Forums / Halo Channel / Halo: Nightfall

[Locked] Mike Coulter Miscast As Jameson Locke?

OP Halloween G

I generally like Coulter in Nightfall (even though the show is well below our expectations), but I find his voice acting to be very dull and completely lacking character. Considering that the majority of his task will be voice acting for the games, I kind of think it was a mistake to cast him in the role of Locke. Maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think?
I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. It needs more oomph.
I like him as Locke, but in Nightfall in some shots when he's just standing and the camera is on him, he's swaying from side to side and shaking intensely
Disappointed in Nightfall, Colter is a major letdown and as you guys say is just wooden. say the line but forget any emotion etc. Maybe he's already practicing for taking over fro Chief and going with the silent type thing.
I Disagree i like Colter. The only other guy i could think of playing Locke since Locke is African American would be the guy from Criminal Minds. He showed great emotion in episode 4. And i liked him in the prologue and epilogue cutscenes he acted cocky. Perhaps he wasn't over the top as he didn't want to blow his cover. He is a secret agent type after all.
I like him in Nightfall, but his tone in H2A prologue and epilogue is annoying, am I the only one bothered by that?
You could've put Denzel Washington as Locke and this show would still be subpar. It's not the actor, it's the script that's given.
I've said it before and i'll say it again: I think Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn spoiled me live action Halo-wise. That is a superb movie with a superb script in my opinion. Don't get me wrong; Halo: Nightfall is good, but it could of been written better as well as portrayed better.
You guys do know that the voice actor for Locke in halo 5 isn't Mike Colter, right? Colter provided locke's look, and voiced him in nightfall, but the halo 5 voice actor was Ike Amadi!
Please don't revive old topics, thanks.