Forums / Support / Halo: Spartan Series

Spartan Assault/Strike Crashes on iPhone 7

OP GiantTigerCS

Hi All,
i have a shiny new iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2. I purchased the Spartan Strike / Spartan Assault bundle for a previous iPhone. After installing, I went to play Strike and it crashed on the startup graphic. I tried Assault and am having the same issue. The farthest I have gotten either to boot to is the 343 Industries graphic. I attempted to uninstall and then reinstall both as well as restarted the phone. No luck. Has anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions?
I just fixed it on my iPhone 7 Plus which I bought today. Go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset settings. You won't lose any data, just all your ring tones, wallpaper, keyboard clicks, wifi, Bluetooth etc will be reset. But your games will also start working.

Now ow to read-enter the wifi password, wallpaper etc and I'm done. Anyway, it's fixed and works perfectly on my new phone.
I just fixed it on my iPhone 7 Plus which I bought today. Go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset settings. You won't lose any data, just all your ring tones, wallpaper, keyboard clicks, wifi, Bluetooth etc will be reset. But your games will also start working.

Now ow to read-enter the wifi password, wallpaper etc and I'm done. Anyway, it's fixed and works perfectly on my new phone.
Tried this on my 7. Doesn't work.
Same here; will not load and crashes immediately; waste of money; no way to get refund
Hello. I have been having similar issues on my iPad Pro.
I am having the same issue on my iphone 7 and iPad Pro 9.7. The games both worked on the iPad Pro before the latest update 10.2.1. I just recently purchased the iphone 7 so it has never worked on it. I did play on my iPhone 6s last year.
***Update***
I uninstalled both and reinstalled after restarting both iphone 7 and iPad Pro. I can now play spartan strike. Spartan assault is still broken and keeps crashing.
same here again; ss works sometimes; sa never
Stuck on first mission of SS I see the pod drop and nothing happens
i have solutions ;)
try play game, out the desk, 3-4 times to try. but not wait.. i play always ;)
yess ss; seems to work after 3-4 tries; but sa; "still" never; i purchased the bundle on iphone 7 a few mos back
Same here bought the bundle and keeps crashing -iPhone 6s
As strange that in that mark are presented with the applications that do not come directly from them, not uncommon, but you fight them and despite saying that they have brains respond in a bestial way lol ...

DONT LISTEN TO THIS GUY, CAUSED ME SO MUCH HEADACHE. If you have your Apple Pay saved on your iPhone. And other various passwords. Finger print etc etc. If you RESET SETTINGS, you will have to input everything again. Plus the game still does not work.

imagine I was on the train, thought what the guy said would work, by the time I got to my destination. My card details on my phone were reset, as I use Apple Pay, had to insert all my details again wasting 20mins for nothing.

its incredible how the game developer can get away with charging for a game that constantly crashes.

I will ill write to them for a refund.... but please don't do the above unless you have time to waste. What ticks me off is STAFFNSNAKE MENTIONS YOU DONT LOSE DATA, all passwords are reset, banking app etc.

What at a waste of time!!! Furious..
I've just reinstalled both as I had the urge to play them both through on Iphone 7 plus (ios 10.3.2). Sadly both still crash to home screen within seconds. Hopefully they will fix this soon because they are totally worth a replay! shame to miss out on some Halo on the go
After I keep on trying to turn on spartan assault it loaded but it takes a long time for it to work
Submit a report to apple, stating the game does not work correctly or as stated and they should issue a refund. I actually go with a backup plan and use my PayPal card, so if Apple is fussy I file a report with PayPal and get my money back that way.

Kinda sucks, I wanted these to work so I'd have some Halo on the go, but that didn't pan out the way I wanted.
Was so excited to play these games on my brand new iPhone 7+, but 18 crashes later I'm done with this bundle. #FixItMicrosoft
Assault doesn't work at all for me. Strike does. I have to load it a few times but at least it works. Any new info on this or they kinda just sweeping it under the rug?