Back-Compat Issues?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Hi folks - We're super excited to finally be able to play the remaining Xbox 360 Halo titles on our Xbox Ones with the big release yesterday. We've seen scattered reports of players encountering various issues with different aspects of these latest back-compat titles which I'm hoping to collect here in this thread.

The Xbox back-compat team has worked hard to bring this to fruition, and it's ultimately their project, but we'd like to help them keep track of reported problems and issues that players are encountering.

If you have run into any issues with Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4, or Halo CE: Anniversary back-compat on Xbox One, please post in this thread and let us know and we'll pass it along. Please provide as much detail as possible.

1. Which game are you having an issue with?
2. Did you purchase digitally or install from disc? (and which disc in the case of the Halo 3 MP disc that came with ODST vs. the base Halo 3 disc)
3. What exactly is the issue you're encountering? Please be as specific as possible and include any steps you've already taken to try and remedy these issues.

Please note that the 343 team has no direct ability to address these issues but will continue to work closely with our partners and make sure any problems are brought to their attention. If/when we get any new information or solutions to reported issues we'll update this thread.

We're thrilled to see so much excitement for these back-compat releases and we thank you for your support of Halo!
Glad to see this post!

I'm having an issue in Halo 3 with the DLC. I have halo 3 on disk and I have downloaded and installed all DLC,
Heroic
Legendary
Mythic
Mythic 2
And cold storage.

But I can't play any playlist requiring all DLC as it tells me "One or more players do not have the required DLC". I've tried reinstalling the game and DLC, even reset my xbox but still having the same issue. In the custom games menu, only heroic maps and cold storage appear.
I’m having a similar issue. I went through the H3 marketplace (in game), I had ticks next to all the map packs : mythic map pack 2 is the only one that came up once I went though to the manage game bit. If that makes sense. Legendary pack, mythic pack, heroic pack, cold storage packs are all purchased, but are not showing up. 😞 if anyone knows how to solve the problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ✌🏻
NAT NAT 187
Halo 3, digital copy. Cold storage and the Mythic map pack are the only 2 DLC's i have the option to download. Plz halp.
Halo 3, digital copy. Cold storage and the Mythic map pack are the only 2 DLC's i have the option to download. Plz halp.
Download them through the website.
Frame rate issues.. i know it's back to 30 fps but i think it's running a little lower. anyone else having this issue?
I'm having trouble reading my Halo 3 disc(Base game not ODST multiplayer disc), it's saying to put it in a 360... goes straight to Blu-ray player.
Glad to see this post!

I'm having an issue in Halo 3 with the DLC. I have halo 3 on disk and I have downloaded and installed all DLC,
Heroic
Legendary
Mythic
Mythic 2
And cold storage.

But I can't play any playlist requiring all DLC as it tells me "One or more players do not have the required DLC". I've tried reinstalling the game and DLC, even reset my xbox but still having the same issue. In the custom games menu, only heroic maps and cold storage appear.
Exactly this issue except all DLC apart from Mythic appears in the custom games menu
I'm having trouble reading my Halo 3 disc(Base game not ODST multiplayer disc), it's saying to put it in a 360... goes straight to Blu-ray player.
That sounds like a disc issue.
Glad to see this post!

Heroic
Legendary
Mythic
Mythic 2
And cold storage.

Exact same issue, only difference is that Mythic Map Pack II are the only DLC maps showing up for me, and that I'm using the version of the game I got digitally.
To download all of the DLC, you must:

1) Start Halo 3
2) Push the Start Button on your Controller
3) Click "MarketPlace"
4) Find and Download: "Heroic", "Legendary", "Cold Storage", "Mythic", "Mythic II" Map Pack.

Aside from that, I'm having an issue. My XBL account is a gold account, however, for the ranked playlists, I am seeing an error message saying "This playlist is restricted to Xbox LIVE Gold members only" :(
Halo 4 doesn't how up as anything besides a placeholder logo when installing.

Besides that, everything's good, thanks!
Awesome that you guys have this up. I'm trying to play halo 3 digitally. An it says that if I'm sure the game has released then reset my xbox and try again. Thank you for taking the time to fix this you guys are great!

1) Start Halo 3
3) Click "MarketPlace"
4) Find and Download: "Heroic", "Legendary", "Cold Storage", "Mythic", "Mythic II" Map Pack.

Aside from that, I'm having an issue. My XBL account is a gold account, however, for the ranked playlists, I am seeing an error message saying "This playlist is restricted to Xbox LIVE Gold members only" :(
When I do that it tells me I need to go into 'Manage game' and install from there. And that's what I did. Still no maps showing up in game

1) Start Halo 3
3) Click "MarketPlace"

When I do that it tells me I need to go into 'Manage game' and install from there. And that's what I did. Still no maps showing up in game
I did the same thing and had to exit my current session once the downloads finished. They are several hundred MB.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 3 base disc and have the legendary, mythic and mythic 2, cold storage ,heroic map pack installed and it says i cant play btb, and social skirmish say i dont have the maps required
Frame rate issues.. i know it's back to 30 fps but i think it's running a little lower. anyone else having this issue?
I believe I also have this issue the game looks laggy and unclear
Hey. Drama Queen: 343 doesn't do backwards compatibility. You think every 360 title on the Xbox One is emulated by their respective developers individually? Use your noggin.
Why did you bother posting then? Seriously, what is it with your pathetic excuse for a post? Just because there are kids playing Halo 5, who weren't born when Halo CE launched, doesn't make the new games bad.

Halo 4 is my favorite and I have played them all. Halo 5 has awsome multiplayer but a lame story. Halo TMCC is good for campaigns but it does contain a lot of bugs. 343i has made some mistakes but seem to be doing a decent job with games and listening to fans. Why do you think 343i would have bothered making all the Halos backward compatable, if they didn't care? You are just going to complain about 343i no matter what. How is 343i garbage for giving fans what they wanted, backwards compatibility?

I understand that not everybody likes the direction that 343i is taking Halo, but what these people are going to have to accept is: Halo will NEVER return to Halo 3 era multiplayer. If your are just buying each Halo game and getting mad that it isn't the direction you wanted for Halo, then quit buying the new Halo games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7