friends I would enjoy it. But the campaign isn't good enough, long enough or incentivized enough to make me want to play it more than once (and I really don't even want to do that). The 1 min cool down on respawn in campaign sucks and that is literally the ONLY PVE. There were several times I respawned unfairly after waiting a minute and literally spent 2-3 minutes dead without getting to even fire my weapon. It is literally not fun.

I was so hyped for Halo 5, but 2 days in and I am missing Destiny. It's far from a perfect game, but at least it has options and is fun to play. This is just frustration upon frustration and I don't see myself playing much longer. People complain about $40 for TTK but this is the worst $60 I have ever spent. I feel completely ripped off. I literally don't know if I can find the strength to put that crappy game back in the drive. It is truly awful. Make it a fun game and I will play.

I would love for someone to tell me what I am missing.

TL;DR Your favorite game sucks.
Not gonna tell you that your opinion is stupid or something, obviously, its just not necessarily your game. But you telling us that the game sucks because YOU don't like it is disrespectful and unfair. Plenty of people like it just fine. Don't be a jerk
Urloch wrote:
Pekzzz wrote:
L3ntPuma wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

You clearly purchased the wrong game if you were looking for an in depth PvE experience. This is like buying a motorbike and expecting it to have 4 wheels.

You can't blame anyone but yourself for not researching the game enough before spending your money.
You're right, even if you were trying to be a condescending -Yoink-. I figured putting in 1000s of hours on the other Halo games was enough, but perhaps not. I questioned whether I should buy when I found out the game lacked anything resembling variety, but I was blinded by my own loyalty to the Halo brand.
I always wonder why people who hate games come to the forum to tell us they hate the game.

If you don't like it, quit playing it.

If you think there could be improvements, offer constructive ideas.

Otherwise, in all honesty, nobody cares.
Urloch wrote:
Pekzzz wrote:

this
Firefight in Reach was a ton of fun. Competitive PvE is great.
Urloch wrote:
Pekzzz wrote:

this
Firefight in Reach was a ton of fun. Competitive PvE is great.
And Warzone is a spin on that. Its competitive PVE-PVP. If you want to go fight bosses and get phat lewt please go back to Destiny as this game is probably not for you.
I always wonder why people who hate games come to the forum to tell us they hate the game.

If you don't like it, quit playing it.

If you think there could be improvements, offer constructive ideas.

Otherwise, in all honesty, nobody cares.
Because developers monitor feedback, son. Destiny changed because people expressed displeasure on forums. That is what i am doing (and arguing with children).
I'm only on mission 3 so far the gameplay seems fun, i don't know much of the story line but the multiplayer is enjoyable.
I would love for someone to tell me what I am missing.
A tissue.
I thought Halo 5 was going to be better than Destiny, and I got so bored with destiny I thought Halo was going to refresh me but it hasn't yet. I'm going to play a few more times and see if it really is worth playing.
I actually really like the game and want to play it for hours. It has it's flaws but, its still pretty good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 31