Forums / Community / Roll Call

1,000 forum posts special and introduction.

OP CuriousGalaxy91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The training to become a true Spartan is hard and difficult and this post will mark 1/6th of the journey to become a true Spartan. (2/3rd of the training for a ODST).

This is also my official forum introduction and I don't want to see any comments about welcome to the forums and ect. because I have been posting here quiet a while. Make it constructive so we can have something to discuss.

First of all, I have been playing Halo games since 2007 with Halo 3 which was my first Halo game and the game that made me start to where I'm at now. I have completed all FPS Halo Campaigns on Legendary and my favorite gamemode is of course campaign. I will not name my favorite Halo game mainly because all of them are good.

Secondly, I do also play few games outside Halo like Minecraft (Mojang), War Commander (Kixeye) and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War (Relic). Have you played these games or do you have suggestions about games I should play?

Finally, I have no future plans for doing anything special on the Halo Waypoint other than to change Spartan Company in the near future. If you as a company leader want me as a member, please send me a PM. However, I do also actively play games outside Halo which means I cannot play Halo every day of the week.

To sum it all up, I don't want to see any nonconstructive posts like "Welcome to the Forums" or "Welcome to Halo Waypoint". Other than that you are completely free to ask any pretty much any questions you wish. Other than that, you are completely free to discuss nearly anything related to the topic.

Special Thanks!
Spoiler:
Show
Welcome to Waypoint!!!

wave

:D

Quote:
Halo Waypoint Special:
Woo! I made the cool kids list!

high five

I always enjoy seeing your posts. Glad you finally decided to introduce yourself to us! Are you still in school or do you work or? What's life outside of video games? :)
Welcome to Waypoint!!!

:D

Quote:
Halo Waypoint Special:
Woo! I made the cool kids list!

I always enjoy seeing your posts. Glad you finally decided to introduce yourself to us! Are you still in school or do you work or? What's life outside of video games? :)
I'm actually still at the school.
You was on the list mainly because you are a great moderator and I had to thank someone. Some are Youtubers because they have helped me with learning how to play Halo or other reasons.

An introduction must happen sometime and the 1000th post is the best time.
Wow, the big 1,000 is here. That is a looootttt of posts. Congrats! And thanks for watching some of my videos along the way!! :D
Wow, the big 1,000 is here. That is a looootttt of posts. Congrats! And thanks for watching some of my videos along the way!! :D
I did actually mention you mainly because of your achievement guides.

I would actually have have some more Halo 5 achievements it it had split screen.
RC Master are also great halo Youtuber but he hasn't been active in a long time.
Nak3d Eli is one of them that would help the community top grow if he was able to make halo videos.
Favorite campaign? Least favorite campaign? Most frustrating campaign?
I will answer this questions very shortly.
My favorite campaign is actually very hard to decide mainly because most of them have good parts. I would say Halo 3 but my opinion may have changed over the time.
The least favorite Halo Campaign in my opinion is Halo 5 mainly because you die to quickly, too many cannon fodder and of course the Warden Eternal which is an overpowered enemy that 1 shot you.
The most frustrating campaign are mainly Halo 2 because it's so unforgiving and Halo 5 because of the Warden Eternal which I said before is an overpowered enemy on Legendary.

As you found this thread. I'm very interested about your own opinion.
Which was you favorite, least favorite and most frustrating Halo campaign in your opinion?
My favorite campaign is actually very hard to decide mainly because most of them have good parts. I would say Halo 3 but my opinion may have changed over the time.
The least favorite Halo Campaign in my opinion is Halo 5 mainly because you die to quickly, too many cannon fodder and of course the Warden Eternal which is an overpowered enemy that 1 shot you.
The most frustrating campaign are mainly Halo 2 because it's so unforgiving and Halo 5 because of the Warden Eternal which I said before is an overpowered enemy on Legendary.

Which was you favorite, least favorite and most frustrating Halo campaign in your opinion?
My favorite campaign is Halo 4, although there are parts of the first three that will always stick with me. Halo 4 is kind of like my Star Wars episode VII except better - it's a great return to the classic characters and universe you remember all too well, but with a better and more emotional payoff. Sprint also speeds up the gameplay IMO and isn't a bad addition as far as campaign goes.

Least favorite is Halo 5 though, for numerous reasons. The gameplay is pretty unmemorable, the missions aren't quite as epic, the squad play mostly sucks, and the ending is just kind of meh.

Halo 2 is definitely the most frustrating. It's the only campaign I haven't beaten solo on Legendary (I beat it co-op), and if that co-op gameplay taught me anything is that it's just going to be ugly. Nevermind the jackals, they can be beat - it's those freaking stupid brutes and what massive bullet sponges they are.
The training to become a true Spartan is hard and difficult and this post will mark 1/6th of the journey to become a true Spartan. (2/3rd of the training for a ODST).

This is also my official forum introduction and I don't want to see any comments about welcome to the forums and ect. because I have been posting here quiet a while. Make it constructive so we can have something to discuss.

First of all, I have been playing Halo games since 2007 with Halo 3 which was my first Halo game and the game that made me start to where I'm at now. I have completed all FPS Halo Campaigns on Legendary and my favorite gamemode is of course campaign. I will not name my favorite Halo game mainly because all of them are good.

Secondly, I do also play few games outside Halo like Minecraft (Mojang), War Commander (Kixeye) and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War (Relic). Have you played these games or do you have suggestions about games I should play?

Finally, I have no future plans for doing anything special on the Halo Waypoint other than to change Spartan Company in the near future. If you as a company leader want me as a member, please send me a PM. However, I do also actively play games outside Halo which means I cannot play Halo every day of the week.

To sum it all up, I don't want to see any nonconstructive posts like "Welcome to the Forums" or "Welcome to Halo Waypoint". Other than that you are completely free to ask any pretty much any questions you wish. Other than that, you are completely free to discuss nearly anything related to the topic.

Special Thanks!
Spoiler:
Show
Hi, congrats on your 1000th post! I need less than 100 to be an ODST!
Welcome to the forums, Spartan! Kidding (:

Seriously though, congrats on the progress you have made. Glad you're still enjoy Halo and the community.

My Halo career has been similar. I actually started way back in 2001 with Halo CE. I bought it as a random game (knew zero about it) at the time, and well, the rest is history.

I beat every campaign on legendary solo and co-op. I also go for every achievement in all Halo products. I blame Bungie for my addiction!

My favorite campaign is Halo 4, although there are parts of the first three that will always stick with me. Halo 4 is kind of like my Star Wars episode VII except better - it's a great return to the classic characters and universe you remember all too well, but with a better and more emotional payoff. Sprint also speeds up the gameplay IMO and isn't a bad addition as far as campaign goes.

Least favorite is Halo 5 though, for numerous reasons. The gameplay is pretty unmemorable, the missions aren't quite as epic, the squad play mostly sucks, and the ending is just kind of meh.

Halo 2 is definitely the most frustrating. It's the only campaign I haven't beaten solo on Legendary (I beat it co-op), and if that co-op gameplay taught me anything is that it's just going to be ugly. Nevermind the jackals, they can be beat - it's those freaking stupid brutes and what massive bullet sponges they are.
Gravemind is a hard mission but it can be made much easier with skull. Use skulls because they can help you.
In the original Xbox and Windows Vista version can a trick that allows you to have clock permanently be used in every Master Chief mission.
In 2A (MCC), there are a lot of different skulls that can help you in different ways.
J Teeps wrote:

Seriously though, congrats on the progress you have made. Glad you're still enjoy Halo and the community.

My Halo career has been similar. I actually started way back in 2001 with Halo CE. I bought it as a random game (knew zero about it) at the time, and well, the rest is history.

I beat every campaign on legendary solo and co-op. I also go for every achievement in all Halo products. I blame Bungie for my addiction!
That is "Officially Amazing". I have decided not to go for the multiplayer achievements but I do have a decent amount of them.

I have decided not to play MCC on this gamertag mainly because all the time I have to spend on achievements. I have most of the Halos and I may decide to buy Halo Wars 2. (heard it's buggy which means I will not buy it either way until the bugs/glitches are fixed).

Special Thanks!
Spoiler:
Show
Hi, congrats on your 1000th post! I need less than 100 to be an ODST!
You are nearly there. ODST marks 1/4th of the journey to become a Spartan.

I may be more active in the near future but this forum isn't that user friendly because there is no way to tell which topics you have seen.
J Teeps wrote:

That is "Officially Amazing". I have decided not to go for the multiplayer achievements but I do have a decent amount of them.

I have decided not to play MCC on this gamertag mainly because all the time I have to spend on achievements. I have most of the Halos and I may decide to buy Halo Wars 2. (heard it's buggy which means I will not buy it either way until the bugs/glitches are fixed).
Yeah, I played through Halo Wars 2 without problems the last couple days. My game did... Somewhat freeze two times, however, I was able to pause, save, load and it resumed right where I was (so it wasn't a true freeze). I wanted to beat the story to avoid lore spoilers since it takes place after Halo 5 (I've read all the books, love the extended universe).

I wont dive into achievement hunting / MM for Halo Wars 2 until some of the bugs are fixed up.
J Teeps wrote:
J Teeps wrote:

Yeah, I played through Halo Wars 2 without problems the last couple days. My game did... Somewhat freeze two times, however, I was able to pause, save, load and it resumed right where I was (so it wasn't a true freeze). I wanted to beat the story to avoid lore spoilers since it takes place after Halo 5 (I've read all the books, love the extended universe).

I wont dive into achievement hunting / MM for Halo Wars 2 until some of the bugs are fixed up.
I don't really care about spoilers. I will watch tyrant's guide and see where it goes.

You are already doomed to hear spoilers when the game do get released to the public either way.
Congrats on 1000 posts, good luck getting to Spartan. I myself have played a couple hours of Minecraft but my secondary game is overwatch. Halo is still my first love though.
A Pyro wrote:
Congrats on 1000 posts, good luck getting to Spartan. I myself have played a couple hours of Minecraft but my secondary game is overwatch. Halo is still my first love though.
Spartan rank can be achieved if you are active on the forums and maybe 3 years of posting.
Can you explain the game Overwatch in more detail. I have heard the name but I haven't played the game at all.
A Pyro wrote:
Spartan rank can be achieved if you are active on the forums and maybe 3 years of posting.
Can you explain the game Overwatch in more detail. I have heard the name but I haven't played the game at all.
Overwatch is has a class system. So two teams of 6 different characters trying to move a payload, or capture a hill, or take a point depending on the map. I think there are 22 characters to choose from but I could be wrong.
A Pyro wrote:
A Pyro wrote:
Overwatch is has a class system. So two teams of 6 different characters trying to move a payload, or capture a hill, or take a point depending on the map. I think there are 22 characters to choose from but I could be wrong.
I may take a closer look at that game to see what it's. Thanks a lot.
A Pyro wrote:
A Pyro wrote:
I may take a closer look at that game to see what it's. Thanks a lot.
I enjoy it. Anytime.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3