OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yeah, I have an issue. Why on earth do people who live in most remote places on the planet pull host, effectively becoming the T-1000, and essentially ruining the game for everyone else involved? Why does this happen EVERY GAME?

Surely you could've removed your thumbs from your poo pipes and implemented some sort of updated host deciding system, or just made the servers dedicated (which you're yet to even do with MCC)?

Oh wait, no. You're 343i, the most incompetent excuse of a company who will do anything to reduce the work load, and take any shortcut to make your lives easier. Don't worry about the fans you could've potentially drawn back. Don't worry about the guys who have played and supported Halo for over a decade, they don't matter. You worry about repeatedly thrusting your thumb up your poo chutes when it comes to them, so long as your precious Halo 5 gets all its free updates to appease the patheticly populated MP for that drivel of a game, and pandering to the kids who weren't even BORN when this franchise started.

Garbage company. Garbage attempt at releasing a BC game just to try and get some brownie points.

What is even the point in this thread, anyway? We know you won't do a single thing to improve this game. They are still yet to fix MCC, there's not a chance in god damn hell that they're gonna make even a modicum of effort to improve Halo 3. I would literally put everything I own it it.
Hey. Drama Queen: 343 doesn't do backwards compatibility. You think every 360 title on the Xbox One is emulated by their respective developers individually? Use your noggin.
When they actively promote previous titles in their current franchise as being BC; yeah, I believe they would.
Hey. Drama Queen: 343 doesn't do backwards compatibility. You think every 360 title on the Xbox One is emulated by their respective developers individually? Use your noggin.
When they actively promote previous titles in their current franchise as being BC; yeah, I believe they would.
Well ... fair enough, I suppose. There are pluses here: right now, at least in the BC version, the BR works like it should ... so it's better than the MCC. We got that at least.
I don't know if you guys can help me out on this, going to give it a shot anyways. I'm just having trouble downloading my profile (xbox live account) onto Halo 3.
Yeah, I have an issue. Why on earth do people who live in most remote places on the planet pull host, effectively becoming the T-1000, and essentially ruining the game for everyone else involved? Why does this happen EVERY GAME?

Surely you could've removed your thumbs from your poo pipes and implemented some sort of updated host deciding system, or just made the servers dedicated (which you're yet to even do with MCC)?

Oh wait, no. You're 343i, the most incompetent excuse of a company who will do anything to reduce the work load, and take any shortcut to make your lives easier. Don't worry about the fans you could've potentially drawn back. Don't worry about the guys who have played and supported Halo for over a decade, they don't matter. You worry about repeatedly thrusting your thumb up your poo chutes when it comes to them, so long as your precious Halo 5 gets all its free updates to appease the patheticly populated MP for that drivel of a game, and pandering to the kids who weren't even BORN when this franchise started.

Garbage company. Garbage attempt at releasing a BC game just to try and get some brownie points.

What is even the point in this thread, anyway? We know you won't do a single thing to improve this game. They are still yet to fix MCC, there's not a chance in god damn hell that they're gonna make even a modicum of effort to improve Halo 3. I would literally put everything I own it it.
Well ... fair enough, I suppose. There are pluses here: right now, at least in the BC version, the BR works like it should ... so it's better than the MCC. We got that at least.
Well, at least we agree. It does feel better. Too bad it's accompanied by turdy connections.
Why did you bother posting then? Seriously, what is it with your pathetic excuse for a post? Just because there are kids playing Halo 5, who weren't born when Halo CE launched, doesn't make the new games bad.

Halo 4 is my favorite and I have played them all. Halo 5 has awsome multiplayer but a lame story. Halo TMCC is good for campaigns but it does contain a lot of bugs. 343i has made some mistakes but seem to be doing a decent job with games and listening to fans. Why do you think 343i would have bothered making all the Halos backward compatable, if they didn't care? You are just going to complain about 343i no matter what. How is 343i garbage for giving fans what they wanted, backwards compatibility?

I understand that not everybody likes the direction that 343i is taking Halo, but what these people are going to have to accept is: Halo will NEVER return to Halo 3 era multiplayer. If your are just buying each Halo game and getting mad that it isn't the direction you wanted for Halo, then quit buying the new Halo games.
Typical insults, no facts, no point. I have actually been playing Halo since 2006 but I didn't get Xbox Live until 2016. I have played hundreds of hours of Halo campaigns. So, keep insulting me with no facts to back it up. Liking a game is subjective, not objective. If I like Halo 4 that doesn't mean that I approve of every action 343i takes. I doubt you will comprehend anything I have said, you will continue saying that anybody who defends 343i is a fanboy. If all you can manage are insults don't respond, all you prove is that you are an irrational troll.
I don't know if you guys can help me out on this, going to give it a shot anyways. I'm just having trouble downloading my profile (xbox live account) onto Halo 3.
Disregard this. I found the solution.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

Why did you bother posting then? Seriously, what is it with your pathetic excuse for a post? Just because there are kids playing Halo 5, who weren't born when Halo CE launched, doesn't make the new games bad.

Halo 4 is my favorite and I have played them all. Halo 5 has awsome multiplayer but a lame story. Halo TMCC is good for campaigns but it does contain a lot of bugs. 343i has made some mistakes but seem to be doing a decent job with games and listening to fans. Why do you think 343i would have bothered making all the Halos backward compatable, if they didn't care? You are just going to complain about 343i no matter what. How is 343i garbage for giving fans what they wanted, backwards compatibility?

I understand that not everybody likes the direction that 343i is taking Halo, but what these people are going to have to accept is: Halo will NEVER return to Halo 3 era multiplayer. If your are just buying each Halo game and getting mad that it isn't the direction you wanted for Halo, then quit buying the new Halo games.
Typical insults, no facts, no point. I have actually been playing Halo since 2006 but I didn't get Xbox Live until 2016. I have played hundreds of hours of Halo campaigns. So, keep insulting me with no facts to back it up. Liking a game is subjective, not objective. If I like Halo 4 that doesn't mean that I approve of every action 343i takes. I doubt you will comprehend anything I have said, you will continue saying that anybody who defends 343i is a fanboy. If all you can manage are insults don't respond, all you prove is that you are an irrational troll.
So back to my point before, so what if people like me are new to multiplayer? Why is it bad that there are kids playing multiplayer? We can't all be elitist snobs, who have played thousands of matches and now think that they are the only voice of reason. My experience is based primarily around Halo 4 because it is really enjoyable. Yeah, I only have my subjective feelings while playing the game.

Back to your post, what did you want 343i to do? Not make Halo 3 backwards compatable? It seems that you have no point, except insulting 343i and anybody who enjoys their games. Imagine if during the time of Halo 3(2007), some guy who played on the original Xbox started complaining, saying that Bungie sucks and you are just sucking up to Bungie, if you defend them. Imagine if he complained about all the changes in Halo 3 and at the same time, started complaining about Halo CE and Halo 2 being compatable on the Xbox 360. What more could Bungie do at that point? If 343i didn't care about anything but money, why would they bother making all the games BC and all DLC free? I think that they realized their colossal mistake with TMCC and are trying to make it up to fans the best they can.
I am having issues with the File Share system on Halo 3, a lot of people are having this issue as well, files just won't even start downloading, and sometimes a file share won't even load all the way before saying something like "cannot display file share"
Some weapons don't load either. On Sierra in the area where Johnsons pelican crashes, next to a pile of 4 grenades, there is supposed to be a BR, this br does not exist on BC, on Halo, there's supposed to be 3 BRs near the pelican at the start, these are also not present.
Other than that I haven't had any issue with it. The game feels smoother and MOST Loadzones/Deloads don't lag the game as bad as the Original-Original game.
That said, I can definitely tell the game runs differently from the OG OG game.
On Sierra, I've noticed the chieftain swing his hammer 3 times within 1 second with no cooldown. He is more aggressive than he should be. As a speedrunner, I've gotten a feel for how the game works and how enemies respond to you, you are 10x more likely to die from the chieftain now than ever before.
Downloaded Digitally.
I had to use the odst disc, as only to dlcs appeared on the store. Also for halo 4 there is no doc on the store. For some reason I got an update for the store and once I installed it it said I was using an out of date version and to update it.
  1. Halo 4
  2. Disc
  3. I'm unable to download additional maps and content. The Champion's Bundle downloads fine, but nothing else. The store just says [whatever] "is currently not available.”
Xbox is telling me that my Halo 3 disc is not BC. Now, is the one with the orange sky the regular one of the mythic one. I forget. I can't find my other Halo 3 disc and its bugging so much that this doesn't work.
Halo 3 base disc and have the legendary, mythic and mythic 2, cold storage ,heroic map pack installed and it says i cant play btb, and social skirmish say i dont have the maps required
Nevermind disregard this i checked and heroic map pack wasn't installed
Halo 4 (Disc): I've downloaded all of Halo 4's DLC, but it doesn't seem to think I have. So, I can't play it.
1. Which game are you having an issue with?
Halo 3
2. Did you purchase digitally or install from disc? (and which disc in the case of the Halo 3 MP disc that came with ODST vs. the base Halo 3 disc)
Install from disc, Halo 3 base disc.
3. What exactly is the issue you're encountering? Please be as specific as possible and include any steps you've already taken to try and remedy these issues.
Frame rate feels quite choppy. I have recorded a video with my elgato in 30fps which shows the game running very smooth like it did on xbox 360 but while I was playing it on Xbox One, the framerate did not feel like 30fps.

Basically, after recording and playing a match of social slayer on Valhalla I was quite annoyed about the choppy frame rate I was experiencing. I watched the recorded gameplay and it showed no symptoms of being choppy at all.
Halo 3 digital

An issue regarding DLC. I only have the option to download Mythic II.

Another issue I have with the dlc is that even Mythic II maps do not show up in the custom games and forge lobbies. And I cannot play any playlists that require DLC. I experienced this issue on 360 as well. None of the map packs would be recognized. And I feel it is the same case here. The only possible way I found around this was the ODST Halo 3 MP disc.
I have seen past threads on this issue. So I know it is not just me.
To download all of the DLC, you must:

1) Start Halo 3
2) Push the Start Button on your Controller
3) Click "MarketPlace"
4) Find and Download: "Heroic", "Legendary", "Cold Storage", "Mythic", "Mythic II" Map Pack.

Aside from that, I'm having an issue. My XBL account is a gold account, however, for the ranked playlists, I am seeing an error message saying "This playlist is restricted to Xbox LIVE Gold members only" :(
Same happens to me but my xbox live is shared to me by my brother and his account (I also can’t share stuff on file share) I forgot to mention but I have the mp disc that came with ODST
1.Which game are you having issues with?Halo3
2. Did you purchase digitally or install from disc? Purchased Digitally
3. What exactly is the issue you're encountering?The add-on maps not working correctly. The steps i have done to resolve this is uninstall/reinstall the game and add-ons. Factory reset my Xbox. Remove/add my gamer tag. Talked with Xbox support and went through all there steps with no luck. They directed me to the forums as they are saying it's a server issue on 343 part. They said the server isn't recognizing that I have downloaded the maps.

Note: Xbox is having trouble with the new store update which could be causing the maps not to download fully. After several attempts to fix this issue with the new store update. Xbox support said they do not have a time frame when this issue will be fixed and hope that I can understand, they have all hands on deck working on this issue. Maybe when the update is fixed the map issue will no longer be a problem.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7