1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
1. Halo 3
2. Disc (mp that came with ODST)
3. When I try to play ranked it says “this is only available for Xbox live gold members” or something and it doesn’t let me play. I actually have shared gold from my brother’s account but it sucks if I’m being totally honest plus I cannot share stuff on my fileshare.
I just want to know if it’s going to get patched or not :(
Glad to see this thread on the forum, as I've encountered what are, for me, GAME BREAKING problems with both the backwards compatible versions of Halo: Reach and Halo 3: ODST.
The issue is the same with both when playing on my Xbox One S. Neither game will save campaign progress while played offline.
I've installed both games from disc - they're pre-owned Xbox360 versions that I bought way, way back.
In each case, because my internet access is often limited, I've had to download the games in chunks. I'm not sure if that would make any odds to the way the games behave after install. In the case of Halo; Reach, I flagged the problem with Microsoft Xbox support. Their staff were very pleasant to deal with but completely unable to help, unfortunately. We managed to rule out user error, though, which is probably significant. Frm what I can gather, it seems this might be one of those sneaky tech problems that affects some Xbox One owners but not others. It's bizarre!
Reach WILL save campaign progress for me if I go online with it. But if I attempt to resume play offline... well, no option to resume the campaign appears whatsoever. So it's right back to the start every time. Offline, the game will only allow me to play with a temporary profile.
I've only just looked at ODST, and given up in disgust. That game recognises my Xbox profile, but still won't allow me to restore campaign progress after quitting the game. In the case of both games, I've been using the 'save and quit option' to leave the game. They're just not having it.
This is EXTREMELY frustrating. The campaigns are where it's at for me. PLEASE fix this if you can, 343. These games and their stories are too big and too good to be hamstrung with a requirement to be always online just to save progress - whether intentionally imposed or not.
I'm having an issue playing backwards compatible period. I contacted Microsoft 4 times. They can't find out what's wrong. I do have a disc copy of h3. It starts up, then say error on recovery of profile. I wait until h3 loads up, then try to use dashboard to sign in or recover. No luck. Same. Error. Can't recover. No option to even put in info to recover. I have gold, Xbox 1 games work just fine. Only option that pops up in the menu is recover profile. I went through so many trouble shooting techniques several times.https://youtu.be/5TueKIeDb_I
K wrote:
To download all of the DLC, you must:

1) Start Halo 3
2) Push the Start Button on your Controller
3) Click "MarketPlace"
4) Find and Download: "Heroic", "Legendary", "Cold Storage", "Mythic", "Mythic II" Map Pack.

Aside from that, I'm having an issue. My XBL account is a gold account, however, for the ranked playlists, I am seeing an error message saying "This playlist is restricted to Xbox LIVE Gold members only" :(
When I do that it tells me I need to go into 'Manage game' and install from there. And that's what I did. Still no maps showing up in game
I did the same thing and had to exit my current session once the downloads finished. They are several hundred MB.
Never would i ever have thought i'd run into the legendary Ken on waypoint. Herro 8)
I have a disc copy of Halo CE and on the first mission just before you get to captain keys the music starts repeating and once you reach keys the screen goes white and it just stays that way . I don't know what this is I have tried restarting the game but nothing works.
I'm having problems with the achievements not showing up for CEA. (How Pedestrian, Completion for the level Halo, All According to Plan). After I got "Pillar of Autumn" (Mission 1)and "No Fly Zone" on (Mission 2 (Halo)) none of the achievements show up. They pop in the game but don't show on Waypoint or TA. I hard booted and still nothing... Seems to be a Syncing problem...Any suggestions?
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 3 digital
3. While playing co-op between back-compat and Xbox 360 consoles (in my case, host was Xbox One, others were 360), some levels are unable to be played as upon reaching certain checkpoints in certain levels, it spits out "An error occurred while playing co-op campaign. Restart at the last mission point to continue." and doing so just gives the same error at the same checkpoints. So far this has only happened between mission start and RP Alpha on Tsavo Highway, The Storm, and The Ark (we haven't made it through The Ark and beyond yet). Occurs over Xbox Live and System Link, and all but me have disks. All games play fine in singleplayer, and all disks are in good condition (where applicable).
My achievements for ranking up to sergant and beating basic training won’t unlock?
I can't download items from my own file share (Halo 3, disc). It just says the downloads are queued.
I need help none of that halo 3 achievements work!!!!!!
bencerda1 wrote:
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 3 digital
3. While playing co-op between back-compat and Xbox 360 consoles (in my case, host was Xbox One, others were 360), some levels are unable to be played as upon reaching certain checkpoints in certain levels, it spits out "An error occurred while playing co-op campaign. Restart at the last mission point to continue." and doing so just gives the same error at the same checkpoints. So far this has only happened between mission start and RP Alpha on Tsavo Highway, The Storm, and The Ark (we haven't made it through The Ark and beyond yet). Occurs over Xbox Live and System Link, and all but me have disks. All games play fine in singleplayer, and all disks are in good condition (where applicable).
I have the exact same issue! I think it’s related to vehicles spawning since maps like Sierra 117, Floodgate, and Cortana all work fine...
Glad to see this post!

I'm having an issue in Halo 3 with the DLC. I have halo 3 on disk and I have downloaded and installed all DLC,
Heroic
Legendary
Mythic
Mythic 2
And cold storage.

But I can't play any playlist requiring all DLC as it tells me "One or more players do not have the required DLC". I've tried reinstalling the game and DLC, even reset my xbox but still having the same issue. In the custom games menu, only heroic maps and cold storage appear.
Lads! I think I've solved it, for me anyway. If you use external storage for your games, the dlc will only work if it is installed on the xbox. You can still keep and play your games on the external storage, just move the map packs to internal
Raints wrote:
bencerda1 wrote:
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 3 digital
I have the exact same issue! I think it’s related to vehicles spawning since maps like Sierra 117, Floodgate, and Cortana all work fine...
Seems likely, although The Ark we had issues from the beginning (first checkpoint after you hop off the pelicans) as well as Halo before Rally Point Alpha (where there are no vehicles until after alpha). Seem to be having a similar issue with Halo 4 on Disk, but I need to do some more testing to narrow it down, because it is far more inconsistent.
I don't know if it's just me but I keep running into lag switchers (I'm thinking) everything is fine I'm winning no lag at all thenn all the sudden everyone is running into the wall and we go from a lead to them beating us by 30+ kills sooo what's up with that?
on halo 3 sorry
I was having a big issue. when I logged on the first time I checked my armor (i had damn near all of it) and I realized some of it was gone. all my Hayabusa armor and my EOD shoulders were missing. It was also weird because it showed I havent even completed the campaign yet when if you look at my achievements I have completed it on legendary. is anyone having this issue? I am genuinely confused
I'm having an issue with Halo 3 (Base game, not the multiplayer ODST disk)
I have the disk
The issue is I can't play the ranked playlist, but the social playlists work fine. I'm sharing the Gold benefits with a friend, and other forums had said that it's because of the Gold sharing, and people sharing Gold benefits can't play ranked.
If you could fix the issue, I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time,

-RADARWITHCHEEZE
No one has addressed my issue yet.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6