Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Best soundtrack/music

OP Tenth doctor010

When we play through missons in each halo game
there will be music will be playing to convey the feeling of that mission. So I was wondering which halo game has the best soundtrack/music?
Ohhhh! I can't exactly say which one is my favourite as there's multiple soundtracks I love from the classics.

I'll say (for now) Rock Anthem For Saving the World from CE is my favourite as it pumps the adrenaline in my bloodstream and makes feel like a total badass when I run 'n gun.
The use of the piano in H3’s soundtrack is so fire. Halo 3’s music is just epic
Halo 2 during the last part of Gravemind. (Blow me Away)
or
Wondering the streets of New Mombasa. (Neon Night)
Cmacaveli wrote:
The use of the piano in H3’s soundtrack is so fire. Halo 3’s music is just epic
Om going to have to aggree with Cmacaveli im currently play H3 right know and it is awsome😁
Well, I enjoy soundtracks on each Halo where o'donnell has been involved (that is the Halo games from Halo: Combat Evolved to Halo: Reach, excluding Halo: Wars which had pretty good but not as good soundtracks). The best soundtracks overall (or even singular best one) would be hard to name but if i would have to vote then perhaps overall in Halo 2.
Torn between H3 and ODST both are amazing!
halo 2,3, and 3 ODST will always stick with me. Honestly halo 3 ODST is amazing. Halo 2 soundtrack is the most unique for me. Halo 3 hits home with the old memory’s and halo3 ODST makes me feel like a ODST
Ohhhh! I can't exactly say which one is my favourite as there's multiple soundtracks I love from the classics.

I'll say (for now) Rock Anthem For Saving the World from CE is my favourite as it pumps the adrenaline in my bloodstream and makes feel like a total badass when I run 'n gun.
Marty O'Donnell and the Rock Anthem for Saving the World!!! The first time I heard it was Nov. 15th 2001, my buddy and I co-opted from 6AM (when we got home after waiting all night for the release) until 8PM or so. We made it to 343 Guilty Spark before I was passing out. My Mom let me skip school and game, what a day bro! Probably nostalgia speaking here (and I never completed a campaign other than CE), but my vote is CE. If you love Halo music by the way you should try to track down the Myth and Myth II soundtracks. They are also by Marty O'Donnell and are both excellent. I have never played either game, but the music is incredible.
Halo 2’s is hands down my favorite. The Anniversary version made it even better in my mind. It fit perfectly with the new graphics. However, that being said, every game’s music enhances the gameplay and story more than I’ve ever experienced in any other game, except maybe Doom 2016.
In my opinion the one of Halo 3 was epic and wonderful, he submerged it directly in the game
Halo 3: ODST's by far had the best soundtrack.
My favourite was The Last Spartan, played in the menu of Halo 2.
I also like Atonement (Halo 4 menu) and the Halo 3 final Warthog run (can't remember the name of it now).
They're all fantastic! It's hard to pick just one. I'll forever love the CE soundtrack because that was the beginning of everything
I think it varies from game to game, as each one has at least a handful of tracks that are all equal in terms of beauty relative to each other. I guess it depends on my mood. I adore the soundtrack to Reach, and I love how Halo 2 has a hard rock feel to its most epic tracks, but I also find Combat Evolved to be the most consistent in tone. Halo 3 is pretty good overall, and I do like the music from the Anniversary editions of HCE and H2, although HCEA's score is a mixed bag. Some tracks are fantastic, while others feel wrong because of horrible timing in certain places, like Brothers In Arms or Dust And Echoes, which were two of my favorite tracks in Combat Evolved. Thankfully, the people working on Halo 2 Anniversary seemed to have learned from the mistakes of HCEA. In fact, I would probably rank H2A as my favorite soundtrack if not for one... teeny... tiny... little... issue.

Can you guess what it is?

Here's a clue.

"You might want to sit this one out." - Cortana, Mausoleum fight, Gravemind.

The lack of Blow Me Away in the Anniversary Edition's soundtrack. The music they replaced it with is decent for what it is, but... it just doesn't feel right without Blow Me Away in the background. The fact that I have to switch back to Classic Graphics to hear that track makes it all the more frustrating for me, because the rest of the H2A soundtrack is so superbly orchestrated and conducted.

So, in the end, I would have to say that it's a tie between all of the classic and Anniversary games. If it weren't for the lack of Blow Me Away, however, Halo 2 Anniversary would be my number one favorite.
H3 finish the fight!
They're honestly all so good and it's really hard to choose. If I were to pick just the Soundtrack it probably would go:
  1. Halo 2
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo 4
  4. Halo CE
  5. Halo ODST
  6. Halo Wars 2
  7. Halo Wars
  8. Halo Reach
  9. Halo 5 (basically just rehashed music from classic and Halo 4)
Honestly all are so good it's really hard to pick. Top 5 favourite songs probably would be:

1. Halo 2 Theme
  2. Halo 3 - Finish the Fight
  3. Halo 4 - Nemesis
  4. Halo Wars 2 - Spirit of Fire Theme
  5. Halo 3 - Never Forget
Next one would have been Halo 3 theme but as I've said it's very hard to choose
Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 2 are my personal favorites.
Halo 3 and Halo 2 Anniversary soundtracks are just awesome and epic songs, my favorites of all time.
I enjoy CE music the best.
Thx for post