Back-Compat Issues?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
Halo 3 BC was fun for all of 48 hours. The game is plagued with host booters and modders. Cheating is so rampant that 90% of playlists are unplayable. 343 should at least address this, as this is a highly problematic circumstance that renders Halo 3 BC entirely pointless.
I have a lot of old film clips saved on Halo 3 from 2007 and I wanted to watch them again on my Xbox One X and possibly record a few for YouTube. However a lot of the film clips don't work anymore on the backwards compatible versions of Halo 3 on both the Xbox One and Xbox One X. When I play the film clip, it gets a third of the way through and then displays an error and won't continue. I've tried this on both the regular and mythic versions of Halo 3 but it's the same result. Other people downloading it from my fileshare have the same results too.

The film clips do still work fine on the Xbox 360 versions of Halo 3 but I was really hoping to watch the film clips again in the upgraded version of Halo 3 on the Xbox One X. Does anyone have some suggestions for how to fix this issue and get the film clips to work on the Xbox One? Thanks!
Halo 3 on my new XBOX One X has a serious graphics issue. I've used both a 1080p and a new TCL 55p605 UHD TV, and the screen looks like an old TV with bad reception, diagonal sparkles all over the screen wherever the live game is running. Menus overlaying the animation do not have the sparkles. No issues with COD WWII or Halo 5, only Halo 3. I have both the original disk, and the digital download, uninstalled and reinstalled, and issue remains. I called XBOX support, and they couldn't help and told me to contact the developer. You might be able to see a screencapture via this link: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/screenshot/4a78e97e-e858-43c3-af18-ba7a30ac6cb5?gamertag=Raptor%2061&scid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
ske7ch wrote:
Hi folks - We're super excited to finally be able to play the remaining Xbox 360 Halo titles on our Xbox Ones with the big release yesterday. We've seen scattered reports of players encountering various issues with different aspects of these latest back-compat titles which I'm hoping to collect here in this thread.

The Xbox back-compat team has worked hard to bring this to fruition, and it's ultimately their project, but we'd like to help them keep track of reported problems and issues that players are encountering.

If you have run into any issues with Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4, or Halo CE: Anniversary back-compat on Xbox One, please post in this thread and let us know and we'll pass it along. Please provide as much detail as possible.

1. Which game are you having an issue with?
2. Did you purchase digitally or install from disc? (and which disc in the case of the Halo 3 MP disc that came with ODST vs. the base Halo 3 disc)
3. What exactly is the issue you're encountering? Please be as specific as possible and include any steps you've already taken to try and remedy these issues.

Please note that the 343 team has no direct ability to address these issues but will continue to work closely with our partners and make sure any problems are brought to their attention. If/when we get any new information or solutions to reported issues we'll update this thread.

We're thrilled to see so much excitement for these back-compat releases and we thank you for your support of Halo!
halo 3 servers have been offline for 2 days
I don't like xbox one's back-compact, it feels like I am at a disadvantage. Never raged before so hard on just trying to play. Feels sluggish and choppy.
Halo 3

It says : "Matchmaking requires an Xbox LIVE Membership with permission to play multiplayer over LIVE" even tho i have Gold with my account.

What should i do ?
Halo 3

It says : "Matchmaking requires an Xbox LIVE Membership with permission to play multiplayer over LIVE" even tho i have Gold with my account.

What should i do ?
Do you have gold specifically on your account? Because backwards compatible games do not support Xbox Live Gold sharing like Xbox One games would. Basically, if someone is sharing their Gold membership with you (signing into your console and setting it as their home console), that only works within Xbox One games, whereas Xbox 360 titles in backwards compatibility are just emulated environments of an Xbox 360. So, backwards compatible games act as if they are on a 360, which doesn't support gold sharing.
Why do not I win exp? I left Halo 3 a couple of years ago and it does not let me win xp 5 games in a row nothing
what about the aim bot/ super jumping players in the servers?
Its difficult to enjoy Halo 3 when there are cheaters breaking the game. Is there way of getting rid if these players using aim bot mods?
I'm having frame rate issues while playing multiplayer on the digital download. I'm playing on the Xbox one x and downloaded the enhanced halo 3 version.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7