Best to Worst Halo Games scored

OP oDjento

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Just curious to what everyones favourite Halo Games are from best to worst. Here's mine:

1st - Halo: Reach
2nd - Halo 3
3rd - Halo 2
4th - Halo 3: ODST
5th - Halo: CE
6th - Halo 4
7th - Halo Wars
8th - Halo 5
9th - Halo Spartan Strike
10th - Halo Spartan Assault

I haven't played Halo Wars 2 yet so I can't rank it. Leave your best to worst below!
1.) Halo 2
2.) Halo CE
3.) Halo 3
4.) Halo 4
5.) Halo Reach
6.) Halo Wars
7.) Halo Wars 2
8.) Halo 5

These are the only games I'm going to do. I'm going to include Halo 3 ODST with Halo 3.
I'm only going to rank the core FPS titles.
1) Halo 3
2) Halo 2
3) Halo 5
4) Halo CE
5) Halo Reach
6) Halo 4
Halo CE=Halo 2= Halo Wars=Halo 3=Halo: ODST=Halo: REACH=Halo 4=Halo 5=Halo Wars 2

I couldn't help it, they are all good games and my favorite video game series. To say that some are worst then others would dishonor my respect for such a lineage. Haha.
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo 5
Thats just ranking the FPS games
1.) Halo 2
2.) Halo CE
3.) Halo 3
4.) Halo 4
5.) Halo Reach
6.) Halo Wars
7.) Halo Wars 2
8.) Halo 5

These are the only games I'm going to do. I'm going to include Halo 3 ODST with Halo 3.
VexHax wrote:
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo 5
Just curious but how come you's like Halo 4 more than Reach? Not saying you two are wrong to, just interested in why, as I've noticed a lot of people rating Halo Reach quite low whilst it's actually my favourite! :)
1st - Halo 3
2nd - Halo Reach
3rd - Halo Wars 2
4th - Halo 2
5th - Halo Wars
6th - Halo 4
7th - Halo 3: ODST
8th - Halo CE (I was not even born during this games reign as truly groundbreaking as it was, nevertheless it's a great game that brought on an even better franchise)
9th - Halo 5

I don't count Spartan Strike and Spartan Assault as Halo games...
oDjento wrote:
Just curious to what everyones favourite Halo Games are from best to worst. Here's mine:

1st - Halo: Reach
2nd - Halo 3
3rd - Halo 2
4th - Halo 3: ODST
5th - Halo: CE
6th - Halo 4
7th - Halo Wars
8th - Halo 5
9th - Halo Spartan Strike
10th - Halo Spartan Assault

I haven't played Halo Wars 2 yet so I can't rank it. Leave your best to worst below!
Actually I would just like to point out here ^ that I did not play Halo CE in its prime when it first came out, I experienced it through Halo Anniversary. Therefore I can appreciate its iconology and importance to the series but didn't feel as impactful or as entertaining as other Halo games I had played. Still think its great though, old school Halo feel :)
In terms of campaign and overall amazingness:
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 4
  • Halo CE
  • Everything else
In terms of multiplayer:
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 3
  • Everything else
I haven't played Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike, or Spartan Assault so I can't really comment on those.
oDjento wrote:
1.) Halo 2
2.) Halo CE
3.) Halo 3
4.) Halo 4
5.) Halo Reach
6.) Halo Wars
7.) Halo Wars 2
8.) Halo 5

VexHax wrote:
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo 5
Just curious but how come you's like Halo 4 more than Reach? Not saying you two are wrong to, just interested in why, as I've noticed a lot of people rating Halo Reach quite low whilst it's actually my favourite! :)
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Reach, I've been playing a lot of it lately! However I've just had more awesome moments with Halo 4 if that makes any sense! I actually quite love Halo 4!
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 2
3. Halo Reach
4. Halo CE
5. Halo 4
6. Halo 5

The gap from Halo 4 to Halo 5 is substantial
oDjento wrote:
1.) Halo 2
2.) Halo CE
3.) Halo 3
4.) Halo 4
5.) Halo Reach
6.) Halo Wars
7.) Halo Wars 2
8.) Halo 5

VexHax wrote:
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo 5
I enjoy the multiplayer a lot more and I just have a lot more time on it. On my old account I have like 300 hours and I'm max rank so I just got more experience in Halo 4 than reach. However I do love Halo reach's soundtrack and the story is really good. I don't know if its like 4 more than reach it's more like I like them equally
VexHax wrote:
oDjento wrote:
1.) Halo 2
2.) Halo CE
3.) Halo 3
4.) Halo 4
5.) Halo Reach
6.) Halo Wars
7.) Halo Wars 2
8.) Halo 5

VexHax wrote:
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo 5
I enjoy the multiplayer a lot more and I just have a lot more time on it. On my old account I have like 300 hours and I'm max rank so I just got more experience in Halo 4 than reach. However I do love Halo reach's soundtrack and the story is really good. I don't know if its like 4 more than reach it's more like I like them equally
I had much more fun with Halo 4s multiplayer than I do with Halo 5. Halo 4 had a great casual aspect to it and I enjoyed that. Halo 5 is almost strictly competitive and that just really turns me off :(
1. Halo 2
2. Halo CE
3. Halo 4
4. Halo 5
5. Halo Reach
6. Halo 3

Yes, I'm the guy that hates Halo 3. I came in to the franchise on the tale end of CE, Halo 2 is my gold standard. From there I judge the games pretty much strictly on how the weapons "feel", especially the sniper rifle. While many of the maps in Halo 3 are fantastic, I just can't get over the shoddy hit detection of the BR, and don't even get me started on the randomness of the sniper.
  1. Halo CE
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo 2
  4. Halo 4
  5. Halo Reach
  6. Halo Wars
  7. Halo 3: ODST
  8. Spartan Assault
  9. Halo 5
That includes the ones I've played, although I never owned Halo 5, dissimilar to the other games on this list.
Depends if you look from the campaign or the multiplayer point of view, you'll get different answers from the same person...

Halo campaings :

1. Halo CE
2. Halo 3
3. Halo 2
4. Halo : Reach
5: Halo 3 ODST
6. Halo 4
7. Halo 5

Halo Multiplayer :

1. Halo 3 (also called "the father of all games")
2. Halo 2
3. Observing an old fart washing his parking with a hose
4. Dropping cold water on a grumpy cat
5. Halo 5
6. Halo 4
7. Halo : REACH
  1. Halo Reach
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo 2
  4. Halo Wars
  5. Halo 3 ODST
  6. Halo 4
  7. Halo CE
  8. Halo 5
  9. 'Spartan' Games
  10. Halo Wars 2
Dont get me wrong, they are all brilliant games and none are overall considerably 'bad'. This list was recently re-evaluated after just playing all the multiplayers today.

And damn. I must of had a terrible first time with Halo 3, because playing it today was hella fun, pushed it up a few slots. Halo Reach was my most played game, ever, and Halo 2 was there just for nostalgia.

Halo Wars, ODST and 4 are all pretty equal to me, they each brought interesting characters and elements to the table of the Haloverse and had enjoyable multiplayer.
CE and 5 are the black sheep, both very fun but one feels really really slow and the other just feels out-of-place. After playing the classic games, Halo 5 seemed to feel very wrong.

The mobile games were enjoyable, Spartan Assualt specifically with its flood co-op mode on the Xbox One.
Halo Wars 2 on the other hand I found to be lack-luster. The characters are probably the best introduced by 343 and the game is really pretty but it ends there; the story was very meh (despite it's ending) I found the multiplayer to be based more around powers than the armies which meant that if you wanted to successfully use your army you had to do a ridiculous amount of micro-managing which is very tedious with a controller. I just really didn't enjoy Halo Wars 2.
Jasux wrote:
Depends if you look from the campaign or the multiplayer point of view, you'll get different answers from the same person...

Halo campaings :

1. Halo CE
2. Halo 3
3. Halo 2
4. Halo : Reach
5: Halo 3 ODST
6. Halo 4
7. Halo 5

Halo Multiplayer :

1. Halo 3 (also called "the father of all games")
2. Halo 2
3. Observing an old farth washing his parking with a hose
4. Dropping cold water on a grumpy cat
5. Halo 5
6. Halo 4
7. Halo : REACH
You Really thought Reach was that bad? And when I meant ranking I guess I kinda meant as an overall product; Campaign, Multiplayer, customisation, Forge, Firefight/Spartan Ops, Theater, Additional extras like skulls etc, but putting it into separate for Campaign and Multiplayer makes sense as people play the games for different reasons sometimes. Also ranked on which games have splitscreen and which ones don't, not naming any names....
I'm bored at work, so i got a little carried away.

Strictly based on the ONLINE FPS multiplayer aspect, (I never played much CE multiplayer) :

1. Halo 3 - The perfect game. The best art style of any other Halo. The equipment was a fun addition, but didn't stray too far from the previous title. Vehicle combat at its best, fun but not over powered. AMAZING MAP DESIGN... not only did these maps play well, but they are gorgeous to look at. The only title I would be happy to drop Halo 5 forever to go play. One last small detail: The post-game "party up" function... what happened to that? I thought that was a smart feature.

2. Halo 2 - This game paved the way for all of the great competitive multiplayer games we've been playing for the last 10 years. In my opinion, this is basically an Older Version of what we know as Halo 3. Enough said.

3. Halo 5 - I honestly think this is a decent multiplayer. I think it was a good move to ditch custom loadouts and armor abilities. Some people will disagree, but I prefer everyone to start with the exact same loadout. SPRINT & CLAMBER... I'm not crazy about it, but I get it. 343 can't just build the same game that Bungie created and call it their own. They have to make some changes. Now for some things I absolutely hate. SHOULDER CHARGE- obviously. MAP DESIGN & ROTATION- most of the maps are boring as hell and we play the same ones over and over again. PLAYLISTS- first off, create KOTH. Then add it, Assault and Oddball to team Arena. That seems obvious to me. Next, why is Team Doubles only slayer? Give me some objective in there. POWER WEAPON COUNTDOWNS- Knowing where weapons are and when they're coming back is what separates the men from the boys. I don't want the timers on screen.

4. Halo Reach - Hated armor abilities & loadout

5 Halo 4 - Hated armor abilities, loadouts, AND whatever they called the requisition system
1. ODST (unpopular opinion)
2. H3
3. Halo Wars
4. Reach
5. H4
6.H2
7. CE
8. Spartan Assault

im not counting halo wars 2 because i haven't played it yet.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8