2) CE (Original)
3)H2
4)H3
5)Halo Wars 1+2
6)H4
7) ODST
8)Halo 5

Been playing Halo since 2001.

I sincerely think and feel H5 is the most disappointing Halo game.
I don't think the series can get any worse, but 343 will somehow find a way.
1) Reach
2) CE (Original)
3)H2
4)H3
5)Halo Wars 1+2
6)H4
7) ODST
8)Halo 5

Been playing Halo since 2001.

I sincerely think and feel H5 is the most disappointing Halo game.
I don't think the series can get any worse, but 343 will somehow find a way.
Two words: Wall Running!!!
Halo 3's multiplayer is bland, boring, and outdated I can't understand how people thought it was fun is beyond me like was 2007 the tucking dark ages of gaming was there nothing to play at the time?
OH MY PRECURSOR. if this guy is not joking then i need you to reply to this comment and tell me pleas tell me what was so bad about Halo 3. also if you want to find the dark ages then take a look at 2018 Halo 5's story was a joke along with Halo 4's. but in terms of gameplay 4 and 5 is good in my opinion, but... if you are basing this off the Halo 3 aniversary playlist in Halo 5.............................................. and i would also like to know what Halo you started on and when you started playing that.
oDjento wrote:
Just curious to what everyones favourite Halo Games are from best to worst. Here's mine:

1st - Halo: Reach
2nd - Halo 3
3rd - Halo 2
4th - Halo 3: ODST
5th - Halo: CE
6th - Halo 4
7th - Halo Wars
8th - Halo 5
9th - Halo Spartan Strike
10th - Halo Spartan Assault

I haven't played Halo Wars 2 yet so I can't rank it. Leave your best to worst below!
  1. halo combat evolved
  2. Halo 2
  3. Halo reach
  4. Halo 3 odst
  5. Halo 4
  6. Halo 3
  7. Halo 5
1. Halo 2
2. Halo 1
3. Halo Reach
4. Halo 3 ODST
5. Halo 3
6. Halo 5
7. Halo 4
CAMPAIGN
1. Halo 3: ODST - Wow. The music score is the best I've ever heard in any video game, movie, television show, or anything, period. The setting was beautiful because of how desolate it was, especially considering that the story takes place immediately after the level "Metropolis" from Halo 2. It was surreal to think that you're playing as this random ODST back on Earth while Master Chief is in a far galaxy chasing Truth. The use of flashback memories to tell the story of the other characters was genius. When I played it the first time, I was speechless because it was THAT good.
2. Halo 3 - The story was amazing, the music score is great, and it was so much fun to be able to play four-player co-op with friends.
3. Halo: CE - Iconic. I've played the campaign so much, especially during the Dark Age before Xbox Live.
4. Halo: Reach - Great all-around. I became emotionally involved in the characters. Playing this made me appreciate Halo: CE even more.
5. Halo 2 - The story itself is underrated. The campaign isn't nearly as amazing as what was originally planned; however, it's still enjoyable.
6. Halo 4 - I understood why Prometheans were the new enemy but I wasn't excited. It took multiple playthroughs and outside information to have an idea of what was going on.
7. Halo 5: Guardians - One of the worst campaigns of any video game I've ever played.

MULTIPLAYER
1. Halo 2 - My first experience on Xbox Live and easily my favorite almost twelve years later. This is in a class of it's own. I would be playing it regularly if it were still online.
2. Halo 3 - Over a decade later, I still play the game regularly (MCC) and every now and then I'll play a few matches (original). I'll never forget how big of a deal it was when there were 1,000,000 people online at the same time, a day or two after launch.
3. Halo: Reach - Even though it wasn't perfect, it was a good experience, especially during it's prime.
4. Halo 4 - Legendary slayer was cool and there were a few good maps but overall was a complete disappointment.
5. Halo 5: Guardians - I was uninterested; thus, I never really got into it. I think it's competitively balanced but it doesn't feel like a true Halo game. The fact the I don't care about this game, rather than hating the game, is a sad reality that I have to accept. I'm unreasonably looking forward to Halo 6 though.
1. Halo 3
2. Halo. CE
3. Halo 2
4. Halo reach
5. Halo 4
6. Halo wars
7. Halo wars 2
8. Halo 5
(Havent played ODST yet so ill include it with 3)
1. Halo 2
2. Halo CE
2. Halo 3
4. Halo 3: ODST
5. Halo: Reach
6. Halo 4
7. Halo 5

I've played Halo since its initial launch (spin offs aside), I still consider Halo 2 the peak of what Halo should be with its match making. I also feel the series has forgotten what made it great sometime after Halo 3, trying to capture fans who play Battlefield and CoD.
Overall rating:
1. Halo Reach
2. Halo 3
3. Halo 2
4. Halo 3 ODST
5. Halo CE
6. Halo 5
7. Halo Wars 2
8. Halo Wars
9. Halo 4 (Tried to forget this title's story, *shiver*)

Note: I have never played Spartan strike or Spartan Assault
The order I first played them in:
1. Halo CE (PC version)
2. Halo 3
3. Halo Reach
4. Halo 3 ODST
5. Halo 4
6. Halo CE Anniversary
7. Halo 2 Anniversary (played it w/MCC)
8. Halo Wars
9. Halo 5
10. Halo Wars 2
Multiplayer Aspect:
1. Halo Reach
2. Halo 3
3. Halo 5
4. Halo 4
5. Halo CE
6. Halo 2
7. Halo Wars 2
8. Halo Wars
9. Halo 3 ODST(Didn't really have a full fledged multiplayer but firefight was a blast)
Campaign Aspect:
1.Halo Reach
2. Halo 3
3. Halo 2
4.Halo 3 ODST
5. Halo 5
6. Halo 4
7. Halo CE
8. Halo Wars 2
9. Halo Wars
I think you need to separate the PC versions, especially for Halo 1. Then you also gotta consider the potential in LANs versus online and Bungie's vision versus balanced/MLG/Classic.

Things like Stat-tracking, ranking model, weapon swapping, map movement, and play smoothness goes to Halo 2 XBox-only.
However, things like consistency and weapon/vehicle sandbox balance goes to Halo CE XBox-only and LAN.
Things like Features, visuals, gameplay variety, and balance "in Bungie's vision" goes to Halo 3.

Then, there's different components like Campaign, Multiplayer, and Firefight so you need to decide how you weight those parts. In my opinion, Multiplayer has the highest weighting by far since you spend the most time there, because Campaign is like a movie you see a few times and never again. The fact that some put ODST higher up even though it didn't have a Multiplayer element is a little strange, unless you only look at the Campaign... or maybe you are considering Halo PC which is a terrible representation of the original (as seen in MCC also)

Also, nobody ever considers the game-breaking parts of the game, like out of the map glitches or lag switching cheaters / host booting and how does it affect online playability. If you take that into consideration, Halo 2 is by far the worst game. Then, if you also add the fact out of the box Bungie's vision was SMG-starts, the most unbalanced Halo has ever been (next to Default Plasma Pistol starts in Halo CE)

If I was to make the ultimate Halo game it would end up being something like this:
Halo 2's og stat-tracking
Halo 2's ranking model but Halo 3's matching algorithm or improved one
Halo 2's og aiming and movement smoothness
Halo CE og Vehicle physics and balance
Halo CE og M6D as either starting weapon or power weapon
Halo 2 og BR as starting weapon only if M6D is not the starting weapon
Halo CE og or Halo 2 Radar on
Halo 2 og Sniper, no-scope, and swipe-sniping
Halo 2 og weapon swapping
Halo CE og player movement, jump height, and crouching
Halo CE map size
Halo 3 Sword
Halo 2 Sword blocking duals
Halo CE og grenade effectiveness
Halo CE or Halo 3 Rocket
Halo 2 Flag juggling
Halo CE og Flag beatdown and carrying ability
Halo CE og or Halo 2 og Melee
Halo CE og classic settings like Flag touch return, etc
Halo 3's gametype creativity
Halo 3's polish out of the box for online playability, but better
No loot boxes or REQ packs
Combination of maps between games
Good bullet registration

I could go on and on, though.
1. Halo Reach - All around great game. Almost every mission in the campaign was unique and interesting. I found playing as Nobel 6 was more interesting than playing as John due to the ability to customise my characters look which made me feel closer to them. I also liked the inclusion of armour abilities instead of the pick ups you could use in Halo 3, it felt more in line with abilities Spartans should have, especially considering they were supposed to be the "upgraded" 3rd generation of Spartans.
2. Halo 3 - Another great game, I waited ages to play it and was not disappointed. A great end to the original trilogy, the only thing holding it back from the top spot was it's lack of interesting gameplay mechanics that makes it less fun to go back to once you have experienced the amazing story.
3. Halo CE - Having played this game when it originally came out, the nostalgia from this game will never get old hence why it is so high on the list.
4. Halo 3: ODST - Added a refreshing new spin to Halo, putting names and faces to the otherwise cannon fodder marines you fight along side as 117. Story was very interestingly told and it's sad that nothing from this game really made it into the other Halo's (would have loved to have joined forces with engineers).
5. Halo 2 - Has some great missions but did not innovate gameplay mechanics.
6. Halo Wars - Enjoyed the game style and story wasn't too bad.
7. Halo 5 - You're telling me those big metal things were throwing grenades at me in Halo 3 Sandtrap? (Return of Buck and newer gameplay mechanics that I didn't 100% hate helps put this above Halo 4)
8. Halo 4 - Meh
9. Halo Wars 2 - Doesn't even deserve to be called Halo with all the ugly designs.

I am mostly rating these games on campaign as I did not play a lot of multiplayer. Halo Reach was the only game I committed to playing online as I enjoyed being able to upgrade my Spartan in campaign (Plus I dominated at SWAT). Halo 3 and Halo Wars would be second and third on my multiplayer list however I have not really played any other Halo games online.

Rant: 343 needs to take Halo back to its roots if it wants to make a Halo game that can top fans lists. I understand they need to set themselves a part but the difference between Halo 5 and Halo 3 is ridiculous, can they not differentiate closer to how Reach and ODST did? And taking away local multiplayer??? Shame 343, shame. Can I just play the campaign of the games and understand them without having to play the Spartan games, watching two moves and reading the comics?
1. Halo 3
2. Halo Wars 2
3. Halo Wars
4. Halo CE
5. Halo 2
6. Halo ODST
7. Halo 5
8. Halo 4
9. Halo Reach
My rankings come from time dedicated. I played H3 more than I'll ever play anything. I really got into Halo when 3 came out so I didn't get the full H2 experience. The RTS games are more my style as I loved Wars 1 and 2 and I love how some 343 developers are so involved in Wars 2 and adjusting the game to make it as balanced as possible. All in all, all great games Even Reach and 4 were great games, I just didn't play them as much as the others.
7) Halo 5: Guardians
6) Halo 4
5) Halo 3: ODST
4) Halo CE
3) Halo: Reach
2) Halo 2
1) Halo 3

Obs.: I haven't played the Halo Wars' series
7) Halo 5: Guardians
6) Halo 4
5) Halo 3: ODST
4) Halo CE
3) Halo: Reach
2) Halo 2
1) Halo 3

Obs.: I haven't played the Halo Wars' series
BM Omicron wrote:
1. Halo Reach - All around great game. Almost every mission in the campaign was unique and interesting. I found playing as Nobel 6 was more interesting than playing as John due to the ability to customise my characters look which made me feel closer to them. I also liked the inclusion of armour abilities instead of the pick ups you could use in Halo 3, it felt more in line with abilities Spartans should have, especially considering they were supposed to be the "upgraded" 3rd generation of Spartans.
2. Halo 3 - Another great game, I waited ages to play it and was not disappointed. A great end to the original trilogy, the only thing holding it back from the top spot was it's lack of interesting gameplay mechanics that makes it less fun to go back to once you have experienced the amazing story.
3. Halo CE - Having played this game when it originally came out, the nostalgia from this game will never get old hence why it is so high on the list.
4. Halo 3: ODST - Added a refreshing new spin to Halo, putting names and faces to the otherwise cannon fodder marines you fight along side as 117. Story was very interestingly told and it's sad that nothing from this game really made it into the other Halo's (would have loved to have joined forces with engineers).
5. Halo 2 - Has some great missions but did not innovate gameplay mechanics.
6. Halo Wars - Enjoyed the game style and story wasn't too bad.
7. Halo 5 - You're telling me those big metal things were throwing grenades at me in Halo 3 Sandtrap? (Return of Buck and newer gameplay mechanics that I didn't 100% hate helps put this above Halo 4)
8. Halo 4 - Meh
9. Halo Wars 2 - Doesn't even deserve to be called Halo with all the ugly designs.

I am mostly rating these games on campaign as I did not play a lot of multiplayer. Halo Reach was the only game I committed to playing online as I enjoyed being able to upgrade my Spartan in campaign (Plus I dominated at SWAT). Halo 3 and Halo Wars would be second and third on my multiplayer list however I have not really played any other Halo games online.

Rant: 343 needs to take Halo back to its roots if it wants to make a Halo game that can top fans lists. I understand they need to set themselves a part but the difference between Halo 5 and Halo 3 is ridiculous, can they not differentiate closer to how Reach and ODST did? And taking away local multiplayer??? Shame 343, shame. Can I just play the campaign of the games and understand them without having to play the Spartan games, watching two moves and reading the comics?
Halo wars 2 ugly? Wut? what designs are you talking about? Unit ingame designs (simplistic designs because it's a console RTS and obviously the they can't put the hiper realistic and detailed cutscenes design), or the cannonic cutscene artstyle?
1.halo 2
2.halo ce
3.halo 3
4.halo 5
5.halo reach
6.halo wars 2
7.halo wars
8.halo 4
9. halo SA
10. halo SS
Best to worst halo games (only main halo games and jest my opinion lol)

Halo 5 (don’t get mad at me I really do jest like it) but big mistake taking out local multiplayer

Halo 1 OP pistols YEAH

Halo Reach Awesome forge new stuff lol fun game (last game made by Bungie lol I actually like 343 better plz don’t hate on me)

Halo 4 pretty good multiplayer could’ve improved

Halo 3 Awesome Campaign by far the best campaign

Halo 2 REALLY hard legendary campaign ok multiplayer

Halo 3 ODST I’ve played it like 1 time so yeah...

I really like practically all the halo all halo games (I don’t really like halo 2 tho)
i might be breaking the rules but here goes:

1. Halo CE_Halo 2_Halo 3
2. Halo 3: ODST_Halo: Reach
3. Halo 5
4. Halo 4
5. Halo wars 1_2
6. rest of halo games
1.Halo Reach
2.Halo 3
3.Halo 3 Odst
4.Halo 2
5.Halo wars 2
6.Halo wars 1
7.Halo CE
8.Halo 4
9.Spartan strike and assault
10.Halo 5
Based on the campaign quality, this is my list.
1. H Reach
2. H ODST
3. H 2
4. H CE
5. H 3
6. H4
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14