3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
I'm inclined to agree with the OP.

People are too quick to blame ANYTHING other than themselves. Yes yes we can all post screenshots of us going 20 and 5 while a teammate went 3 and 15 or whatever but guess what? -Yoink- happens, deal with it, I'll guarantee we've all had games where we were the weak link.

I have a friend who would achieve onyx every season in team arena a lot quicker than he does at the moment if he ran it solo because he is held back when his friends join him. so, no, having a team of four is not always an out and out advantage.

The people who complain that they can't achieve the rank they think they deserve due to matchmaking, ranking systems, teammates, wrong choice of deity etc are probably the same people who will complain when they achieve supposed deserved rank that the games are too hard and full of sweaty try hards or are facing champions.

I'm not saying this style of ranking is better than 1-50 system And I'm also not saying party restrictions should not apply but I am saying to stop making excuses, you are not facing teams of four every game unless you are high onyx and even then I doubt all these anecdotal experiences. Any four "randoms" can become a team for a game if just one person is calling out because it may encourage others to do so if the game is close but no one is going to plug their mic in to help out if the only person speaking is the french shower whos just complaining about his team mates or only speaks at the end to tell everyone how bad their teammates are.

TL;DR
-Yoink- happens. Deal with it.
What exactly is the point? Regardless of individual ability you could achieve a higher CSR by playing with a consistent team, employing good communication and developing chemistry within that team. This applies whether you are bronze or champ. If you're trying to say players frequently point fingers at others, make excuses and often fail to examine how they can improve their own game you would be correct.

Yes, you can hit onyx in any playlist while exclusively solo queued (some are easier to do so in though). I just don't see why it matters.
C0ldM0use wrote:
So what about having golds on my team when I'm versing onyx? Does that count?
Or when my team mates quit?
Or when my teamates betray me?
Or when I lose connection?

All that doesn't Count?

Get out out of here with your ego mate.
It's always somebody else's fault
Never said it wasn't my fault, was stating factors that DO effect it. Never said it was the only set of reasons.
But ALL of those have ALWAYS been factors.
I got to onyx solo and now every solo game I play I always go against onyx 2000s and higher. Matchmaking system is broken.
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
It's depends more of the team you play against, if you have a decent team and the other team is disorganized you probably win that game
GG.
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
easily huh? so either you suck or youre good...no in between? sound logic
Warfuntime wrote:
Yeah i found it kinda hard to get to platinum. I mean im no champion at this game but im no noob either. When you have someone on your team with say 5 kills and 25 deaths, that's kinda the reason the game is one sided. That and getting matched with diamond rank players
omarlotrc wrote:
I don't know man, you might've gotten pretty lucky with your teammates. It's very hard to get to Onyx if your teammates don't communicate, don't follow the objective, or just flat out suck. Even if you play your very best each game, you can still easily lose. Good job getting to Onyx solo though!
What this guy said. You need to understand that not everyone experiences the same situations.
It's not that hard to win in solo queue...... unless your the guy on the team playing above his/her skill level, dragging the team down.
Warfuntime wrote:
Yeah i found it kinda hard to get to platinum. I mean im no champion at this game but im no noob either. When you have someone on your team with say 5 kills and 25 deaths, that's kinda the reason the game is one sided. That and getting matched with diamond rank players
High Onyx/Champ solo queuing is different. Everyone knows what they're doing and they know how to watch their teammates backs. As well as not lone wolfing it around the map and screwing spawns up.
It's just more easy with good teammates
Quite the humble brag you've got going there. It's obviously not your first/main account, but that's neither here nor there for me. It's not like your smurfing to wreck Bronzes. I don't have any problem admitting someone is better at the game than me. I'm not Onyx because I'm just not good enough. Anyone who can get to Onyx solo queuing in Team Arena is very good at the game. If you're high Onyx that way you'd have no problem getting Champ with a communicating team of like skilled players.
Person didn't solo queu just checked their games found dozen or so where he was with the same people.
J Undead S wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
High Onyx/Champ solo queuing is different. Everyone knows what they're doing and they know how to watch their teammates backs. As well as not lone wolfing it around the map and screwing spawns up.
Not when people are new to the game, i always try to partner up with someone. Sometimes i get team members who suicide at the start of the match and then quit leaving us at a disadvantage
C0ldM0use wrote:
I'm inclined to agree with the OP.

People are too quick to blame ANYTHING other than themselves. Yes yes we can all post screenshots of us going 20 and 5 while a teammate went 3 and 15 or whatever but guess what? -Yoink- happens, deal with it, I'll guarantee we've all had games where we were the weak link.

I have a friend who would achieve onyx every season in team arena a lot quicker than he does at the moment if he ran it solo because he is held back when his friends join him. so, no, having a team of four is not always an out and out advantage.

The people who complain that they can't achieve the rank they think they deserve due to matchmaking, ranking systems, teammates, wrong choice of deity etc are probably the same people who will complain when they achieve supposed deserved rank that the games are too hard and full of sweaty try hards or are facing champions.

I'm not saying this style of ranking is better than 1-50 system And I'm also not saying party restrictions should not apply but I am saying to stop making excuses, you are not facing teams of four every game unless you are high onyx and even then I doubt all these anecdotal experiences. Any four "randoms" can become a team for a game if just one person is calling out because it may encourage others to do so if the game is close but no one is going to plug their mic in to help out if the only person speaking is the french shower whos just complaining about his team mates or only speaks at the end to tell everyone how bad their teammates are.

TL;DR
-Yoink- happens. Deal with it.
There's still plenty of solo queuing at higher onyx's :D But, most of us have a mic and are sweaty AF, so we communicate. There was a game a few months ago, where we wee a full team of randoms and beat a champ squad 50-24 because we all had mics. (It was Pegasus though, that happens a lot on it.)
Phaaze wrote:
Using yourself as the main example is the worst example you can give.

There are multiple reasons why people can't get to Onyx, their team being one of them.
agree 100%
Phaaze wrote:

There are multiple reasons why people can't get to Onyx, their team being one of them.
Agreed
Phaaze wrote:

agree 100%
Why does it matter that they used themselves as an example. You all use yourselves as examples of why it's impossible, and give over exaggerated examples of your teammates doing poorly and claim it happens every game.
I agree with you that Onyx is possible solo, since I've made it to Onyx in Swat before by myself. But I do think it's a lot easier to get higher ranks with a fireteam.
I don't know man, you might've gotten pretty lucky with your teammates. It's very hard to get to Onyx if your teammates don't communicate, don't follow the objective, or just flat out suck. Even if you play your very best each game, you can still easily lose. Good job getting to Onyx solo though!

Edit: I don't mean to stat flame, but are you playing on a smurf account? I've never seen a solo Onyx player in Team Arena who is Spartan rank 39. Your Gamerscore is also on the lower side, but if you are just really good at the game, more power to you.
especially with those JIP's. Those are KILLING my CSR
Warfuntime wrote:
but if you rank say, diamond in one season and you go 0-10 with like -8 KDA you still get platinum one. The CSR isn't based on overall skill, it's skill relative to last season. That's why those people who only play 10 games never improve. to get diamond, you actually have to play a lot of games....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9