Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Your Team isn't the reason you aren't onyx

OP TrulyColorful

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9
To be completely honest tho, being onyx in the ffa playlist means way more than onyx team arena.
Why's that?
Because you don't gotta rely on teammates to help you win, I myself don't play ffa but if you are onyx in ffa that means you can handle yourself and your win is because you beat everyone, if you lost in ffa that's entirely on you so there's no teammate to blame for "betraying" or stealing kills and stuff such as that, where in team arena, you gotta hope those randoms got the least bit of knowledge on how to pull the trigger. So if someone is in onyx ffa you know they wreck people.
To be completely honest tho, being onyx in the ffa playlist means way more than onyx team arena.
Why's that?
Because you don't gotta rely on teammates to help you win, I myself don't play ffa but if you are onyx in ffa that means yo Ivan handler yourself and your win is because you beat everyone, if you lost in ffa that's entirely on you so there's no teammate to blame for "betraying" or stealing kills and stuff such as that, where in team arena, you gotta hope those randoms got the least bit of knowledge on how to pull the trigger.
I'm onyx in Ffa. I'm usually High diamond in slayer when I play the playlist. Platinum in arena. Now that's just my playstyle. I'm a Ffa style player.

But it I think onyx in arena is a much harder rank to achieve than in Ffa.
I don't know man, you might've gotten pretty lucky with your teammates. It's very hard to get to Onyx if your teammates don't communicate, don't follow the objective, or just flat out suck. Even if you play your very best each game, you can still easily lose. Good job getting to Onyx solo though!

Edit: I don't mean to stat flame, but are you playing on a smurf account? I've never seen a solo Onyx player in Team Arena who is Spartan rank 39. Your Gamerscore is also on the lower side, but if you are just really good at the game, more power to you.
I have to agree. No matter how good you are, if you have two or three weak players and they dont have mics, it's almost impossible to rank up.
To be completely honest tho, being onyx in the ffa playlist means way more than onyx team arena.
Being Onyx in FFA means nothing, every moron can get Onyx in FFA, you go up as long as you don't come last.
C0ldM0use wrote:
C0ldM0use wrote:
So what about having golds on my team when I'm versing onyx? Does that count?
Or when my team mates quit?
Or when my teamates betray me?
Or when I lose connection?

All that doesn't Count?

Get out out of here with your ego mate.
It's always somebody else's fault
Never said it wasn't my fault, was stating factors that DO effect it. Never said it was the only set of reasons.
But ALL of those have ALWAYS been factors.
Then why did you say "it is always someone else's fault" implying I was shifting all the blame to those factors?
Let me clear all of this up for you guys.

Your FFA rank doesn't mean squat 9 times out of 10. It's very easy to reach onyx, even champion if you play enough to maintain a high csr.

Reaching onyx in arena is not that difficult either, even when you go in solo. You do however have to be somewhat skilled. You can't constantly be carried against high ranked people. So it comes down to if you aren't good enough to play and carry/support your other teammates, then you shouldn't be that rank anyway. Yes you can get crappy teammates that let you down but it doesn't happen EVERY game.

Same goes with slayer. But it is slightly easier.

The only playlist that is difficult to reach onyx in, in my opinion is doubles because you can literally play against a champion/onyx player while being a diamond and get matched with a bronze (this has happened to me several times). That's the only playlist that I think you can blame your teammates on but it's not their fault or yours it's the developers fault for letting it happen.
haha, I don't know what Onyx is.
You're a lucky guy, although I'll admit a small percentage has to do with skill.

Now can we end this thread, it's ridiculous. You're not super man, even a Pro who completely tackles the Team Arena season alone can only do so much. If you're blaming everyone for not being very high skilled or Pro, then that's just not going to make sense with the masses. Being a Solo dolo guy in any Team gametype will only work so much. You'll lose almost every time to a coordinated team just as good as you are individually, if you're lone wolfing it

If that team is just as good as you individually, then you better hope your teammates can hold their own. If you are winning those games, then kudos to you, but then you must know it's not because of you. It's because of the entire team.
1
Chief(343 & Halo fans)- “Sprint...is sprint what you wanted? Is this what you were looking for?

Typical Classic Fans- “plz god no!”

Chief- “Were all the forum complaints. All the ‘you lost me as a customer threats.’ Worth it? Was it!?” *laughs manically* 🤣
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
You're a lucky guy, although I'll admit a small percentage has to do with skill.

Now can we end this thread, it's ridiculous. You're not super man, even a Pro who completely tackles the Team Arena season alone can only do so much. If you're blaming everyone for not being very high skilled or Pro, then that's just not going to make sense with the masses. Being a Solo dolo guy in any Team gametype will only work so much. You'll lose almost every time to a coordinated team just as good as you are individually, if you're lone wolfing it

If that team is just as good as you individually, then you better hope your teammates can hold their own. If you are winning those games, then kudos to you, but then you must know it's not because of you. It's because of the entire team.
I'm not blaming them for not being high skilled or pro, it's fine to be platinum/gold/diamond. They just need to accept that they don't have what it takes currently and that it's not their team that's holding them back, it's their own abilities. This thread just made it clear that the majority of the Halo community is completely delusional.

@people who say I'm a smurf and I played in a party.
1. I've never played in a party except yesterday I played with 1 person from the spartan company I joined.
2. This is my only account, I've been playing on it since preseason and I was Onyx in preseason.
Warfuntime wrote:
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
easily huh? so either you suck or youre good...no in between? sound logic
Yeah i found it kinda hard to get to platinum. I mean im no champion at this game but im no noob either. When you have someone on your team with say 5 kills and 25 deaths, that's kinda the reason the game is one sided. That and getting matched with diamond rank players
but if you rank say, diamond in one season and you go 0-10 with like -8 KDA you still get platinum one. The CSR isn't based on overall skill, it's skill relative to last season. That's why those people who only play 10 games never improve. to get diamond, you actually have to play a lot of games....
I do play a lot of games, Slayer is the main game type i play on Halo 5. I've probably played at least 70 to 100 games this season maybe more. I don't have a team to play with, i go solo. I went on a major losing streak the other day, some games i didnt do so well in, other games my team mates would either quit or just not play properly. Plus I've played against smurf accounts and that isn't fun.
i went up against a platinum 4 guy in SWAT and he got 7 kills and 20 deaths.....
Thats what im saying, i get people like that on my team. While diamond players on the other team have like 13 kills and 2 deaths. It's not always the team members fault but when you almost always get paired with people like that, it doesn't help
They shouldn't place you based on whether you win or not, they should place you at your overall performance, like the top 4 from both teams advance, while the bottom 4 go down. Otherwise a noob can keep going up ranks if he/she gets good teammates.
I agree with you man, but unfortunately thats the matchmaking system for you. I've seen diamond players who have no kills and over 30 deaths. It's absolutely atrocious
Both the OP and the people supporting the "It is my teammates fault" arguement have some weight. Team playlists are at it's core based of how a collection of four players operates together (team play) with the overall victor being the more strategic and more polished with their executions of said tactics... Now I could always say search FFA for Onyx solo, but some people maybe more inclined with objectives and such, and so another way to go if your team mates are "bad" (maybe just inexperienced) is to search with a lower CSR player whilst search as a duo or more, this way you can be the overpowered player who rides the easy wins... having stated a "short cut" (which is used in the Warcraft MMO alot) at the high levels of diamond and low onyx (generally the team mates you would get) they should at this stage know how to operate basic fundamentals of gametypes on all HCS maps and sometimes the Slayer variants.

TL;DR
1. Search FFA
2. Search team playlists with a lower CSR player or more (this could actually teach them how to play as well)
3. Search team playlists solo as your team mates should be expected to know when to push and when not to...
Warfuntime wrote:
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
easily huh? so either you suck or youre good...no in between? sound logic
Yeah i found it kinda hard to get to platinum. I mean im no champion at this game but im no noob either. When you have someone on your team with say 5 kills and 25 deaths, that's kinda the reason the game is one sided. That and getting matched with diamond rank players
but if you rank say, diamond in one season and you go 0-10 with like -8 KDA you still get platinum one. The CSR isn't based on overall skill, it's skill relative to last season. That's why those people who only play 10 games never improve. to get diamond, you actually have to play a lot of games....
I do play a lot of games, Slayer is the main game type i play on Halo 5. I've probably played at least 70 to 100 games this season maybe more. I don't have a team to play with, i go solo. I went on a major losing streak the other day, some games i didnt do so well in, other games my team mates would either quit or just not play properly. Plus I've played against smurf accounts and that isn't fun.
i went up against a platinum 4 guy in SWAT and he got 7 kills and 20 deaths.....
Thats what im saying, i get people like that on my team. While diamond players on the other team have like 13 kills and 2 deaths. It's not always the team members fault but when you almost always get paired with people like that, it doesn't help
They shouldn't place you based on whether you win or not, they should place you at your overall performance, like the top 4 from both teams advance, while the bottom 4 go down. Otherwise a noob can keep going up ranks if he/she gets good teammates.
I agree with you man, but unfortunately thats the matchmaking system for you. I've seen diamond players who have no kills and over 30 deaths. It's absolutely atrocious
Exactly right on. 3 people who can play can carry a 1 CSR to champion, but trying being champion in a team always with 3 noobs.
Again, tonight I lost 90% of my matches...why you might ask? Did I not do well? Well most of those games I was in the top with K/D but not the rest of my team. Then we get the people who dashboard or quit leading to the always winning team of our 3 against the opponents 4. Why is it that when you are SR 140+ you get teamed up with multiple people with an SR less than 10, but the opposition gets SR's in the 80's and 90's?

Matchmaking is broken and keeps getting worse each new season.
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
easily huh? so either you suck or youre good...no in between? sound logic
Yeah i found it kinda hard to get to platinum. I mean im no champion at this game but im no noob either. When you have someone on your team with say 5 kills and 25 deaths, that's kinda the reason the game is one sided. That and getting matched with diamond rank players
but if you rank say, diamond in one season and you go 0-10 with like -8 KDA you still get platinum one. The CSR isn't based on overall skill, it's skill relative to last season. That's why those people who only play 10 games never improve. to get diamond, you actually have to play a lot of games....
I do play a lot of games, Slayer is the main game type i play on Halo 5. I've probably played at least 70 to 100 games this season maybe more. I don't have a team to play with, i go solo. I went on a major losing streak the other day, some games i didnt do so well in, other games my team mates would either quit or just not play properly. Plus I've played against smurf accounts and that isn't fun.
i went up against a platinum 4 guy in SWAT and he got 7 kills and 20 deaths.....
Thats what im saying, i get people like that on my team. While diamond players on the other team have like 13 kills and 2 deaths. It's not always the team members fault but when you almost always get paired with people like that, it doesn't help
They shouldn't place you based on whether you win or not, they should place you at your overall performance, like the top 4 from both teams advance, while the bottom 4 go down. Otherwise a noob can keep going up ranks if he/she gets good teammates.
I agree with you man, but unfortunately thats the matchmaking system for you. I've seen diamond players who have no kills and over 30 deaths. It's absolutely atrocious
Exactly right on. 3 people who can play can carry a 1 CSR to champion, but trying being champion in a team always with 3 noobs.
Again, tonight I lost 90% of my matches...why you might ask? Did I not do well? Well most of those games I was in the top with K/D but not the rest of my team. Then we get the people who dashboard or quit leading to the always winning team of our 3 against the opponents 4. Why is it that when you are SR 140+ you get teamed up with multiple people with an SR less than 10, but the opposition gets SR's in the 80's and 90's?

Matchmaking is broken and keeps getting worse each new season.
You lost most your matches cause you didn't make enough of an impact for your team to win, you went even/neg in most. (looked at like 10 swat games)
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
easily huh? so either you suck or youre good...no in between? sound logic
Yeah i found it kinda hard to get to platinum. I mean im no champion at this game but im no noob either. When you have someone on your team with say 5 kills and 25 deaths, that's kinda the reason the game is one sided. That and getting matched with diamond rank players
but if you rank say, diamond in one season and you go 0-10 with like -8 KDA you still get platinum one. The CSR isn't based on overall skill, it's skill relative to last season. That's why those people who only play 10 games never improve. to get diamond, you actually have to play a lot of games....
I do play a lot of games, Slayer is the main game type i play on Halo 5. I've probably played at least 70 to 100 games this season maybe more. I don't have a team to play with, i go solo. I went on a major losing streak the other day, some games i didnt do so well in, other games my team mates would either quit or just not play properly. Plus I've played against smurf accounts and that isn't fun.
i went up against a platinum 4 guy in SWAT and he got 7 kills and 20 deaths.....
Thats what im saying, i get people like that on my team. While diamond players on the other team have like 13 kills and 2 deaths. It's not always the team members fault but when you almost always get paired with people like that, it doesn't help
They shouldn't place you based on whether you win or not, they should place you at your overall performance, like the top 4 from both teams advance, while the bottom 4 go down. Otherwise a noob can keep going up ranks if he/she gets good teammates.
I agree with you man, but unfortunately thats the matchmaking system for you. I've seen diamond players who have no kills and over 30 deaths. It's absolutely atrocious
Exactly right on. 3 people who can play can carry a 1 CSR to champion, but trying being champion in a team always with 3 noobs.
Again, tonight I lost 90% of my matches...why you might ask? Did I not do well? Well most of those games I was in the top with K/D but not the rest of my team. Then we get the people who dashboard or quit leading to the always winning team of our 3 against the opponents 4. Why is it that when you are SR 140+ you get teamed up with multiple people with an SR less than 10, but the opposition gets SR's in the 80's and 90's?

Matchmaking is broken and keeps getting worse each new season.
You took the words right out of my mouth mate. The other day i played a total of 40 games. How many did i win? 2. I won 2 out of 40 games because i was stuck with people who are SR 3 and are terrible. Like I've said before its not always thier fault, some games my frustration took my focus away and i simply just couldn't play because of how annoyed i was. One time this dude suicided at the start of the game and we lost by one point. We would have won if he didn't do that. Plus, you got the smurf accounts, SR 9 and getting 20 kills with 2 deaths? Yeah sure you're just that good.
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
Easily??? I know a rather hefty spate of people who will NEVER see Onyx solo...or probably at all. Just saying, that's a pretty subjective statement. Play abilities vary wildly, you know.
I agree. not bashing people but if you are a better player, youll be placed higher, simple as that
Sevennn wrote:
Justima wrote:
Sevennn wrote:
Celieleki wrote:
I'm sorry, what were you saying? All it takes is one team mate that is extremely bad or leaves, and you lose. Trying to find 3 other people that don't do that is extremely rare.
That was a social game....
That doesn't take away the fact that one player in his team contributed nothing to the team as far the score goes.
Right, cause every single game you have someone going 0-20. You guys really like to cherry pick your games, it's like you never get carried, you only ever have dead weight on your team. It all cancels out and if you are good enough you'll make your team win more than they lose in the end.
It happens way too much, you will always get dead weight on your team social or not, its the reason why I never play arena unless I'm with friends
MrMunk wrote:
I agree. not bashing people but if you are a better player, youll be placed higher, simple as that
That must be why Snakebite (one of the contenders for best in the game) got Platinum while dominating on a smurf. Sorry, try again. This is team shot Halo (i.e. every Halo after CE). Individual skill will only get you so far.
To OP, last season i was ranked 1760 after my first 10 games, which i played with teammates. This season i play my placement games by myself, and get ranked diamond 6 so teammates definitely make a difference
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9