Back-Compat Issues?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9
In order to get Halo 3: ODST, do i have to have a physical disc to play it, because I've been trying to buy it on the Microsoft Store but it says I can't
I have had this issue for the past two - three weeks. My friend is playing on Xbox One (original release Xbox One), and I am playing on Xbox 360. We both recently bought Halo 1: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 3, and tonight Halo 4. All of them digitally purchased. As all are backwards compatible, we figured we would start out with Halo Combat Evolved. We have played other games that are backwards compatible (Left 4 Dead 2, Black Ops 2, etc) and have never had any issues with connection status, Xbox Live itself, etc. When we first started Halo Combat Evolved we randomly would get an error that read "An error occured while playing co-op campaign. Please try again later." At first we thought it might be some kind of connection issue so we both reset our routers, re-downloaded our profiles, our games, etc. This did not fix it. We would play some missions and be fine, but 90% of the time it would give us that error message then kick us out of the game. We then purchased Halo 3 to play together. This also gave us the same issues. We were getting frustrated so we went to google. It turns out that a lot of people are having this issue, but there has been no solution. We purchased Halo 4 tonight, thinking maybe since it's a bit newer it would be different. It was not. It gave us an error message "You have lost connection to the other players in the game. Please try again later." It did that on every mission we started. We then tried Left 4 Dead 2 and Black Ops 2, and it did not give us any error messages. It is obviously a Halo series issue. I already contacted Microsoft regarding this, and they basically said it was an in-game issue and that the developers are aware of it. The only solution Microsoft gave me was to request a refund for the games (which they didn't even after I explained this whole ordeal). The only Halo game we don't have this issue on is Halo Reach. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Reach being backwards compatible before the other Halos were released or what. I realize that this thread originally started in 2017 and I was able to see that loads of people are having similar issues. Anything that can be said again or any help would be much appreciated. All I want to do is play Halo with a friend.

Thank you
My halo 3 campaign on xbox360 was reset like i never played the game ,and any changes i made like campaign progress.colors emblem or multiplayer character keep reverting back(eg )i was in a forge game as an elite i died came back as a spartan i have a video clip of it in my Halo 3 file share.
Honestly when mcc first came out i wasnt interested in it due to the fact how broken it was but iv got it now and im glad microsoft is fixin these things, i hope they can shorten the time to find a game
Glad to see this post!

I'm having an issue in Halo 3 with the DLC. I have halo 3 on disk and I have downloaded and installed all DLC,
Heroic
Legendary
Mythic
Mythic 2
And cold storage.

But I can't play any playlist requiring all DLC as it tells me "One or more players do not have the required DLC". I've tried reinstalling the game and DLC, even reset my xbox but still having the same issue. In the custom games menu, only heroic maps and cold storage appear.
Are you playing splitscreen?
Glad to see this post!

I'm having an issue in Halo 3 with the DLC. I have halo 3 on disk and I have downloaded and installed all DLC,
Heroic
Legendary
Mythic
Mythic 2
And cold storage.

But I can't play any playlist requiring all DLC as it tells me "One or more players do not have the required DLC". I've tried reinstalling the game and DLC, even reset my xbox but still having the same issue. In the custom games menu, only heroic maps and cold storage appear.
Are you playing splitscreen?
Offline or online - either one
I wish I could assist in these problems .Unfortunately my problems consist of Halo CE, Halo 3, and 4 BC while I'm on 360, and friend is on Xobx one :/ it will randomly kick is out no matter what game, or map .
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9