-Best Story/Good Gameplay
-Good Multiplayer

5. Halo 5 (Good)
-Worst Story/Good Gameplay
-Great Multiplayer but doesn't feel like Halo

6. Halo 3 ODST (Good)
-Good Story/Good Gameplay
-Multiplayer ???
Have you never played Halo 2 or did you just forget to put it on there?
Never played Halo 2 sadly, REALLY want to though.
Yeah I recommend it a lot. Very fun.
1 question, is it backwards compatible on the Xbox 360? I don't think it's playable on the Xbox One. I can't play it on the OG Xbox since I don't own one.
Yep, Halo 2 is playable on Xbox 360.
1. Halo 3 (Masterpiece)
-Fantastic Story/Fantastic Gameplay
-Best Multiplayer

2. Halo Reach (Amazing)
-Amazing Story/Great Gameplay
-Great Multiplayer

3. Halo CE (Amazing)
-Amazing Story/Amazing Gameplay
-Multiplayer ???

4. Halo 4 (Great)
-Best Story/Good Gameplay
-Good Multiplayer

5. Halo 5 (Good)
-Worst Story/Good Gameplay
-Great Multiplayer but doesn't feel like Halo

6. Halo 3 ODST (Good)
-Good Story/Good Gameplay
-Multiplayer ???
Have you never played Halo 2 or did you just forget to put it on there?
Never played Halo 2 sadly, REALLY want to though.
Yeah I recommend it a lot. Very fun.
1 question, is it backwards compatible on the Xbox 360? I don't think it's playable on the Xbox One. I can't play it on the OG Xbox since I don't own one.
Yep, Halo 2 is playable on Xbox 360.
Thanks.
1. Halo 5
2. Halo Reach
3. Halo 2
4. Halo 3: ODST
5. Halo 3
6. Halo 4
7. Halo CE
8. Halo Wars
9. Halo: Spartan Assault/Strike
10. Halo Wars 2
This is a global ranking (Campaign, Multiplayer).
P.D: I like all of the Halo's but I prefer ones than other ones, this list doesn't mean that I hate Halo Wars 2, I like it a lot, but I prefer the other games.
1st: Halo 3
2nd: Halo 2
3rd: ODST
4th: Halo Wars 2
5th: Halo 4
6th: Halo Reach (mostly because armor abilities and fall damage, loved the campaign)
7nd: Halo 5
1. Halo 3
2. Halo CE
3. Halo 2
4. Halo 5
5. Halo 3 ODST
6. Halo 4
7. Halo Reach
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 2
3. Halo CE
4. Reach
5. ODST
6. Halo 4
7. Halo 5
1.Halo 2
2.Halo 3
3.Halo: Reach
4.Halo: Combat Evolved
5.Halo 3: ODST
6.Halo 5
7.Halo 4
1) Halo 3
2) Halo 2
3) Halo CE
4) Halo 5
5) H3: ODST
6) Halo Reach
7) Halo 4

I haven't played the other ones you listen so it wouldn't be fair to rank them.
Marty's soundtracks continue to rule! Halo CE and ODST are my top two but all of the Bungie Era soundtracks are just incredible. You can't go wrong with any of em
1. Halo 3 and 2 with a tie

halo 3 has the best art style of any halo and should come back, multiplayer, and way to unlock armor. Halo 2 has the best ranking system and campaign. Also both of them have duel wielding and classic multiplayer that everyone wants. You could even hear vehicles and guns in the distance. The dashes lit up on the vehicles and got redder the faster you went and changed from the color blue yellow to red. Get rid of sprint, armor abilities and Spartan abilities. 343 listen to us. Look what I’m saying and what these games did right and make halo like these again with no sprint. And had the best classic sound track till halo 4. The vehicle sounds where perfect. Honestly for halo infinite just add everything vehicle, weapon, every type of covenant, every type of human, and flood including the flood juggernaut from 1-reach and add it in halo infinite. Everything from halo 1-reach.

2. halo CE

was a fun game and had the classic gameplay

3. Halo wars 2

is fun.

4. ODST, and reach

Reach had the best vehicle physics and forge controls. What you should really copy and halo reach had the best UI. ODST was fun. Reach had challenges and the best custom games. Make armor abilities, Spartan abilities, and sprint to custom games only and party games only like infection and griffball. Halo 3 ODST has the best firefight difficulty while halo reach had the best firefight customizations.

5. Halo wars

Could of been way better.

6. Mcc

halo 2 anniversary should be how every multiplayer should be for now on but with equipment and projectile bullets. And you can hear vehicles and weapons in the distance again.

7. halo 4

where stufff really fell apart and I lost interest cause it was horrible.

8. mobile games

9. halo 5.

Halo 5 is the worst halo game. Only thing good about it is forge but you didn’t have to change the controls to add all these new features like welding and grouping blocks and all that. Reaches controls where easy but you could do a lot with them. Everything else about that game is awful. You can’t hear vehicles in the distance something that halo 2 had. Everything sounds horrible. The art style is horrible. Takes up so much space but has barely any replay value. Don’t buy halo 5. Had aim down sights. Horrible vehicle physics. You can’t hear vehicles in the distance or gun shots something I’m pretty sure halo 1 had. You guys need to pay attention to detail. Everything but a few thing in forge halo 5 does wrong.
In terms of campaign and overall amazingness:
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 4
  • Halo CE
  • Everything else
In terms of multiplayer:
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 3
  • Everything else
I haven't played Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike, or Spartan Assault so I can't really comment on those.
I'm glad I finally found someone here that agrees about halo 5 having the best multiplayer.
1. Halo 3
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo 2
4. Halo CE(A)
5. Halo 3: ODST
6. Halo 5
7. Halo 4

Halo 3 was my favorite because of the graphics, it was my first Halo game, and it had possibly the best campaign.

Halo: Reach was good because of the amazing multiplayer that made me feel like an ultimate bad-a** (Besides armor lock...)

Halo 2 also had a great campaign, the swat was really fun.

Halo CE(A) was super fun playing heroic for the first time, and seeing how different it is from my other favorites.

Halo 3: ODST was so fun gathering audio logs, and F I R E F I G H T .

Halo 5 seems awesome, though I've never played it (besides the first mission) mostly because of that FORGE MODE, MAN!

Halo 4 I mostly didn't enjoy because the game was too easy, even on multiplayer. Using an assault rifle with a pistol worked a lot better than I expect in most Halo games. Plus it got rid of the fair starts, though I wont call it bad because the flood game mode was super fun, really liked the fact that you can actually play as the flood, but the models were just... weird. The BTB was also fun, as it is in most other Halo games.

Every halo game holds a special place in my heart, and I think they are all amazing games.
Campaigns
1 Halo CE
2 Halo 4 the story and soundtrack were amazing.
3 Halo 2
4 Halo 3
5 Halo 5 same reason as everybody else. Not enough chief. Also didn't like that T for teen rating instead of M for mature.

Multiplayer

1 Halo 5 obviously it has the best multiplayer so far. And i don't know why some people -Yoink- about the req packs. I think its a pretty awesome system.. I play it damn near everyday. And I'm in construction and have five kids and i find the time because of my love for these games.

2 halo CE just because it's classic and takes me back to chillin in my friends basement because the lazy -Yoink- still lived with his mom at 20 yrs old.. Playing on XBC in those days.

3 halo 2

4 halo 3

I'm not putting halo 4 on this list because i never played the multiplayer on that game my kids were babies when it came out so just did the legendary campaign a few 100,000 times lol.

And the other games like halo wars, odst, Spartan assault... Was never interested in...

So here's hoping for a mature rated Halo Infinite w a story as good as Combat Evolved or Halo 4. I liked the love story there.
  1. Halo CE
  2. Halo 2
  3. Halo 3
  4. Halo 4
  5. Halo wars
  6. Halo wars 2
  7. Halo Reach
  8. Halo 5
  9. Halo 3 ODST
  10. Spartan Strike
  11. Spartan Assault
Heres my list:

1. Halo 4
2. Halo 5
3 Spartan assault
4. Halo wars 2
5. Halo wars
6. Halo 3 odst
7. Halo ce
8. Halo reach
9. Halo 2
10. Halo 3

343i makes better Halos
Heres my list:

1. Halo 4
2. Halo 5
3 Spartan assault
4. Halo wars 2
5. Halo wars
6. Halo 3 odst
7. Halo ce
8. Halo reach
9. Halo 2
10. Halo 3

343i makes better Halos
Theres no way you say Halo 3 is the worst halo
oDjento wrote:
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo ce
Halo 5
Halo 4
Halo ODST
Halo reach
How come Reach last? Just askin' :)
Halo reach introduced abilities and much larger maps, it changed the basic dynamics of the game that encouraged long map gameplay, (ie, camping,) and disabled many forms of CQC.
Halo CE
Halo 2 = Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo 5

I have to say I got to enjoy the times of no Xbox live. Having a group of 12-16 friends in a basement scarfing pizza down with mountain dew. Halo loaded up on 3 or 4 boxes and TV's. Everyone hollaring screaming and having fun. The endless fights of CTF BG, Hang Em High and Sidewinder. Doing 16 person free for all no shield shotguns in Chiron. Then just doing tricks and halirious stuff with the indistructable vehicles. Such a blast miss those days of gaming.

For Halo 2 and Halo 3 I had a equal experience loved both campaigns. Along with their endless hours of multiplayer and super jumps in 2 of course.

Halo 4 is below the trilogy but boy did I have a lot of fun with the casual aspect of the game. BTB heavies I could play that on Halo 4 all day with my buddy if it still had the population to do so.

Halo 5 I definitely felt it's competitive nature. It was enjoyable for a time giving us something new and fresh. But it soon dwindled just never had the feel of the trilogy and 4's fun aspect. Like I think someone mentioned before it's just out of place compared to the other Halos.

Now I never played any wars or reach. I bought reach but was misplaced in a move or stolen. ODST can be matched with Halo 3. Beat the campaign once on legendary and never went back though I throughly enjoyed it.
P.D: I like all of the Halo's but I prefer ones than other ones, this list doesn't mean that I hate Halo Wars 2, I like it a lot, but I prefer the other games.
I know right? From what you say, I think you enjoy all of these Halo games, but the numbers can be deceiving.

I'm not even going to argue about your choice for Halo 5 being your favorite, as that's the game you had the most fun with, and I have no reason to tell you otherwise.
Only main titles (no halo wars or ODST)

1. Halo 3
2. Halo CE
3. Halo 2
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo 5

down more...

little more...

almost...

6. Halo 4

The original trilogy titles are really close in my opinion and only a few features determine their standings. Halo Reach is a step further down because I dislike its multiplayer, however, it has an excellent campaign. Halo 5 is very close to overtaking Reach. It's multiplayer is really solid but the campaign holds it back. And Halo 4 is *really* down there.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. ...
  7. 16