Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

backward compatibility issues

OP l Reid l

i for sure have xbox live gold on xbox one, expires in a few months. it shows that im silver when signed into the same tag when trying to play halo 3 backwards compatible. ive tried deleting and redowloading the profile with no luck. any suggestions?
l Reid l wrote:
i for sure have xbox live gold on xbox one, expires in a few months. it shows that im silver when signed into the same tag when trying to play halo 3 backwards compatible. ive tried deleting and redowloading the profile with no luck. any suggestions?
Is your account a sub account? Are you using a free trial?

If your account is a sub account or you are using Gold via Family Sharing, it will not work for backwards compatibility to my knowledge.

Your account must be a main account with its own active Gold Membership.
You could always just play it on Xbox 360
I'm not gonna lie, Halo 3 (360 version) is pretty buggy on the Xbox One, especially on my Xbox One X
heard they updated it. was checking to see if it was any better. guess i wont worry too much about it.
l Reid l wrote:
Is your account a sub account? Are you using a free trial?

If your account is a sub account or you are using Gold via Family Sharing, it will not work for backwards compatibility to my knowledge.

Your account must be a main account with its own active Gold Membership.
its the same account ive had for 9 years... not a sub account or a free trial.