Alternative to H3A?

OP Awesome Guy 523

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I seriously hope to see option 1 become a reality, but fix the whole MCC as well. I would be ecstatic were this to happen.
Like I said, it'd be far easier than relaunching halo 3 on the console again
Nadesicle wrote:
Wraith0912 wrote:
Me being the anti-H3 person that I am, I'm going with Option 3. It didn't do enough to deserve anything else IMO. Hell, it should probably only get a mention on Waypoint with the supposedly countless memories I'm sure the 343 guys can "recollect", and even then it doesn't deserve that.

Yeah, I really hate Halo 3.
Halo 3 hates you as well. It's the most popular Halo game, not an opinion, but a fact. So whether or not you like it, option 3 would not fit the games respective level and therefore be a horrendous option.
The guys entitled to an opinion. This is a fair thread.
Personally, I don't think Halo 3 needs a anniversery. Halo CE and 2 were both on the original Xbox and therefore were a little outdated, but Halo 3 is on the 360.

I vote for a massive Halo TMCC update, improving multiplayer options and updating the Halo 3 campaign in the graphics department. Halo TMCC launched as a collection of Halo games, including the CE and 2 remasters. A free update would complete the collection(putting all remasters in the same place) and be a symbol that 343 cares about things other than money. Sadly, they probably won't do this and certainly not for free.

A separate Halo 3A disk would fragment the Halo multiplayer community further. I don't care for Halo 3 anyway but I think that 343 needs to fix TMCC before working on a new game. TMCC needs individual game options. Not just Halo 3 but Halo 4. I want to pick what Halo and then pick mode under that. Halo TMCC was suppose to be the center game for Halo players but instead I have to keep playing on my 360 for the multiplayer I like(Halo 4 BTB). Halo TMCC does works for me but it is far too casual; why force players into games they don't want? Halo TMCC should have been four games in one, not a half--Yoink- cobbled together multiplayer lobby. Sorry about getting sidetracked, but 343 needs to update Halo TMCC not make another game that will release half developed, full of glitches, dragging more players away from TMCC.
Personally, I don't think Halo 3 needs a anniversery. Halo CE and 2 were both on the original Xbox and therefore were a little outdated, but Halo 3 is on the 360.

I vote for a massive Halo TMCC update, improving multiplayer options and updating the Halo 3 campaign in the graphics department. Halo TMCC launched as a collection of Halo games, including the CE and 2 remasters. A free update would complete the collection(putting all remasters in the same place) and be a symbol that 343 cares about things other than money. Sadly, they probably won't do this and certainly not for free.

A separate Halo 3A disk would fragment the Halo multiplayer community further. I don't care for Halo 3 anyway but I think that 343 needs to fix TMCC before working on a new game. TMCC needs individual game options. Not just Halo 3 but Halo 4. I want to pick what Halo and then pick mode under that. Halo TMCC was suppose to be the center game for Halo players but instead I have to keep playing on my 360 for the multiplayer I like(Halo 4 BTB). Halo TMCC does works for me but it is far too casual; why force players into games they don't want? Halo TMCC should have been four games in one, not a half--Yoink- cobbled together multiplayer lobby. Sorry about getting sidetracked, but 343 needs to update Halo TMCC not make another game that will release half developed, full of glitches, dragging more players away from TMCC.
As much as I would want this, it's again very unlikely. It's going to be yet another dry year for halo.
Well, when Halo Wars came out back in 2009, ODST followed later that year so I'm hoping that since Halo Wars 2 came out this year, we'll see another ODST game later this year
I would seriously doubt that, we got lucky enough as it is getting an actual spinoff from 343 this year, so far they focused on mainline and remasters.
Crazier things have happened. We'll find out next month when E3 starts up. I'm willing to bet we'll see at least one other Halo title before the end of the year. An actual Halo title, not a spin-off like Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike were
I don't know, as much as it would gladly surprise me, with the exception of halo wars 2, 343 was never really keen on spinoffs
Spartan Strike and Spartan Assault were by 343. Those were spinoffs
Theoretically yes, but those were just half--Yoinked!- mobile games that never had any real merit. I mean an ACTUAL spinoff, like ODST or reach
We'll know in just a few short weeks
Well, when Halo Wars came out back in 2009, ODST followed later that year so I'm hoping that since Halo Wars 2 came out this year, we'll see another ODST game later this year
I would seriously doubt that, we got lucky enough as it is getting an actual spinoff from 343 this year, so far they focused on mainline and remasters.
Crazier things have happened. We'll find out next month when E3 starts up. I'm willing to bet we'll see at least one other Halo title before the end of the year. An actual Halo title, not a spin-off like Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike were
I don't know, as much as it would gladly surprise me, with the exception of halo wars 2, 343 was never really keen on spinoffs
Theoretically yes, but those were just half--Yoinked!- mobile games that never had any real merit. I mean an ACTUAL spinoff, like ODST or reach
It's gonna be a dry year for halo
It's gonna be a dry year for halo
I don't think it will be. Plenty of achievements to clean up among all the games and being a big Halo Collector, there's always stuff to be hunting for ;)
Honestly since we aren't getting an H3A Reveal at E3 i hope that they play the Announcement trailer from 06 and at the end say Backwards Compatible 09.25.17 and show how well it runs on the emulation on Xbox One. However, if some of the new leaks come to be true(doubt it, but a man can hope) we'll be having a hell of time in september on the Xbox Scorpio.
Alrirght, so we know Halo 3 Anniversary is not happening. It's a fact. My question is, what the hell is 343 gonna do to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the highest selling Halo game, and to some the best quality of the franchise. Unless 343 is going to act REALLY irrational and not do anything to remember it, I have a few ideas.
1. Give an update to MCC, since that's now apparently the definitive Halo 3 experience, the proper functionality. Give back the 1-50 military ranks, a good trueskill system that gives fair games, fix the issues with the projectile detection, and for god sake, update the customization. Halo 3 is the game that started the whole idea of mixing and matching armors for future titles, and it's abysmal how it's handled now.
2. Another option is this: I, and others have accepted the tough truth of no H3A standalone game, but what about a DLC? It's open, wouldn't require as many resources, and would be more easy than relaunching Halo 3 yet another time.
3. The extremely lazy path I do dearly hope won't happen. 343 posts a daily message on Halo 5, saying happy birthday to Halo 3. They bring maybe a classic Halo 3 weapon, give a gametype or two based around it, and that's it. While I am personally highly against something like this, it's a possibility.

So what do you think? Put any comments you think that could add to my list, or touch up on things you think I should've written. Cheers!
I am fine with opiton 3 if they bring back the brute shot and the hornet.
Alrirght, so we know Halo 3 Anniversary is not happening. It's a fact. My question is, what the hell is 343 gonna do to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the highest selling Halo game, and to some the best quality of the franchise. Unless 343 is going to act REALLY irrational and not do anything to remember it, I have a few ideas.
1. Give an update to MCC, since that's now apparently the definitive Halo 3 experience, the proper functionality. Give back the 1-50 military ranks, a good trueskill system that gives fair games, fix the issues with the projectile detection, and for god sake, update the customization. Halo 3 is the game that started the whole idea of mixing and matching armors for future titles, and it's abysmal how it's handled now.
2. Another option is this: I, and others have accepted the tough truth of no H3A standalone game, but what about a DLC? It's open, wouldn't require as many resources, and would be more easy than relaunching Halo 3 yet another time.
3. The extremely lazy path I do dearly hope won't happen. 343 posts a daily message on Halo 5, saying happy birthday to Halo 3. They bring maybe a classic Halo 3 weapon, give a gametype or two based around it, and that's it. While I am personally highly against something like this, it's a possibility.

So what do you think? Put any comments you think that could add to my list, or touch up on things you think I should've written. Cheers!
I am fine with opiton 3 if they bring back the brute shot and the hornet.
In 343's eyes, perhaps it is a viable option, however it doesn't pay nearly enough respect to halo 3
then again 343 said the same think about h2a
To be fair, I find it more logical for them to simply not comment on people's thoughts for H3A than to deny it again and again.
To be fair, I find it more logical for them to simply not comment on people's thoughts for H3A than to deny it again again
exactly
To be fair, I find it more logical for them to simply not comment on people's thoughts for H3A than to deny it again again
exactly
So that might contribute to the logical reasoning of if happening
exactly
So that might contribute to the logical reasoning of if happening
that's what im saying
Wraith0912 wrote:
Me being the anti-H3 person that I am, I'm going with Option 3. It didn't do enough to deserve anything else IMO. Hell, it should probably only get a mention on Waypoint with the supposedly countless memories I'm sure the 343 guys can "recollect", and even then it doesn't deserve that.

let me guess you hate it because it has no sprint
MadRaven01 wrote:
Wraith0912 wrote:

No, that's not it at all. I don't care if a Halo game has Sprint or not, it's a mechanic that I can use no problem if it's there or deal without if it's not. Basically, take all the disappointment (not the reasons, just the general disappointed reception) that everyone felt about Halo 4/5 and apply it to Halo 3. That's why I didn't like it. Not because it was barebones or the story was nonexistant, I was just let down really hard.
Wraith0912 wrote:
MadRaven01 wrote:
Wraith0912 wrote:

No, that's not it at all. I don't care if a Halo game has Sprint or not, it's a mechanic that I can use no problem if it's there or deal without if it's not. Basically, take all the disappointment (not the reasons, just the general disappointed reception) that everyone felt about Halo 4/5 and apply it to Halo 3. That's why I didn't like it. Not because it was barebones or the story was nonexistant, I was just let down really hard.
Personally, for myself, I would prefer H3A because it is a classic halo game that I would enjoy. It won't be an issue if the MCC actuallly worked, but we're not in that ideal world.
Wraith0912 wrote:
MadRaven01 wrote:
Wraith0912 wrote:

Personally, for myself, I would prefer H3A because it is a classic halo game that I would enjoy. It won't be an issue if the MCC actuallly worked, but we're not in that ideal world.
Which is why I support a full MCC update to happen
Alrirght, so we know Halo 3 Anniversary is not happening. It's a fact.
Actually, it is not a fact. 343i made a similar comment about H2A and, imagine my shock, there's a H2A. Also, does "OMG stop. There is no H3A" not sound like an odd way to refute it's development? If that's even a remotely genuine response, it's an ignorant one, to say the least.

343i has lied to us many times. That is a fact. From a marketing standpoint, it wouldn't make sense to reveal that a highly anticipated game is in the works. Would that not ruin the surprise?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4