Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Best classic halo mission

OP KamilKoz04

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Yap what is in your opinion best classic halo camping mission??( you know halo ce, 2 and 3 and maybe halo 3 odst.)
I’m a huge fan of Cairo Station (2), Delta Halo (2), and The Covenant (3). Hard to pick just one for me!
Classic Halo to me was the originally trilogy so:

HCE:

- Silent Cartographer
- 343 Guilty Spark
- AOTCR

H2:

- Metropolis
- Delta Halo

H3:

- The Ark
- The Covenant
- Halo
Nadesicle wrote:
I’m a huge fan of Cairo Station (2), Delta Halo (2), and The Covenant (3). Hard to pick just one for me!
You don't realy need to pick just one if you think that are in your opinion best mission i can agree for real i like those missions too ;) i realy freaking LOVE the covenant from halo 1 i love truth and reconciliacion (i think i say that wrong) and The Maw (with halo 2 i love those missions but i don't yet played halo 2...OH NO PLZ DON'T HATE!!! I sorry i will play it just i can't find good ofert i live in poland and all i find is Halo wars 2 i just can't find that FREAKING HALO 2) thanks for your opinion ;)
When I think about classic Halo, The Silent Cartographer and Delta Halo come to mind. Then again, all classic Halo is good Halo.
Halo CE: The Pillar of Autumn | 343 Guilty Sparks | The Library | The Maw
Halo 2: Gravemind | Uprising | The Great Journey
Halo 3: The Ark | The Covenant | Cortana (Atmosphere) | Halo
Halo 3 ODST: Hard to decide. Maybe Coastal Highway and the mission where we pilot a Banshee
Halo Reach: Tip of the Spear | Long Night of Solace | The Pillar or Autumn

So, yeah, my favorite missions are the hardest.
EDIT: I just noticed. The first mission of the first Bungie Halo game is named Pillar of Autumn, but so is the final mission of the final Bungie Halo game Halo Reach. Puzzling
KamilKoz04 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
dot
You don't realy need to pick just one if you think that are in your opinion best mission i can agree for real i like those missions too ;) i realy freaking LOVE the covenant from halo 1 i love truth and reconciliacion (i think i say that wrong) and The Maw (with halo 2 i love those missions but i don't yet played halo 2...OH NO PLZ DON'T HATE!!! I sorry i will play it just i can't find good ofert i live in poland and all i find is Halo wars 2 i just can't find that FREAKING HALO 2) thanks for your opinion ;)
Me neither, so I had to use... other methods *insert lenny face here*
My personal Favorites from Ce-Halo 3

Halo Ce-
  • Halo
  • Assault of the Control Room
  • The Maw
  • Truth & Reconciliation
  • The Pillar of Autumn
Halo 2-
  • The whole Campaign story cause I'm a passionate Halo 2 fan
Halo 3-
  • The Ark
  • Crows Nest
  • Floodgate
  • Cortana cause Spooky :P
  • The Storm
Assault on the Control Room from Combat Evolved. Hands down one of the funnest missions in the entire franchise. I also enjoy Two Betrayals, and Cairo Station from Halo 2, because it's one of the few Chief missions without any Jackal Snipers. I'll be honest, I don't hate Halo 2, but I really am not its biggest fan either.
Halo CE: The silent cartographer
Halo 2: Uprising
Halo 3: The covenant, Halo
Halo 3 odst: Coastal highway
Halo reach: The pillar of autumn
Halo CE: The Silent Cartographer.
Halo 3: the Covenant
Halo CE: Silent Cartographer/Halo
Halo 2: Cairo Station/Delta Halo
Halo 3: The Covenant/Halo
Halo 3: ODST: NMPD HQ/Data Hive
Halo: Reach: Tip of the Spear/ONI Sword Base
CE: The Maw
2: Uprising
3: Sierra 117
Reach: Long Night of Solace.

These missions may not have everything to make them "the best" but they are some of my personal favorites for how I feel about em. Overall what was happening in the story at these times
CE: The Maw
Lot's of great memories on that level
My all-time faverioute Halo mission has to be the ark, the silent cartographer is good, but its falls just short. Attempting to noscope at the start, cruising through town on the warthog. The Forward unto dawn landing and tank beats everything. The Scarab, the glitiching when you die or even the dead scarab glitch. Fighting with 343 hiding without him trying to kill you or being a pain in the neck was also pretty nice.
This is not even a debate:

Halo CE: The Silent Cartographer

Halo 2: Metropolis

Halo 3: The Ark

Halo 3 ODST: ONI Alpha Site

Halo Reach: Exodus

Debate, I like Assault on the Control Room and I easily take that mission over The Silent Cartographer.

The famous island get a huge hype boost, a non-linear style and a good music near the end of the mission but that's all, there is not enough stuff to put the mission at the level of AotCR and Two Betrayals but I like to play that mission anyway, it's just I replayed the great snow mission so many times and in different ways, I can't say that for The Silent Cartographer.

Assault on the Control Room get more stuff :

• all vehicles in the game, Ghost, Warthog, Scorpion (unique) , Wraith, Spirit, Pelican and Banshee
  • all weapons but one, the shotgun
  • on-foot and vehicle action is balanced, playing the mission without one is perfectly doable as the game give you enough rocket and sniper rifle ammo on the way
  • almost all Covenant enemies in the game, lacking the spec ops, probably the mission with the highest Hunter count also, like 10
  • Perchance to Dream is only heard in that mission, doubling with 'light' version and the music known as The Lost Muse (and the other, hidden music too)
  • a decent number of Marines with various weapons, assault rifle, sniper rifle, plasma rifle and Needler
For a mission that's mostly for vehicles, I tend to play it without using one, I don't know why there is so much ammo around, you don't even need it since the tank can kill everything up to the twin bridge part which is the end of the main vehicle action but at least it's available and give a better replay value.

Two Betrayals leave the Scorpion and Marines behind and add the Flood, Sentinels, the shotgun and the unusable fuel rod gun, unlike AotCR, trying to play the mission on-foot is a lot harder because the ammo is lacking (if you ignore the Banshee and only use it to move) .

Metropolis is tied with Delta Halo for me but I prefer Quarantine Zone, my favourite mission that is second to none, any Halo included, reasons are similar to AotCR.

I take vehicle missions very high, my top 3 is Oni: Sword Base, Tip of the Spear and The Package, none is above another but Exodus is good, perfect to put the plasma pistol on the spot, I think I got that weapon as tool of destruction on co-op campaign one day, without dying once and on legendary on the top of that.

Then the Falcon part come... ugh, randomness strike again.

I submit, highly Oracle.