Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

[Locked] All Halo Wars Ranks (point requirements)

OP SHADOWSTRIKE1

Hey guys, I just thought I'd make a post that shows the requirements for each rank. It'll give you something to compare to, and you don't have to search around online.

Recruit: Play 1 Game
Lieutenant: 15,000
Captain: 30,000
Major: 60,000
Commander: 120,000
Colonel: 240,000
Brigadier: 480,000
General: 960,000

To see your rank, and how many points you currently have, start up Halo Wars, go to "Multiplayer", and then choose "Service Record". You will see your rank and how many points you currently have.
Good post,
to make it even more n00b-friendly, after you hit service record, you hit RB and look at the top left corner of that screen to see your rank and right under it the requirements needed to level up to the next rank
Got a question, My step son LOVES Halo Wars, and I've been letting him play on Xbox Live, I personally haven't played a single Live Skirmish, but by watching him, how do you tell how many points you get at the end of each game?
Quote:
Got a question, My step son LOVES Halo Wars, and I've been letting him play on Xbox Live, I personally haven't played a single Live Skirmish, but by watching him, how do you tell how many points you get at the end of each game?
Once you win or lose, tap A and the post-game stats page will appear. Your total points will be under the percentage symbol.
Glad it helped you guys out :)
Shadowstrike plays wars aswell? Halo 3 all the way =D You should make some posts if you're good..As for the ranks they've been played about a bit over the years making it easier or harder to get the General..By now the rule is if you're not a General you're dead, if you're not dead you're a second accounter =L
Original SHADOWSTRIKE1 account was a brig. Unfortunately, the account got hacked. Contacted MS, who locked the account for investigation, and could not recover the changed info. Instead, they gave me a 3-month card, and let me have my old name back on my new account.

Point is, I've had to restart. I'm a lowly Lieutenant right now. Not the best Wars player, but I'm definitely over the hump into the more skilled tiers.
Thanks. :)
this isn't a bump ;)
Used to be so much higher.

http://www.halowars.com/forums/thread/860161.aspx
Quote:

old system.
Thanks!
Quote:
Quote:

old system.
Used to be verrry high. Way too high for most people.
Oh God, I guess I should be happy that I only have 900,000 more points to go instead of 2,340,000.....
I reached lieutenant on my first day playing (two months ago), then I returned on reach.
Quote:
Oh God, I guess I should be happy that I only have 900,000 more points to go instead of 2,340,000.....
I believe it was 4.8 or there about's when the game first came out, I currently have 2.3 million points. I wouldn't even be half way there.
Do you have to score that total in one match or dose it just total all together in the game from all the matches you've played.
Do you have to score that total in one match or dose it just total all together in the game from all the matches you've played.
Don't revive old threads. But to answer you question, it is the total of all matches. It's basically impossible to get 960000 points in one match.
I loved and hated Halo Wars' multiplayer ranking system. Because even though they used ACTUAL military ranks, it was still competitive to rank up like Halo 3
Let's not revive very old topics thanks, especially ones that are over 5 years old