iOS SA: 5 Broken Achievements

OP SiN SHOOT2KILL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Okay, first off- let me preface with this- I'm not posting this information to complain, whine, or demand anything. I'm sharing information to confirm that today's update of the iOS version of Spartan Assault allows gamers to sign into your XBL profile; but currently mistakingly limits gamers to 20/25 achievements (Game Center achievements can be accessed by tabbing over to see 25/25 in the Apple Game Center for this game, but when you tab over to Xbox Achievements, the game only shows a total of 20 Xbox Live Achievements).

So to reiterate; while the iOS Spartan Assault game now synchronizes to XBL profiles after the 21SEP15 update- it only counts 20/25 achievements... Therefore gamers can only get to a maximum of 86% completion (20/25 Achievements) for 210/250 GamerScore of the iOS Spartan Assault game on their Xbox Live Profile. I'm hoping that the team that pushes updates for this game are made aware so that they can potentially work towards a solution. Once again I want to thank everyone at 343i and/or Vanguard Studios for your efforts to rapidly push today's update for this game to enable us to sign into our Xbox Live Profile. As a fan I truly appreciate the care to fix these sorts of bugs.

Troubleshooting attempts:

Background information: I have previously completed all 25/25 (100%) iOS Spartan Assault achievements on the iPad and iPhone before Xbox Profile synchronization was enabled today.

Step 1) I signed into iOS Spartan Assault on iPhone and allowed the game to synchronize my achievements.
Step 2) I signed into my Xbox One SmartGlass Application to double-check my completion status and realized that only 20/25 iOS Spartan Assault Achievements (210/250 GamerScore). synchronized onto my Xbox Live Profile.
Step 3) I signed into my Xbox One SmartGlass Application to double-check my completion status and realized that only 20/25 iOS Spartan Assault Achievements (210/250 GamerScore) synchronized onto my Xbox Live Profile.
Step 4) I signed into iOS Spartan Assault on iPad and allowed the game to synchronize my achievements. Nothing changed after repeating Steps 2 and 3.
Step 5) I reviewed which achievements are locked and realized that within the application it shows that I have 25/25 Game Center Achievements unlocked, but only 20 Xbox Live Achievements unlocked.
Step 6) I reattempted to unlock one of the 5 iOS Spartan Assault achievements that are still showing up as, "locked." (Skull Combo). After successfully completing a mission with the maximum number of skulls active (Which meets the description to unlock this achievement) this particular achievement did not unlock and appears to be completely stuck; along with the other 4 achievements that didn't unlock.
Step 7) I'm posting this as a known issue on HaloWaypoint.

The five iOS Spartan Assault Achievements that are still locked are:
  • Pension Plan: Earn 25000 XP throughout your career - 10 GamerScore
  • Weapon of Choice: Score a kill with every handheld weapon (excluding Rocket Launcher and Spartan Laser) - 5 GamerScore
  • Skull Combo: Complete any mission with the maximum number of Skulls active - 10 GamerScore
  • Extra Credit: Complete 75 mission specific challenges - 10 GamerScore
  • A for Effort: Complete all Operation F mission challenges - 5 GamerScore
Hopefully a fix can come soon. Never thought I would see they day that Spartan Strike and Assault are now tracked on Xbox live.
Any news on an update 343?

Patiently waiting for this to be resolved.
EDDS wrote:

I guess we will have to keep discussing the issue until it is fixed. (Hopefully)
EDDS wrote:

I guess we will have to keep discussing the issue until it is fixed. (Hopefully)
Well on a somewhat related note, my stuck MCC ODST Achievements have finally unlocked today so that gives me some hope for the iOS SA achievements... Granted I'm not entirely sure if those stuck MCC chievos popping was random thing, or if that was something of a deliberate fix from either Microsoft or 343i. Either way I'm hoping for an update soon to allow iOS SA to recognize all 25 achievements, instead of capping out at 20/25...
I guess that update hasn't happened yet huh. It seemsdifficult to properly communicate to Vanguard games, due to them lacking a dedicated forum. Hopefully they see this issue or 343i relays the info to them.
I guess that update hasn't happened yet huh. It seemsdifficult to properly communicate to Vanguard games, due to them lacking a dedicated forum. Hopefully they see this issue or 343i relays the info to them.
No news on this is bad news... Got a feeling this won't be fixed for months, if ever...
No news on this is bad news... Got a feeling this won't be fixed for months, if ever...
Considering how long it took the iOS version of the game to have Xbox Live achievements, perhaps not all hope is lost.

It does suck though. I want to get cracking on this, but kind of don't want to even start it if I can't even finish it.

Is the issue related to having all the achievement requirements met when they introduced the Xbox Live feature or would I suffer the same fate, starting from scratch?
343, are you there?

I'm hoping they are actually aware of this and it's not just going to be left as is.
You were right about it being months... Hopefully we can see a fix come before the end of the year, or early 2016. :\
You were right about it being months... Hopefully we can see a fix come before the end of the year, or early 2016. :\
I hate being right about stuff like this... I logged in today and still nothing. Can't believe 343i and Vanguard still haven't announced an upcoming fix for this. Hopefully they'll patch up someday!
Still radio silence... I have been holding off from purchasing the Spartan Series on iOS because of this bug. Hopefully a fix is on the way.
Still radio silence... I have been holding off from purchasing the Spartan Series on iOS because of this bug. Hopefully a fix is on the way.
I'm still opening the game up every once in a while to check and see if this ever gets fixed... I'll PM you if it ever synch's for me.

Math guy reached out to 343i and Vanguard Studios on Twitter the other day, but still no response on an upcoming fix (actually as far as I know, 343i nor Vanguard has even acknowledged this as being an issue... Furthermore I'm beginning to wonder if there is any further support for the iOS versions of Halo Spartan Assault and/or Spartan Strike, based off the lack of responses from any reps from either company here in these support forums or on Twitter... I can't imagine that it would take very much time or effort for Vangurd to patch it; so all we can do is hope they eventually get on it and fix their game).
Has anybody heard anything from 343 or Vanguard about this issue??
Not anything as of late. I heard some one in another thread wrote and sent a letter to vanguard studios. Don't know what became of that though.
Not anything as of late. I heard some one in another thread wrote and sent a letter to vanguard studios. Don't know what became of that though.
I tried to Tweet Vanguard and 343i again today regarding these 5 broken iOS SSA achievements... I say, "tried," because nobody from Vanguard nor 343i have responded to anyone on Twitter or Halo Waypoint regarding this particular issue since I first reported it on 21 September, 2015... I knew it'd likely take a while before a fix would come out but had no idea that this issue would be completely ignored by both companies. At this point I'll have to pessimistically point out that it's very possible this issue may never get fixed.
I can't see how they can let this slide, Halo is Microsoft's flagship title and to leave their flagship with broken achievements sets a really bad example for other devs.

I would hazard a guess the dev team are unaware of the issue because the support staff are simply not listening.
EDDS wrote:
I can't see how they can let this slide, Halo is Microsoft's flagship title and to leave their flagship with broken achievements sets a really bad example for other devs.

I would hazard a guess the dev team are unaware of the issue because the support staff are simply not listening.
Good point... Information sharing between devs and support teams seem to be non existent within Vanguard Studios. I have to wonder whom or what even comprises the support team within Vanguard Studios at this point...
This won't be patched until 2016. I'm confident it will be patched, but who knows when. Someone at 343i needs to inform Vanguard games, about this. We have two topics at the top of this forum complaining about this issue, it's only a matter of time until someone sees...
I messaged a community engineer and he will bring up the issue with Bravo. He also recommended that we use Twitter to contact Bravo about the issue as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5