Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Backward Compatibility? [Now Available]

OP Plastic Hassle

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Could a backward compatible title be released on a Saturday?
Could a backward compatible title be released on a Saturday?
It's a possibility but quite unlikely. I think all releases are done during the working week when most are in work and available for support
so we're getting the maps with these..what about the champion's armor dlc?
From @Havikzz
From a reddit post (@ske7ch343)
We're as eager as you - it's not a matter of holding it to align with Halo 3's anniversary (or any other arbitrary date at this point). Truth is we all want the back-compat titles released ASAP. Currently I believe there's still some back and forth play testing / polish taking place but hopefully we're getting close.

This post was from 15days ago. Hopefully more progress has been made.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6vbe9s/comment/dlzqzwv
From @Havikzz
From a reddit post (@ske7ch343)
We're as eager as you - it's not a matter of holding it to align with Halo 3's anniversary (or any other arbitrary date at this point). Truth is we all want the back-compat titles released ASAP. Currently I believe there's still some back and forth play testing / polish taking place but hopefully we're getting close.

This post was from 15days ago. Hopefully more progress has been made.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6vbe9s/comment/dlzqzwv
Do you actually beleive this?
From @Havikzz
From a reddit post (@ske7ch343)
We're as eager as you - it's not a matter of holding it to align with Halo 3's anniversary (or any other arbitrary date at this point). Truth is we all want the back-compat titles released ASAP. Currently I believe there's still some back and forth play testing / polish taking place but hopefully we're getting close.

This post was from 15days ago. Hopefully more progress has been made.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6vbe9s/comment/dlzqzwv
Do you actually beleive this?
Yes. Why wouldnt I? Oh, because theyve "lied" about things in the past? FFS. Give me a break.
Nooga wrote:
From @Havikzz
From a reddit post (@ske7ch343)
We're as eager as you - it's not a matter of holding it to align with Halo 3's anniversary (or any other arbitrary date at this point). Truth is we all want the back-compat titles released ASAP. Currently I believe there's still some back and forth play testing / polish taking place but hopefully we're getting close.

This post was from 15days ago. Hopefully more progress has been made.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6vbe9s/comment/dlzqzwv
Do you actually beleive this?
Yes. Why wouldnt I? Oh, because theyve "lied" about things in the past? FFS. Give me a break.
Many game companies are very fickle with release dates, and 343 is no exception. But honestly, this game has been among the most requested for BC ever since Microsoft announced the program a few years ago. Do you seriously think it's just a coincidence that "release isn't too much further out" a few weeks before the 10th anniversary???
Nooga wrote:
From @Havikzz
From a reddit post (@ske7ch343)
We're as eager as you - it's not a matter of holding it to align with Halo 3's anniversary (or any other arbitrary date at this point). Truth is we all want the back-compat titles released ASAP. Currently I believe there's still some back and forth play testing / polish taking place but hopefully we're getting close.

This post was from 15days ago. Hopefully more progress has been made.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6vbe9s/comment/dlzqzwv
Do you actually beleive this?
Yes. Why wouldnt I? Oh, because theyve "lied" about things in the past? FFS. Give me a break.
Many game companies are very fickle with release dates, and 343 is no exception. But honestly, this game has been among the most requested for BC ever since Microsoft announced the program a few years ago. Do you seriously think it's just a coincidence that "release isn't too much further out" a few weeks before the 10th anniversary???
Yes. Its not entirely up to 343 when it is released. There is another MS team handling the emulation. If they release it to early, like they did with Reach, then it can and will cause major problems.
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
From @Havikzz
From a reddit post (@ske7ch343)
We're as eager as you - it's not a matter of holding it to align with Halo 3's anniversary (or any other arbitrary date at this point). Truth is we all want the back-compat titles released ASAP. Currently I believe there's still some back and forth play testing / polish taking place but hopefully we're getting close.

This post was from 15days ago. Hopefully more progress has been made.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6vbe9s/comment/dlzqzwv
Do you actually beleive this?
Yes. Why wouldnt I? Oh, because theyve "lied" about things in the past? FFS. Give me a break.
Many game companies are very fickle with release dates, and 343 is no exception. But honestly, this game has been among the most requested for BC ever since Microsoft announced the program a few years ago. Do you seriously think it's just a coincidence that "release isn't too much further out" a few weeks before the 10th anniversary???
Yes. Its not entirely up to 343 when it is released. There is another MS team handling the emulation. If they release it to early, like they did with Reach, then it can and will cause major problems.
True, Nooga, but, it is very likely that the release date is when it is because of MS. Let me explain it, it seems as if MS teams, took so long for Halo 3 Backwards Compat. they decided to churn it out faster than it should be, to get near Sept. 25. The game could have been put on in 2015 or 2016, from it being an adapted port on an engine that is close to Reach's, which, after reach, could with experience after the initial fixes to reach, be released on the program.
it seems that everytime MS/Xbox announces any Backwards Compatibility games they end up delayed. That was the reason they changed the format to only announce games once completed. well it looks like once again they were over enthusiastic and have to make us wait for a unknown extended amount of time now. anyway ever Tuesday and Thursday are a mini Backwards Compatible Christmas that usually ends up with only getting socks & underwear or a lump of coal or even a giant pile of cold and empty nothing.
well crap.
ProNoBro wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
From @Havikzz
From a reddit post (@ske7ch343)
We're as eager as you - it's not a matter of holding it to align with Halo 3's anniversary (or any other arbitrary date at this point). Truth is we all want the back-compat titles released ASAP. Currently I believe there's still some back and forth play testing / polish taking place but hopefully we're getting close.

This post was from 15days ago. Hopefully more progress has been made.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6vbe9s/comment/dlzqzwv
Do you actually beleive this?
Yes. Why wouldnt I? Oh, because theyve "lied" about things in the past? FFS. Give me a break.
Many game companies are very fickle with release dates, and 343 is no exception. But honestly, this game has been among the most requested for BC ever since Microsoft announced the program a few years ago. Do you seriously think it's just a coincidence that "release isn't too much further out" a few weeks before the 10th anniversary???
Yes. Its not entirely up to 343 when it is released. There is another MS team handling the emulation. If they release it to early, like they did with Reach, then it can and will cause major problems.
True, Nooga, but, it is very likely that the release date is when it is because of MS. Let me explain it, it seems as if MS teams, took so long for Halo 3 Backwards Compat. they decided to churn it out faster than it should be, to get near Sept. 25. The game could have been put on in 2015 or 2016, from it being an adapted port on an engine that is close to Reach's, which, after reach, could with experience after the initial fixes to reach, be released on the program.
This is exactly what I'm trying to say...

Tbf, it's a good thing for them to take their time with making h3 backward compatible, since the Reach backward compatibility was pretty bad in terms of performance on the XB1. With that said, they have had literally years to do this as you say. You have to be crazy to think it's just all a huge coincidence that h3 is now gonna be made backwards compatible, right in time for the 10th anniversary of its release...
The new community update has some encouraging news concerning backward compatibility. Apparently the games are very close to being ready to release.
The new community update has some encouraging news concerning backward compatibility. Apparently the games are very close to being ready to release.
Hopefully, they can release it before H3’s anniversary on the 25th.
Quote:
Baby Come Back-compat – Not only is this still a thing, but we're hearing from the Xbox Back-compat team that the time is drawing quite nigh. Stay tuned for more info soon.
well, considering how much beloved by all these particular titles are, I can see why they delayed, they wanted to get it right the first time, avoid the absolute -CENSORED- storm that was reach, cause these are the core games..they NEED to be done right...
Thursday 21st Sep is my guess now.
Yazite wrote:
Thursday 21st Sep is my guess now.
That's a little late. Tuesday, I would hope.
I'd much rather have them take extra time and put out a good product.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3