Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Alternative to H3A?

OP Awesome Guy 523

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Alrirght, so we know Halo 3 Anniversary is not happening. It's a fact. My question is, what the hell is 343 gonna do to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the highest selling Halo game, and to some the best quality of the franchise. Unless 343 is going to act REALLY irrational and not do anything to remember it, I have a few ideas.
1. Give an update to MCC, since that's now apparently the definitive Halo 3 experience, the proper functionality. Give back the 1-50 military ranks, a good trueskill system that gives fair games, fix the issues with the projectile detection, and for god sake, update the customization. Halo 3 is the game that started the whole idea of mixing and matching armors for future titles, and it's abysmal how it's handled now.
2. Another option is this: I, and others have accepted the tough truth of no H3A standalone game, but what about a DLC? It's open, wouldn't require as many resources, and would be more easy than relaunching Halo 3 yet another time.
3. The extremely lazy path I do dearly hope won't happen. 343 posts a daily message on Halo 5, saying happy birthday to Halo 3. They bring maybe a classic Halo 3 weapon, give a gametype or two based around it, and that's it. While I am personally highly against something like this, it's a possibility.

So what do you think? Put any comments you think that could add to my list, or touch up on things you think I should've written. Cheers!
I hope that it is option 1. But only if there is truly, and utterly never going to be a Halo 3 Anniversary
Me being the anti-H3 person that I am, I'm going with Option 3. It didn't do enough to deserve anything else IMO. Hell, it should probably only get a mention on Waypoint with the supposedly countless memories I'm sure the 343 guys can "recollect", and even then it doesn't deserve that.

Yeah, I really hate Halo 3.
Wraith0912 wrote:
Me being the anti-H3 person that I am, I'm going with Option 3. It didn't do enough to deserve anything else IMO. Hell, it should probably only get a mention on Waypoint with the supposedly countless memories I'm sure the 343 guys can "recollect", and even then it doesn't deserve that.

Yeah, I really hate Halo 3.
Well, you're entitled to an opinion. It might not be one I agree with, but this is a fair thread.
I welcome a Halo 3 Anniversary. Not only will it kick off all the Halo 3 players from the MCC who constantly ruin the fun for those who want to play the other 75% of the multiplayer games in the majority of maps, it will be a perfect opportunity for a beta to be launched in it. Being one game it wouldn't require that much up keep. It will heal the bonds between 343 and players seeing as how Halo 3 was the best selling halo game to date. It will bring new players to the community, they could even tie in a special xbox scorpio edition of Halo 3 Anniversary. Also it makes no sense to do 1 and 2, only to forget 3. At least finish off the trilogy.
If they did option 1 and put MCC on sale I could see more people buying it considering the main reason people didn't get it was because of the bugs, and I do agree with the customization being edited a bit.
I welcome a Halo 3 Anniversary. Not only will it kick off all the Halo 3 players from the MCC who constantly ruin the fun for those who want to play the other 75% of the multiplayer games in the majority of maps, it will be a perfect opportunity for a beta to be launched in it. Being one game it wouldn't require that much up keep. It will heal the bonds between 343 and players seeing as how Halo 3 was the best selling halo game to date. It will bring new players to the community, they could even tie in a special xbox scorpio edition of Halo 3 Anniversary. Also it makes no sense to do 1 and 2, only to forget 3. At least finish off the trilogy.
That's exactly some of the reasoning I had for them to launch it, but alas, we're stuck with nothing so far.
If they did option 1 and put MCC on sale I could see more people buying it considering the main reason people didn't get it was because of the bugs, and I do agree with the customization being edited a bit.
It does seem the easiest to please everyone, and would be somewhat of a celebration
It does seem the easiest to please everyone, and would be somewhat of a celebration
Also, the things I listed really should've been there from the beginning
They already released halo wars 2 this year. I doubt there will be another halo game for 2017.
They already released halo wars 2 this year. I doubt there will be another halo game for 2017.
Yeah, but there's no way halo wars 2 is gonna make enough sales to qualify as a success. As much as I hate to admit it, RTS in this day and age of FPS being dominant is tough. I did say however that I'm not expecting a full game, this post was what could be the alternative for that
I'm of the opinion that H3A shouldn't be bothered with in general, and definitely not as part of MCC,
It would shoot it's ability to market itself in the foot, pollute the already sparse player base with even more playlists to the point that it would negate any new players brought on board, and reduce the amount of multiplayer content possible with a standalone release to a miniscule amount of 2 playlists at most.

What I think would be the best compromise, would be for 343 to release Halo 3 on Backwards compatibility so that people can play it on Xbox One without having to purchase MCC, and release it on Steam along with the rest of the trilogy, since Halo Wars has set the precedent with it's recent release on that platform.

Ignoring the anniversary of the best selling game of the franchise is not an option, but wasting 343's resources on developing another remaster shouldn't be either.
Halo 6 needs all hands on deck to make it as polished and content complete as possible for launch.

The franchise can't handle another Halo 5.
H8TRFFC wrote:
I'm of the opinion that H3A shouldn't be bothered with in general, and definitely not as part of MCC,
It would shoot it's ability to market itself in the foot, pollute the already sparse player base with even more playlists to the point that it would negate any new players brought on board, and reduce the amount of multiplayer content possible with a standalone release to a miniscule amount of 2 playlists at most.What I think would be the best compromise, would be for 343 to release Halo 3 on Backwards compatibility so that people can play it on Xbox One without having to purchase MCC, and release it on Steam along with the rest of the trilogy, since Halo Wars has set the precedent with it's recent release on that platform.

Ignoring the anniversary of the best selling game of the franchise is not an option, but wasting 343's resources on developing another remaster shouldn't be either.
Halo 6 needs all hands on deck to make it as polished and content complete as possible for launch.

Well like I said my preferred option is they do the update that truly makes the MCC port of Halo 3 a proper port, adding all the things I listed.
H8TRFFC wrote:
It would shoot it's ability to market itself in the foot, pollute the already sparse player base with even more playlists to the point that it would negate any new players brought on board, and reduce the amount of multiplayer content possible with a standalone release to a miniscule amount of 2 playlists at most.What I think would be the best compromise, would be for 343 to release Halo 3 on Backwards compatibility so that people can play it on Xbox One without having to purchase MCC, and release it on Steam along with the rest of the trilogy, since Halo Wars has set the precedent with it's recent release on that platform.

Well like I said my preferred option is they do the update that truly makes the MCC port of Halo 3 a proper port, adding all the things I listed.
An update to the MCC would be nice side project in concept, fixing all of the bugs therein including the hit detection; but the original ranking system can't be brought back as the ranking system for the MCC needed to apply to all 4 (technically 5) games, and separating them would fracture the experience even more than the game was already, eliminating the ability for any 1 game's ranking system to flourish.

As for customization, I'm sure there's some kind of space related issue with regards to the servers, and not wanting the game to account for too many variables in terms of armor.
They likely wanted to include this but it caused too many bugs or just wasn't possible with the number of maps/gametypes/players running on 5 seperate engines; for example, notice that though you can customize your emblem in the menus, you are assigned a default emblem in games, I think this might be related.

I want the MCC to get an update, heck, I want it to get a massive patch and then be offered for free on Games with Gold, but I realistically can't see that happening and honestly, 343 really should just focus on making Halo 6 the best it can be.
H8TRFFC wrote:
H8TRFFC wrote:

An update to the MCC would be nice side project in concept, fixing all of the bugs therein including the hit detection; but the original ranking system can't be brought back as the ranking system for the MCC needed to apply to all 4 (technically 5) games, and separating them would fracture the experience even more than the game was already, eliminating the ability for any 1 game's ranking system to flourish.

As for customization, I'm sure there's some kind of space related issue with regards to the servers, and not wanting the game to account for too many variables in terms of armor.
They likely wanted to include this but it caused too many bugs or just wasn't possible with the number of maps/gametypes/players running on 5 seperate engines; for example, notice that though you can customize your emblem in the menus, you are assigned a default emblem in games, I think this might be related.

I want the MCC to get an update, heck, I want it to get a massive patch and then be offered for free on Games with Gold, but I realistically can't see that happening and honestly, 343 really should just focus on making Halo 6 the best it can be.
I see your point for the reasoning behind the original ranking system unable to return, but customization shouldn't be a problem in the least. The technological advancements the Xbox one provides should be more than enough to allow the functions such as that to run flawlessly, in each game.
An actual CE anniversary where they remaster the best part of the game: the multiplayer.
If Option 3 is what happens (i hope not, i hope 1) then at least bring back the flamethrower and bring it into halo 5. even if it isn't good. i would hope there would be more still.
An actual CE anniversary where they remaster the best part of the game: the multiplayer.
Exactly. I myself would honestly prefer a remastered multiplayer, with the whole slew of maps of the original.
Well, when Halo Wars came out back in 2009, ODST followed later that year so I'm hoping that since Halo Wars 2 came out this year, we'll see another ODST game later this year
Well, when Halo Wars came out back in 2009, ODST followed later that year so I'm hoping that since Halo Wars 2 came out this year, we'll see another ODST game later this year
I would seriously doubt that, we got lucky enough as it is getting an actual spinoff from 343 this year, so far they focused on mainline and remasters.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2