7. ...
  8. 16
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 2
3. Halo 5
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo CE
6. Halo 4

Just adding that all the spinoffs (minus mobile games) are top notch and too difficult to place on here. Also 5, Reach and CE were really bloody close and to be honest are interchangeable.

My wish is for Halo 6 to steal that number 1 spot
My list for campaign would be:
- Halo CE/Halo 2: I find it really difficult to rank these games, I think they have the same quality in terms of story, gameplay, variety, scenary design and freedom. The music was the best in my opinion.
- Halo 3: those battles with Scarabs, tanks and hornets were awesome; Remember The Ark, Halo... the enemies were so balanced and you could use practically any weapon or vehicle, and the difficulty was right. It introduced new types of flood, however, the Elites dissapeared as enemies. I find the music really good too, but a bit more silenced. It introduced 4 player coop.
- Halo 4: this one had really good graphics and reintroduced the elites. But in my opinion, the brutes and the flood shouldn't have been removed, they have an esence and the brutes were still in war with humans, unlike the elites, which were allies; that made me think about its story. You don't explore any new ring... what is very important in an Halo title. The difficulty was toned down a bit, but the Prometheans added a new challenge.
- Halo Reach: this one had an interesting and sad story, the graphics were very realistic and the enemies were diverse. The difficulty was a bit harder than Halo 3, maybe because of the strong elites and brutes. Some levels, like the one in the space added something new to Halo. I didn't like the soundtrack out of the menu music.
- Halo 5: Guardians: this one was hard to rank. The scenaries were incredibly beautiful and detailed, and the cinematics too, but the enemies were so overbuffed that you couldn't kill a hunter with 4 grenades and the Hydra launcher, and the promethean knights were practically invincibles even with the precision tricks... The Warden was a big challenge, but it was overused again and again. I couldn't understand Halo 5's story so much, and I didn't like the split in two teams or the end... Again, I can't understand why they didn't include a ring.

My list for multiplayer would be:
- Halo 2 Classic: it improved Halo CE weapon sandbox, balanced vehicles, maintained the quality of the maps and improved it... Objective games were awesome, for example, in capture the flag you could use your intelligence and be strategical because you weren't positioned with an arrow. The speed was right and dual wielding was incredible, although the br made it a bit useless sometimes.
- Halo 3: it improved Halo 2, but the melee was changed, the speed was slowed down, the vehicles were overpowered for me... The scenaries were right for the most part. The objective games weren't as funny as the Halo 2 ones due to the reason I said before.
- Halo 5: the gameplay was a bit changed, but mixed with the abilities and classic Halos multiplayer. The weapon sandbox was incredibly balanced, making guns like the Light Rifle useful. You had a timer to control weapon spawns and a map indicator of the position, so it didn't matter if you were new to the map. Some scenaries were so simple or too undetailed. Gametypes like capture the flag were arruined for me, the flag had to be in the base to make a point. This forge was the most complete.
- Halo 2 Anniversary: it was very similar to Halo 2, but with a less ranged melee and the Halo 4 bullet magnetism. I think the speed was slower, and the maps were too detailed; you couldn't see some enemies and the fps were really slow. This made aiming very inconsistent. Dual wielding was nerfed. It had only 6 or 7 maps, but the forge tool was awesome.
- Halo 4: it was the game for all types of people. You could choose your weapons, you had abilities and there were lots of gametypes very well explained with voice and text. It was very funny.
- Halo Reach: it had loadouts too, but the scenaries were the campaign ones or were really ugly. Some gametypes were removed, but the weapons were good and the forge was really good.
For what I have played
Campaigns
1.Halo 2
2. Halo Reach
3. Halo 3 ODST
4. Halo 3
5. Halo CE (I really like CE but liked the other stories more)
6. Halo 4-5 (personally I wasn't overly fond of their stories)
7. Halo Wars 1&2 (only because I have not played them)

Multiplayer
1. Halo Reach
2. Halo 3/ODST
3.Halo 5
4.Halo CE
5.Halo 4
6.Halo 2 (only because I never got to play Halo 2 before the servers shut down)
This is all my opinion and I love seeing the diversity and reasons why everybody likes "their" Halo game!
I’m only doing MCC games and both Wars, as I have not played any I the other ones.

1. Halo 2
2.Halo 3
3. Halo CE
4.Halo Wars
5.Halo Wars 2
6.Halo 4
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo Reach
Halo 2
Halo 3 ODST
Halo 5
Halo 4
1: Halo 3 | 10/10
-Phenomenal Story
-Fun Multiplayer

2: Halo Reach | 9/10
-Great Story
-Fun Multiplayer

3: Halo CE | 8/10
-Best Story
-No Multiplayer

4: Halo 2 | 7/10
-Great Story
-Never played multiplayer

5: Halo 4 | 6/10
-Good Story
-Good multiplayer

6: Halo 3 ODST | 4/10
-Ok Story
-No multiplayer

7: Halo 5 | 3/10
-Bad Story
-Multiplayer doesn’t feel like halo

i haven’t played halo wars, halo spartan assault, or anything like that before, so I can’t rank those yet.
1. Halo 3 (Masterpiece)
-Fantastic Story/Fantastic Gameplay
-Best Multiplayer

2. Halo Reach (Amazing)
-Amazing Story/Great Gameplay
-Great Multiplayer

3. Halo CE (Amazing)
-Amazing Story/Amazing Gameplay
-Multiplayer ???

4. Halo 4 (Great)
-Best Story/Good Gameplay
-Good Multiplayer

5. Halo 5 (Good)
-Worst Story/Good Gameplay
-Great Multiplayer but doesn't feel like Halo

6. Halo 3 ODST (Good)
-Good Story/Good Gameplay
-Multiplayer ???
1.CE
2.Halo 3
3.Halo 2
4.Reach
5.Wars
6.Halo 4
7.ODST

funny how i dont have Halo 5, i think its because its story is more shallow than a kiddie pool.
1. Halo 3 (Masterpiece)
-Best Multiplayer

2. Halo Reach (Amazing)
-Great Multiplayer

3. Halo CE (Amazing)
-Multiplayer ???

4. Halo 4 (Great)
-Good Multiplayer

5. Halo 5 (Good)

6. Halo 3 ODST (Good)
-Multiplayer ???
Have you never played Halo 2 or did you just forget to put it on there?
1. Halo 3 (Masterpiece)
-Best Multiplayer

2. Halo Reach (Amazing)
-Great Multiplayer

3. Halo CE (Amazing)
-Multiplayer ???

4. Halo 4 (Great)
-Good Multiplayer

5. Halo 5 (Good)

6. Halo 3 ODST (Good)
-Multiplayer ???
Never played Halo 2 sadly, REALLY want to though.
1. Halo 3 (Masterpiece)
-Best Multiplayer

2. Halo Reach (Amazing)
-Great Multiplayer

3. Halo CE (Amazing)
-Multiplayer ???

4. Halo 4 (Great)
-Good Multiplayer

5. Halo 5 (Good)

6. Halo 3 ODST (Good)
-Multiplayer ???
Yeah I recommend it a lot. Very fun.
In terms of campaign and overall amazingness:
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 4
  • Halo CE
  • Everything else
In terms of multiplayer:
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 3
  • Everything else
I haven't played Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike, or Spartan Assault so I can't really comment on those.
By campaign, do you mean the gameplay or plot/story?
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 4
  • Halo CE
  • Everything else
In terms of multiplayer:
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 3
  • Everything else
I haven't played Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike, or Spartan Assault so I can't really comment on those.
Both, actually.
1. Halo 3 - in my opinion easily the best game, Great campaign/Story ( wich is an epic finnaly for an trilogy ) wich allows for the first time 4 player coop and online coop ( though only 2 players localy ) , First time Theather Mode and Forge allowing for toon of user createt content, and the the best overall multipalyer wich bouth pleases casual and competitve game ( in my opinion most competitve halo though thats discussed some say halo 2 some say Ce etc ) with tons of content like maps and mdoes and techincally unimited supply with forge. Gameplay wise in my opinion it was the absoulute sweet spot for halo its still halo but with modern editions that in my opinion are acceptet and enhance its gameplay not change it to something else. It was the first game on the 360 so it got way better graphics that still look good today then the previous ones and the art style was the best.
2. Halo 2 - Halo Ce is a classic but the addition of Xbox Live and online multiplayer (competitive and casual) of Halo 2 killed it. For me its almost in evry aspect a improvment over CE with the exception of some difficulty balances in the campaign and the lack of the more open areas in the campaign that CE had
3. Halo Ce PC/Custom edition - Straith up improvment over Ce on Xbox (excpet no splitscreen but thats usual on PCs) it allowed for online multiplayer wich killed the Xbox version easier to mod with many mods aviable and custom maps modes weapons levels etc all online playable. it got 9 !!! pc exclusive maps ,two exclusive weapons an exclusive vehicel and i think the shade and banshee are usuable wich werent on xbox. Simply the variarity in mods and other usercreatet content and online multiplayer ranks it so high and makes it one of the most versatiale/customizable halo experiences if not the most versatiale/ sutomizable expirence out there.
4. Halo Reach - this game is the best casual halo experience out there tons of content modes maps ( in fact in terms of content etc its only second to Pc halo customedition so in other words it has the most content of all vanilla halos ) etc , improved firefight , forge improvments includign a dedicatet forgeworld and much much more. the campaign was great too. The games weaknesses are that there is like no competitve playlist at all ( besides arena ) and no type of skill ranking only an XP one. further that it had some controversial gameplay mechanics wich i had mixed feelings about like the ability armor lock etc. while it added a lot of sandbox elemnts it removed defintly a ton of others (brute crawler, Brute chopper, elephant , brute shot , spiker , spike and fire grenades , flamethrower, hornet ,smg etc just to name a few)
5. Halo MCC - an collection of halo ce , 2 , 2 aniversary , 3 ,4 , odst all improved with all content etc so technically an colleciton of improved games. The game is flawed though technically and from design but soon the mcc will recive the long awaitet fixes and patches ( soemtimes this next month pobably ) then this game WILL UNDOUBTLY BE MY NUMBER ONE HALO GAME but right now i have to give it this rating
6. Halo 2 PC - should be technically an improvement over halo 2 xbox right ? wrong the addition of 2 exclusive maps , archivments and a mapeditor/contenteditor is not enough for me to warrant the technical problems , lack of ranked/ competitve playlist etc ( only casual playerhostet) ( halo ce pc has an excuse because it hadnt on the xbox to beginn with but this should be an improvment ), and a too small community with to few custom content. (and no splitscreen)
7. Halo Wars - a great RTS strategy game and that on the XBOX ! wow as a strategy game in a strategy list this would be defently in my top 10. it has a interesting and fun to play SP ( even coop playable but only online no splitscreen like at all in the game) the skirmish mode allows for SP fun when no online is aviable and the online is a funny sweatfeast :D. it plays well and i dont have much feel of limitation in using a controller. Gameplay overall is nice too ( simple not as deep as some other strategy game but these simple elemenst can be used creativtily by the player , also simple means easier to learn wich can always be a good thing ,espacialy when looking at some games wich take hours just to understand the basics ) there isnt rly anything "bad" about this game .... it just dont offer contetn wise etc the same like the higher ranked halos.
8. Halo 3 ODST - Great Singleplayer story , added first time Firefight wich is fun as hell. The gameplay is always a little different and it is an interessting twist that youre now a normal human etc ( you need health pacsk you are smaller, weaker etc recoil is bac and so on ) but it was very pricey for what it was ( in my country full price ) and it hadnt a dedicatet multiplayer. For some people though it was very well worth it , to be specific thosue who haddnt the halo 3 DLCs since it inclueds a halor 3 multiplayer disc as its mp with all DLC so you can get the DLCs with ODST on the side XD but rly ODST is great and all but is more of an DLC. Without the Halo 3 Mp disc it would rank lower and if i hadnt already all DLC i would probably rank it higher so it depends i think.
9. Halo CE- Great Game with AWSOME singleplayer. The campaign is one of the best in the series, this game was back in the time really revolutionary ( TBH all 3 classic halos were but this one was a bit more revolution ) Campaign was playable in 2 player coop too ! man was this a blast back in the day. Further to add it had a great multiplayer wich you could play up to 4 people localy (Wizzard pistols only anyone ?) why is it so low ? sadly back in the day XBL wasnt a thing and there was no online multiplayer wich for me back in the day who also played PC was a little lacking but the game was still great and i loved and played the -Yoink- out of it. since there was no mp we started to do LANs and it was the best fun i ever had back then. But thats the problem..... even if you had 16 guys to do a LAN with you needed at least 4 xboxes 4 TVs evryone needed a Date where we could play and it was organisation chaos. but man did i loved this , at the same time it mad me sad that there werent online ( though man i flipped my shti when H2 had )
10. Halo CE aniversary - in the singleplayer aspect improvment over Ce : better graphics ( switchable between calssic and new ), archivments etc . what ranks it lower is that the long awaitet day classic xbox halo ce will be online playble didnt came becuase the multiplayer of the game were 6 maps for halo reach with a playlist that kind far far away resembles halo Ce...... and i rather have real halo CE LANs , or play custom edition then this fake.
11. Halo Wars 2 - Microtransactions including an P2W mode , Dull story ,it just haddnt the same uniquness and magic of the first one ( havent played DLCcampaigns though )

i am running out of letter limit here so i keep it short

12. Halo 4 - just bad overall i didnt like H4 i have problems with almost evry aspect of it
13. Halo 5 - worst Halo of all dosent even have splitscreen wich is a huge minus ( with split it would rank higher then 4 but not by much i dont like the new gameplay and in my opinion it should go , i hope that H5mistake will never repeat in halo, it had to much minuses for me )
14. Halo 5 Forge PC - straith downgrade of H5 and has many technical issiues and small/nonexistend community
15. evrything else Halo wars pc spartan strike etc since i didnt play them
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 4
  • Halo CE
  • Everything else
In terms of multiplayer:
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 3
  • Everything else
Both, actually.
I personally thought that the gameplay of Halo 4 was the worst but it had the best story and the story of Halo 5 was the worst but the gameplay is one of the best. One thing to keep on mind is that the gameplay for the campaign and multiplayer are almost identical so when commenting on the multiplayer, you are mostly commenting on the gameplay.
I am sort of a classics fanatic, but I'll give you a list anyways:
  1. Halo 2
  2. Halo: Combat Evolved
  3. Halo 3
  4. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (I loved the Remaster of 1 & 2)
  5. Halo Reach
  6. Halo 3: ODST
  7. Halo 5
  8. Halo 4
I can't say much for Halo Wars and Halo Wars 2, as I'm not much of an RTS person. I also haven't played Spartan Assault.
  1. Halo 2
  2. Halo CE
  3. Halo 4
  4. Halo 3: ODST
  5. Halo 3
  6. Halo 5
1. Halo 2 10/10

2. Halo 3 10/10

3. Halo CE 9/10

4. Halo Reach 8/10

5. Halo ODST 7/10

6. Halo 4 7/10

7. Halo Wars 2 7/10

8. Halo Wars 7/10

9. Halo 5 6/10

10. Spartan Assault 2/10
1. Halo 3 (Masterpiece)
-Best Multiplayer

2. Halo Reach (Amazing)
-Great Multiplayer

3. Halo CE (Amazing)
-Multiplayer ???

4. Halo 4 (Great)
-Good Multiplayer

5. Halo 5 (Good)

6. Halo 3 ODST (Good)
-Multiplayer ???
Yeah I recommend it a lot. Very fun.
1 question, is it backwards compatible on the Xbox 360? I don't think it's playable on the Xbox One. I can't play it on the OG Xbox since I don't own one.
1: Halo 2
2: Halo Reach
3: Halo: Combat Evolved
4: Halo 3/Halo 3: ODST
5: Halo Wars 2
6: Halo 5: Guardians
7: Halo Wars
8: Halo 4
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13