2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9
Sevennn wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
Using yourself as the main example is the worst example you can give.

There are multiple reasons why people can't get to Onyx, their team being one of them.
agree 100%
Why does it matter that they used themselves as an example. You all use yourselves as examples of why it's impossible, and give over exaggerated examples of your teammates doing poorly and claim it happens every game.
The same thing applies. Also, generalization is a bad thing. See the bold text.

Using yourself as an example for either side is bad. I know why I personally don't get ranked Onyx consistently. Just because OP can get Onyx without a team to help him doesn't mean everyone else can do the same thing. Teammates are in fact a major variable in determining how well you play in a team setting; that's the whole point. OP just happens to be one of those players than can lone wolf it the entire time and do well regardless.

And no, it's not over exaggeration. It's no secret that this game's matchmaking system is inconsistent, but it doesn't happen every game. It happens very often, but not literally every game.

For one person out of millions to claim "it's possible, I'm tired of the excuses" can hardly be accepted globally. He is one of millions of players who bought this game.
MrMunk wrote:
I agree. not bashing people but if you are a better player, youll be placed higher, simple as that
That must be why Snakebite (one of the contenders for best in the game) got Platinum while dominating on a smurf. Sorry, try again. This is team shot Halo (i.e. every Halo after CE). Individual skill will only get you so far.
You do realize that you can keep playing once you get rated right? And that you can't get placed higher than platinum in your first season?
The waters are a little more muddied up on this topic than they were in past halo games due to h5's lack of party restrictions.

However, I do see the OP's point. I see so many plat/diamond players who constantly blame teammates when they themselves are not very good players or teammates. Like if they could clone themselves 3 times and play as a TO4, they would still be the same rank.
Sevennn wrote:
MrMunk wrote:
I agree. not bashing people but if you are a better player, youll be placed higher, simple as that
That must be why Snakebite (one of the contenders for best in the game) got Platinum while dominating on a smurf. Sorry, try again. This is team shot Halo (i.e. every Halo after CE). Individual skill will only get you so far.
You do realize that you can keep playing once you get rated right? And that you can't get placed higher than platinum in your first season?
Your initial rank also determines the quality of teammates you get, meanwhile, you can get matches with full parties of Onyx/Champs, especially if they're using a gold or lower smurf to cheat the ranks. Is it POSSIBLE to grind up to Onyx from there, especially now that CSR averages have trended upwards as a result of the longer seasons their system wasn't built to handle? Yes. Is it a complete pain in the -Yoink- and the opposite of enjoyable? Also yes. I'm not interested in carrying three idiots, all in parties, who blindly push Rocket side on Coliseum and never check the base. Or kids who don't push OS at all on Regret. Or run the flag through bottom mid on Truth. These are the kinds of people you get matches with in Platinum through low Onyx. The meta is completely different at those levels because the majority of this game's population seems to be stupid. And yet you can still get matched against full parties of competent players. Great stuff, 343.
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
My question is why in the hell does nobody use a mic when playing at that level. It frustrates me so bad. A mediocre team with communication can beat a good team with no communication. SERIOUSLY PLUG IN YOUR DAMN MIC.
I hit onyx mostly solo in Arena but the grind was ridiculous. My stats for this season are much improved over previous seasons as I worked very hard on my game. But despite the dramatic uptick in my play (from a 1.2/1.3 kd to a 1.9/2.0 and much better objective play), I still found myself bouncing around in diamond for WEEKS. All the way up to diamond 6.... straight down to diamond 2. Back to 6. Down to 3. Back to 6. Back to 3. Over and over. Despite carrying the -Yoink- out of my team a lot. Getting out of my ridiculous placement in Platinum was nearly as annoying too. I spent probably a solid week absolutely steam rolling kids but found myself on a lot of garbage teams and thus bounced around in Plat a lot as well.

In my experience, unless you are just going OFF 90% of your games, soloing into onyx is more trouble than its worth. At least in Arena. Slayer is easier. As are the other modes that don't require a whole lot of coordination like swat n such.

Also. What is the point of this thread exactly? You managed to luck out and score some competent teammates therefore nobody is allowed to question the ranking system? Or are you just here to parade your rank around...
MrMunk wrote:
jeez so hostile :P individual skill will get you as far as onyx
I've gotten Onyx solo and on a team almost every placement that I've cared to play enough games in. With a team it's too easy and barely worth playing. Solo it's still pretty easy it's just kinda frustrating most games since this 5th generation of Halo players is completely clueless on how to actually play the game and you match full teams almost every game once you get to Platinum / Diamond if you're on a new account

It's the same thing as "I could get a 50 if........"

Except in this game an Onyx is about 10x easier than a dubs 50 in H3 lol
I've seen too many people claiming that they aren't Onyx because they don't have a full fireteam/their team sucks. You can get Onyx pretty easily going solo. I'm Onyx 1765 in arena right now and I've played every match solo without a mic, just tired of all the excuses.
Uhmmmm.... No dude.. I have gotten onyx solo too once before. But i can still say you are wrong. try getting matched with people who go like 2-10 then you will know the feeling. although i have stopped playing for a while now. And even yduring the inital "play 10 games before getting ranked" thing you could get really lower ranked players
Uhmmmm.... No dude.. I have gotten onyx solo too once before. But i can still say you are wrong. try getting matched with people who go like 2-10 then you will know the feeling. although i have stopped playing for a while now. And even yduring the inital "play 10 games before getting ranked" thing you could get really lower ranked players
The thing is solo queue success hinges heavily on your ability to prevent the guy about to go 2-10 from going 2-10. In other words, it's as much about babysitting the weak links on your team as your own ability to play the game. In many cases of "I lost the game because this baddie is bad" the player with dirt in their eyes either lacks the ability or desire to do so. Instead they go full mouthbreather mode and remind the baddie of their badness every 10 seconds over the mic (usually with a scratchy prepubescent voice), spend all game corner camping/baiting to inflate their precious KDA, lose the game and go full finger point mode all over the post-game carnage report.

It does depend on the game mode and playlist division though. For instance, team arena is more difficult than slayer, you can straight up carry in gold/plat almost exclusively on individual ability, and around mid diamond it's more based on the sweaty "we're down 5 kills, 30 points or 2 caps so I'm gonna quit" mentality instead of needing to babysit/carry.
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
easily huh? so either you suck or youre good...no in between? sound logic
Yeah i found it kinda hard to get to platinum. I mean im no champion at this game but im no noob either. When you have someone on your team with say 5 kills and 25 deaths, that's kinda the reason the game is one sided. That and getting matched with diamond rank players
but if you rank say, diamond in one season and you go 0-10 with like -8 KDA you still get platinum one. The CSR isn't based on overall skill, it's skill relative to last season. That's why those people who only play 10 games never improve. to get diamond, you actually have to play a lot of games....
I do play a lot of games, Slayer is the main game type i play on Halo 5. I've probably played at least 70 to 100 games this season maybe more. I don't have a team to play with, i go solo. I went on a major losing streak the other day, some games i didnt do so well in, other games my team mates would either quit or just not play properly. Plus I've played against smurf accounts and that isn't fun.
i went up against a platinum 4 guy in SWAT and he got 7 kills and 20 deaths.....
Thats what im saying, i get people like that on my team. While diamond players on the other team have like 13 kills and 2 deaths. It's not always the team members fault but when you almost always get paired with people like that, it doesn't help
They shouldn't place you based on whether you win or not, they should place you at your overall performance, like the top 4 from both teams advance, while the bottom 4 go down. Otherwise a noob can keep going up ranks if he/she gets good teammates.
I agree with you man, but unfortunately thats the matchmaking system for you. I've seen diamond players who have no kills and over 30 deaths. It's absolutely atrocious
Exactly right on. 3 people who can play can carry a 1 CSR to champion, but trying being champion in a team always with 3 noobs.
Again, tonight I lost 90% of my matches...why you might ask? Did I not do well? Well most of those games I was in the top with K/D but not the rest of my team. Then we get the people who dashboard or quit leading to the always winning team of our 3 against the opponents 4. Why is it that when you are SR 140+ you get teamed up with multiple people with an SR less than 10, but the opposition gets SR's in the 80's and 90's?

Matchmaking is broken and keeps getting worse each new season.
You lost most your matches cause you didn't make enough of an impact for your team to win, you went even/neg in most. (looked at like 10 swat games)
Interesting...the night i played and spoke about I played 13 Slayer and 1 SWAT, but you chose to focus on 10 SWAT games spread over a few nights. Selective sampling is the basis for bias and you chose to select only those games to support your opinion. And, thank you for supporting my point. If you have crappy teammates, you tend to lack good support and get killed a lot as well. So if you end up in a 2 on 2 or a 2 on 3 with someone who can't play very well, you might as well be on your own in a 1 on 2 or 3. Kind of hard to get a high K/D even with 19 or more kills. That's my whole point...CSR is a team rank not a player skill rank. It should really be a TSR- Team Skill Rank since it has the least to do with an individuals skill as a player and the most to do with who you are teamed up with.

People should never look at a CSR as something they earned entirely on their own, but more as a reflection of how lucky they are to have had good teammates.
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Yeah i found it kinda hard to get to platinum. I mean im no champion at this game but im no noob either. When you have someone on your team with say 5 kills and 25 deaths, that's kinda the reason the game is one sided. That and getting matched with diamond rank players
but if you rank say, diamond in one season and you go 0-10 with like -8 KDA you still get platinum one. The CSR isn't based on overall skill, it's skill relative to last season. That's why those people who only play 10 games never improve. to get diamond, you actually have to play a lot of games....
I do play a lot of games, Slayer is the main game type i play on Halo 5. I've probably played at least 70 to 100 games this season maybe more. I don't have a team to play with, i go solo. I went on a major losing streak the other day, some games i didnt do so well in, other games my team mates would either quit or just not play properly. Plus I've played against smurf accounts and that isn't fun.
i went up against a platinum 4 guy in SWAT and he got 7 kills and 20 deaths.....
Thats what im saying, i get people like that on my team. While diamond players on the other team have like 13 kills and 2 deaths. It's not always the team members fault but when you almost always get paired with people like that, it doesn't help
They shouldn't place you based on whether you win or not, they should place you at your overall performance, like the top 4 from both teams advance, while the bottom 4 go down. Otherwise a noob can keep going up ranks if he/she gets good teammates.
I agree with you man, but unfortunately thats the matchmaking system for you. I've seen diamond players who have no kills and over 30 deaths. It's absolutely atrocious
Exactly right on. 3 people who can play can carry a 1 CSR to champion, but trying being champion in a team always with 3 noobs.
Again, tonight I lost 90% of my matches...why you might ask? Did I not do well? Well most of those games I was in the top with K/D but not the rest of my team. Then we get the people who dashboard or quit leading to the always winning team of our 3 against the opponents 4. Why is it that when you are SR 140+ you get teamed up with multiple people with an SR less than 10, but the opposition gets SR's in the 80's and 90's?

You lost most your matches cause you didn't make enough of an impact for your team to win, you went even/neg in most. (looked at like 10 swat games)
Interesting...the night i played and spoke about I played 13 Slayer and 1 SWAT, but you chose to focus on 10 SWAT games spread over a few nights. Selective sampling is the basis for bias and you chose to select only those games to support your opinion. And, thank you for supporting my point. If you have crappy teammates, you tend to lack good support and get killed a lot as well. So if you end up in a 2 on 2 or a 2 on 3 with someone who can't play very well, you might as well be on your own in a 1 on 2 or 3. Kind of hard to get a high K/D even with 19 or more kills. That's my whole point...CSR is a team rank not a player skill rank. It should really be a TSR- Team Skill Rank since it has the least to do with an individuals skill as a player and the most to do with who you are teamed up with.

People should never look at a CSR as something they earned entirely on their own, but more as a reflection of how lucky they are to have had good teammates.
Yeah I must be so damn lucky then getting Onyx every season.
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:

Yes YOU ARE...and count your blessings. BTW if you got ONYX at any point, it is easy to maintain as your starting CSR each month will be close to it. Talk to me when you start bronze and have to work your way up now...not when there were 100 people playing in the pre-season.
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:

Yes YOU ARE...and count your blessings. BTW if you got ONYX at any point, it is easy to maintain as your starting CSR each month will be close to it. Talk to me when you start bronze and have to work your way up now...not when there were 100 people playing in the pre-season.
You're a joke man, I've solo'd to Onyx on multiple accounts, you really shouldn't talk about stuff you have no grasp of. It's not hard to solo to Onyx if you are good enough and know what it takes, but I guess those who can't do it have to satisfy themselves somehow, maybe by trying to discredit others saying its luck. Just cause you can't understand what is required to get Onyx doesn't mean it's luck.
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Sevennn wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:

You're a joke man, I've solo'd to Onyx on multiple accounts, you really shouldn't talk about stuff you have no grasp of. It's not hard to solo to Onyx if you are good enough and know what it takes, but I guess those who can't do it have to satisfy themselves somehow, maybe by trying to discredit others saying its luck. Just cause you can't understand what is required to get Onyx doesn't mean it's luck.
I've seen your account. You've been Onyx since pre-season making it easier to maintain. I haven't seen evidence of starting from bronze for you. Also, having multiple accounts makes you a Smurf, or someone who already shows the like to win by skirting the rules.

If you claim to be so good, how come your performance stats in Arena don't crack anything close to the top 1% of the Halo population as shown on the Halo Division 5 population board? link here to your stats for your convenience -> Halo tracker site Stats
And to be fair, here are mine -> My Halo tracker stats

Clearly, through you're own choice of words you have proven yourself to be delusional and the greatest person in their own mind. One can not argue against something only relevant to a person's own mind.

So, for the rest of the world outside of your own narcissistic mind, by definition Team Slayer, SWAT, Breakout, WZ, Team Arena are TEAM based and you win or lose based on your TEAM performance as a whole. Again, just for you, here is the definition, from Webster's Dictionary for team:
<ul class="definition-list no-count">
  • a group of people who compete in a sport, game, etc., against another group
  • a group of people who work together
  • [/list]Now, if you are randomly assigned (albeit within certain parameters using CSR) with 3 other players, it requires some luck to get a team that can play well together and have the skills required to beat another team—especially those that are NOT random and play together all the time.

I'm sure baseball, football, and hockey would be interesting if before every game, players from all teams were randomly assigned to a team. Hey look! LeBraun James played this week with the Knicks, The Heat, Lakers and Suns and lost in all the games! Guess he can't play basketball.

So, if you would like to show me and others to prove your point of "... if you are good enough and know what it takes...", then please play solo in a team Slayer game, just you, 1 versus 4 others and record your great win over 4 other players as a SOLO player to show the world how you, and only you, know how to and are good enough to win.
    ...Oh, and by the way... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
    GRATZMAN67 wrote:
    Sevennn wrote:
    GRATZMAN67 wrote:
    Sevennn wrote:
    GRATZMAN67 wrote:
    Sevennn wrote:
    GRATZMAN67 wrote:
    Warfuntime wrote:

I've seen your account. You've been Onyx since pre-season making it easier to maintain. I haven't seen evidence of starting from bronze for you. Also, having multiple accounts makes you a Smurf, or someone who already shows the like to win by skirting the rules.

If you claim to be so good, how come your performance stats in Arena don't crack anything close to the top 1% of the Halo population as shown on the Halo Division 5 population board? link here to your stats for your convenience -> Halo tracker site Stats
    And to be fair, here are mine -> My Halo tracker stats

Clearly, through you're own choice of words you have proven yourself to be delusional and the greatest person in their own mind. One can not argue against something only relevant to a person's own mind.

So, for the rest of the world outside of your own narcissistic mind, by definition Team Slayer, SWAT, Breakout, WZ, Team Arena are TEAM based and you win or lose based on your TEAM performance as a whole. Again, just for you, here is the definition, from Webster's Dictionary for team:
    <ul class="definition-list no-count">
    • a group of people who compete in a sport, game, etc., against another group
    • a group of people who work together
    [/list]Now, if you are randomly assigned (albeit within certain parameters using CSR) with 3 other players, it requires some luck to get a team that can play well together and have the skills required to beat another team—especially those that are NOT random and play together all the time.

I'm sure baseball, football, and hockey would be interesting if before every game, players from all teams were randomly assigned to a team. Hey look! LeBraun James played this week with the Knicks, The Heat, Lakers and Suns and lost in all the games! Guess he can't play basketball.

So, if you would like to show me and others to prove your point of "... if you are good enough and know what it takes...", then please play solo in a team Slayer game, just you, 1 versus 4 others and record your great win over 4 other players as a SOLO player to show the world how you, and only you, know how to and are good enough to win.
    Halotracker performance rating is irrelevant, I'm playing against people rated in the top 1-2% of the population based on CSR every game how do you expect my "performance stats" to remain super high. Also consider that those stats take things like BTB into account so the top people are likely those stat padding in BTB.

I never claimed to be the greatest person, I don't even consider myself good at the game by my own standards, but getting Onyx solo is really not related to luck. I can't explain it to you because you're set in your ways. If you were good enough at the game to carry your team in solo games vs platinums/diamonds you would understand. You would understand the things you do to make your team win are not luck. However, if you understood the game at that level you'd be Onyx too and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Anyway I'm done with this, I feel like I'm telling you the rock is red and you're blind telling me that there are no colours.
    GRATZMAN67 wrote:
    I'm not the one you asked to do this but here. All my teammates quit within the first 10 seconds, the player on the other team quit around 3 mins in.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ed291f74-8b41-4e47-9309-b8b1ca43ec13/players/colorfulmeike?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 100% certain that here on the waypoint website it says you can't level up, after you earn your initial rank, unless you win. Doesn't matter if you capture all the flags or go 20-0. If you don't win your rank isn't going up. I would say that has something to do with teamwork (being on a good team). Unless you are just a beast and carrying your team every round of course.

I'm not good enough anymore to go solo and make it to Onyx. I can say that with certainty.

Teamwork makes the dream work.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 100% certain that here on the waypoint website it says you can't level up, after you earn your initial rank, unless you win. Doesn't matter if you capture all the flags or go 20-0. If you don't win your rank isn't going up. I would say that has something to do with teamwork (being on a good team). Unless you are just a beast and carrying your team every round of course.

I'm not good enough anymore to go solo and make it to Onyx. I can say that with certainty.

I couldn't agree more man, i cant get past platinum 2 on solo, it's a nightmare dude. Somehow im always on the team with unranked players and they do horrible (granted im no champion at Halo either but still) and who's on the other team? Onyx and diamond players. It's insanely difficult to outgun an Onyx player. Especially with an uncoordinated team. You may be a an outstanding player, but if you have a bad team, buckle up cause you're in for a rough ride.

I couldn't agree more man, i cant get past platinum 2 on solo, it's a nightmare dude. Somehow im always on the team with unranked players and they do horrible (granted im no champion at Halo either but still) and who's on the other team? Onyx and diamond players. It's insanely difficult to outgun an Onyx player. Especially with an uncoordinated team. You may be a an outstanding player, but if you have a bad team, buckle up cause you're in for a rough ride.
    Yeah, that happens to me quite often. Usually, the only mode I play anymore is Breakout and only if my brother is online also. That way at least half of our team is coordinated. lol Doesn't always work but it helps. Despite being ranked I've had a lot of games where we were teamed up with people that aren't ranked AND it's their first game. Fug. lol Not to say they haven't played Breakout before but my confidence in a win goes down when I see that.
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 6
    4. 7
    5. 8
    6. ...
    7. 9