Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Are the old game overrated

OP Stephenthenubb

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So is CE, 2, 3 ,ODST. Are they over rated? What are your thoughts? I think CE is repetitive but I love they story. 2 Just down right made me rage at how hard it was. and 3 multi-play campaign for me are all just boring. I do not hate the games I think the people who made them did a great job its just a personal opinion.
Yeah I think it's just you. I don't think anyone else finds Halo 3 campaign boring. I find halo CE a pain because I was playing by myself while halo 2 in the other hand it's not too hard since I usually had someone to play with.
i personally loved the older halo games
I can relate to the Halo 2 rage. Halo 2 legendary was infuriating but other than that the rest are good games imo
No, they're not. I've been playing since the Halo CE demo showed up on an original Xbox kiosk in summer 2001. I haven't stopped playing since. I feel that those who think the older Halo games are "over rated" simply think that because they weren't around when those games came out. Because they're slower and don't have all the abilities that Halo 5 has, it's not as attractive of a game for newer players. Halo CE started it all and was really great. Halo 2 was THE game to have if you had an Xbox. Seriously, anyone who had an Xbox had Halo 2 because everyone was playing and I truly mean everyone. Halo 3 was the peak of the Halo Hype! That game had a massive launch and probably the biggest player base among all the games. From there, the player base spiked with a new release but wasn't maintained because there was other competition: Call of Duty, Gears of War, and a few others.
So is CE, 2, 3 ,ODST. Are they over rated? What are your thoughts? I think CE is repetitive but I love they story. 2 Just down right made me rage at how hard it was. and 3 multi-play campaign for me are all just boring. I do not hate the games I think the people who made them did a great job its just a personal opinion.
I find the older games so much better than the crap they release today that also goes for other games besides Halo, always play CE on the original graphics for nostalgia reasons and i go periods where i dont play halo for months then get an urge to stick CE or 2 on but to answer the question, No they are far from over rated thats just my opinion
Absolutely. They are still great games by yes.
You should expect people in a Halo forum to say no that question...

By today's standards, plenty of aspects in these games have not aged well and it can be hard to understand why they were so successful, but the world of gaming was very different back when those games were released.
I find the older games so much better than the crap they release today that also goes for other games besides Halo, always play CE on the original graphics for nostalgia reasons and i go periods where i dont play halo for months then get an urge to stick CE or 2 on but to answer the question, No they are far from over rated thats just my opinion
I also think that the older games are much better than the ones released today though I blame competition and stress for the lesser liked, newer Halo games. The one thing that the old Halo games had was that they had no other games competing with them until 2007/2008 when Gears of War and Call of Duty really started winning over players. The player base was starting to split because Halo wasn't the only game in town. Look at things today. Let's name a few other big heavy hitters competing for players money, time, and attention:
-Overwatch
-Battlefield
-Battlefront
-Gears of War 4
-Call of Duty
-Rocket League
-Fortnite (Battle Royale)
-Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Just to name a few anyways. The gaming landscape is much different than it was a decade ago
I also think that the older games are much better than the ones released today though I blame competition and stress for the lesser liked, newer Halo games. The one thing that the old Halo games had was that they had no other games competing with them until 2007/2008 when Gears of War and Call of Duty really started winning over players. The player base was starting to split because Halo wasn't the only game in town. Look at things today. Let's name a few other big heavy hitters competing for players money, time, and attention:
-Overwatch
-Battlefield
-Battlefront
-Gears of War 4
-Call of Duty
-Rocket League

Just to name a few anyways. The gaming landscape is much different than it was a decade ago
Yeah definitely i think they should take a step back look at what made the franchise so popular in the 1st 3 games stick to that formula and maybe add in a few things of there own instead of looking at the competition and taking mechanics from that to try attract players from those games but end up losing the old school player base because it doesnt feel Halo anymore
-Overwatch
-Battlefield
-Battlefront
-Gears of War 4
-Call of Duty
-Rocket League

Yeah definitely i think they should take a step back look at what made the franchise so popular in the 1st 3 games stick to that formula and maybe add in a few things of there own instead of looking at the competition and taking mechanics from that to try attract players from those games but end up losing the old school player base because it doesnt feel Halo anymore
It's not an easy thing to do but it wouldn't hurt. They can still take ideas and mechanics and put their own spin on it. I've been saying that it'd be cool to see Firefight come back but have it on the level where Gears of War 4 is at with their Horde mode. Have defenses you can build while continuing to defend against increasingly difficult waves of enemies.
theres a reason halo had a sequal, and another, and another all the way up to halo 5 so far, and multiple side games
I don’t think the old games are overrated I think the new games are though. Halo 4 just didn’t live up to all Halo had been and Halo 5 turning Cortana into a villan is just, ugh not cool. I play Halo all the time but when I do it is usually the old games for sure.
Halo 3 is grossly over rated. It gets held up as this flawless wonder of the world. It has a ton of problems with it and is far less fun to play than CE or 2. I think CE deserves it's fame for changing the counsel shooter and for being fun. Halo 2 deserves it's fame for it's campaign difficulty and the fact that it was a slapped together broken mess that somehow came together to be a great game overall. It's like all the pieces were unfinished and broken, but somehow they fit together like some messed up puzzle and worked. Levels wern't contained, brute weapons wern't finished, brute ai wasn't finished the cut scenes had graphics popping in and out, the game mechanics allowed for sword flying super bouncing and button combos that broke animations. Halo 2 was an unfinished game that worked. Compare that to today where fully finished and polished games sometimes can't even work. If it wern't for all that I would say halo 2 only sort of deserves it's rep.
CE,2, and 3 were the peaks of my Halo experience.
I also loved Reach, and ODST, but there's just something about 4 and 5 that doesn't live up to my halo expectations
The old games are not overrated.

I think that's all that needs to be said here.
ya the old games arent that overrated, like that section on the covenant were you get to fight 2 scarabs with a hornet with like 2 others a pelican that doelent do jack -Yoink-, and like 1 or 2 warthogs.
It depends om your play style if you play alone its overated but if you play with friends its the greatest game ever
Well the fact that i played these games much later than everybody else and i still think these games are fantastic, I think that proves how good the games are. I respectively disagree.
It depends om your play style if you play alone its overated but if you play with friends its the greatest game ever
Any game with friends is fun!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3