Forums / Support / Halo: Spartan Series Support

Spartan Assault, Mouse doesn't work

OP Itz Mateo 116

After buying, installing, and opening the game on my Windows 10 computer, I cannot get past the "Select Input Method" screen because my cursor will not appear on the app window. So I'm just stuck here, listening to the lovely menu music staring at a window I cannot interact with. More than a couple other people have reported this issue, although they've all posted their reports on the general forum, not the help forum, so it would appear those reports have gone unnoticed these last five or so months. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but I've observed no improvement. Sincerely hoping this issue is soon resolved, as I'd greatly appreciate the option to play the game I've paid for. I love Halo, I love 343, and I'm looking forward to playing SA.
After buying, installing, and opening the game on my Windows 10 computer, I cannot get past the "Select Input Method" screen because my cursor will not appear on the app window. So I'm just stuck here, listening to the lovely menu music staring at a window I cannot interact with. More than a couple other people have reported this issue, although they've all posted their reports on the general forum, not the help forum, so it would appear those reports have gone unnoticed these last five or so months. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but I've observed no improvement. Sincerely hoping this issue is soon resolved, as I'd greatly appreciate the option to play the game I've paid for. I love Halo, I love 343, and I'm looking forward to playing SA.
Hello Itz, greetings,
I to have similar behaviour, but you are at least asked for the input method. In my case choosing either the tutorial or the actual games, everything works except that the Spartan would just stay put in one place and wouldn't move using the keyboard. But i can make it point in different directions.

I had reported this issue on the Xbox support channel and the issue was forwarded to the development team but no news still.
yeah well..this is for all those who might encounter this problem later..on any other game..i had a similar problem too..you can fix it by connecting a mouse..then disabling touchpad at settings..search for device manager...then open mice and other pointing devices..disable touchpad by right clicking it and clicking disable