Read Helpful Hints for New Members

OP bs angel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 46
Every website does things a little differently, so I thought it might be beneficial to have a thread where we could share helpful hints about anything and everything relating to the Halo Waypoint forums.

Old members: Please share something you think a new user should know.

New members: If you have a question, ask it here! There's plenty of people willing to help out.

One rule: Please share only one hint per post so numerous people can participate. Thanks!
Post on topic to help others stay on topic.
What is a Retweet?
Quote:
What is a Retweet?
When you click it, it will take you to twitter, where you can then tweet about it.

E.g: I click it on the post you just made and then on my twitter account my followers will see it. I retweeted what you said and shared it.
Thanks! I'll keep away then [not a Twitter...er.]
if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all
- i break this one a lot so don't follow my example.
There are many BB Codes that Halo Waypoint has that are available for use for example,

Bold Text
Italic Text
Underlined Text

There is a master topic on this found here: Forum BBCode.
If you want to discuss anything non-related to Halo, Xbox, or other video games.
Go to the Yo thread for those discussions.
Just remember to follow the Waypoint rules please.
Remember to use the search function!

If you have a question, it's possible others may have already asked it. Take a minute to run a quick search using the appropriate search terms, and if nothing of interest comes up, feel free to make a thread!
Remember to post in the Roll Call thread.
Using the Quote button is helpful so other people know who you're speaking directly too.
Posting a poll can only be done it the polling section.
Hello, I have complaints and/or Issues with the series, books, games and so on, where can I go to have my voice heard where it would actually matter.

I would like to talk to 343 Industries and make my input on development, I am looking for the best forum location for this end.

Thank you.
Quote:
Hello, I have complaints and/or Issues with the series, books, games and so on, where can I go to have my voice heard where it would actually matter.

I would like to talk to 343 Industries and make my input on development, I am looking for the best forum location for this end.

Thank you.
Here is a place that you can talk about everything Halo;Books, Series, and games.

There is no guarantee that you will talk to 343i directly, but there are chance's?

:D
Hello, I had a quick question which was bugging me for a while.

everyone seems to have a certain rank on Waypoint (from Recruit to Administrator), and I was wondering: how dose one improve their rank in the forums?
Quote:

everyone seems to have a certain rank on Waypoint (from Recruit to Administrator), and I was wondering: how dose one improve their rank in the forums?
Posting seems to be the main way to improve your rank. This thread has a list of ranks and post number requirements.
How do we unlock the in game armor via the new waypoint layout?
Quote:
Quote:

Posting seems to be the main way to improve your rank. This thread has a list of ranks and post number requirements.
Thanks.
If you are reading this then it's a good first step. Stickied threads are usually at the top for a reason, be sure to give them a quick glance.
Watch out for "community members of the week" their incredibly helpful and nice and would be happy to answer any questions you may have, if they are able ;)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 46