Halo 2
Halo 5
Halo 4
Halo odst
Halo wars

havent played spartan assault and halo wars 2
Didn't like ODST?
(Best To Worst)
1. Halo 3 - The Perfect fps in my opinion, best art style of any halo, gameplay was fun, vehicles were fun to use but not overpowered excellent story and campaign.
2. Halo 4 - Best story of any halo, gameplay was fun, but i didn't like the loadouts or ordinance, Good armour customisation
3. Halo: Combat Evolved - Great campaign, good story
4. Halo: Reach - Fun gameplay, but armour abilities were bad
5. Halo 2 - Best multiplayer of any halo, campaign was good
6. Halo 3: ODST - good campaign but a bit tedious, Firefight was fun
7. Halo Wars 2 - Not the best, but it was fun
8. Halo Wars - Fun, but the controls are odd, should have been a PC exclusive in my opinion
9. Halo Spartan assault - fun, but short
10. Halo 5 - Just Bad, Hate the sprint and requisition packs, story and characters were very badly designed
(Best To Worst)
1. Halo 3 - The Perfect fps in my opinion, best art style of any halo, gameplay was fun, vehicles were fun to use but not overpowered excellent story and campaign.
2. Halo 4 - Best story of any halo, gameplay was fun, but i didn't like the loadouts or ordinance, Good armour customisation
3. Halo: Combat Evolved - Great campaign, good story
4. Halo: Reach - Fun gameplay, but armour abilities were bad
5. Halo 2 - Best multiplayer of any halo, campaign was good
6. Halo 3: ODST - good campaign but a bit tedious, Firefight was fun
7. Halo Wars 2 - Not the best, but it was fun
8. Halo Wars - Fun, but the controls are odd, should have been a PC exclusive in my opinion
9. Halo Spartan assault - fun, but short
10. Halo 5 - Just Bad, Hate the sprint and requisition packs, story and characters were very badly designed
I agree with all of that pretty much, apart from Halo 4. Personally I found the campaign trying to do something interesting but they did it so suddenly with their character development that it didn't really have a good pay off, and the vehicular sections were pretty bland, they were super linear and didn't let you roam around a wide area like other halo games (3 and Reach specifically come to mind). I also thought the multiplayer was quite decent, but I found a lot of the maps pretty bad. I loved Haven, and Exile, Longbow and Drift were pretty damn fun but the rest I just found were all visually cool but played either quite averagely or just plain badly. (I found a lot of the DLC maps pretty bad but then again Halo DLC has never exactly been amazing I guess, but Wreckage was just a terrible, terrible map). Meltdown was also okay. I also found Forge nowhere near as fun in Halo 4 than Reach, or either Halo 3 despite how clunky it was! Haven't tried forge out in Halo 5 yet but it looks quite impressive, but still don't have an Xbox One and what I have played of 5 I did think was pretty awful. Also the customisation was better in Reach I felt, there was more options in Halo 4 but so many of them looked ridiculous and the colour scheme didn't look as nice. Reach did customisation the best I think, if only it had just a few more visor colour options or armour effects, and achievement unlockable armour, miss that from Halo 3.

This is just my personal opinion though, counter anything I have said if you want to please :)
1. Halo 3
2. Halo Reach
3. Halo 2
4. Halo CE
5. Halo odst
6. Halo 4
oDjento wrote:
  1. Halo 3
  2. Halo: Reach
  3. Halo 3: ODST
  4. Halo 5
  5. Halo Wars
  6. Halo 2
  7. Halo: CE
  8. Halo Wars 2
  9. Halo 4
I love all halo games except halo 4 so just because the classics are lower doesn't mean i didn't like them :D
Why Halo 5 over 2 and CE? Just curious? :)
I guess i really didn't think this threw i never played CE and 2 in there hay day so i never got the online experience of them maybe if i have i wouldve found them more entertaining. The story in CE and 2 is amazing and is better than 5 in every single way. so my list is from multiplayer perspective i geuss
Best to Worst
  1. Halo 2
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo Reach
  4. Halo 4
  5. Halo 3: ODST
  6. Halo Wars
  7. Halo Wars 2
  8. Halo 5: Guardians
  9. Halo: Spartan Assault
  10. Halo: Spartan Strike
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo Reach
Halo CE
Idk for some reason I feel like Halo 4 and Halo 5 are just the worst
1. Halo reach
2.Odst
3.halo 3
4. halo 2
5. Halo 4
6. Halo wars
Have never played the rest
Multiplayer
1) Halo 2 Anniversary/Classic
2) Halo 5
3) Halo 3
4) Halo Wars 2
5) Halo Reach (Except Armor Lock)
6) Halo CE Anniversary/Classic
7) Halo Wars Definite Edition/Classic
8) Halo 4

Campaign
1) Halo 2 Anniversary/Classic
2) Halo 3
3) Halo Wars 2
4) Halo 3 ODST
5) Halo Reach
6) Halo Wars Definite Edition/Classic
7) Halo CE Anniversary/Classic
8) Halo 5
9) Halo 4
10) Spartan Ops
11) Spartan Strike
12) Spartan Assault

Personally I like all the campaigns, well maybe not the last two on the list, but I don't think Halo 5's campaign is all that bad, but I do prefer it over Halo 4 because I can't really explain why but it feels off.
1st - Halo 3
2nd - Halo 2
3rd - Halo: CE
4th - Halo 3: ODST
5th - Halo: Reach
6th - Halo 4
7th - Halo 5
8th - Halo Wars
9th - Halo Spartan Strike
10th - Halo Spartan Assault

I feel like If I had a time machine one of the first few trips would be back to the Halo 3 release.
1. Halo 3
2. Halo Reach
3. Halo Wars
4. Halo 2
5. Halo 5
6. Halo CE
7. Halo ODST
8. Halo 4

I haven't played Spartan Assault, Spartan Strike or Halo Wars 2 so i'm not counting them.
I'm going to redo my ratings. Over the past few weeks I acquired Halo CE and Halo 2 (The originals, not remasters) and now having played every Halo game for the first 2 generations of consoles some things have changed.
I'm going to rank them in 3 categories.
Campaign
1. Halo 3 : Definitely my favorite campaign. It was a memorable finish to an amazing trilogy, even though it was my first Halo game. The story was beautiful, the environments were beautiful, and it was definitely my favorite.
2. Halo CE: Although it's been over 15 years, playing the first Halo game was a trip back in time for me. Seeing Halo in its original form was fantastic, and had a story like no other. I come from the breed that doesn't need top notch graphics in a game, entertainment is far more important. The Halo rings, while clearly borrowing from other entertainment, still contained its own essence of originality.
3. Halo 4: While definitely it's not a favorite of a lot of the community, I feel Halo 4 was a good step for 343i to take. It's not a Bungie game anymore, and something new from the Covenant/Flood wars was needed. Exploring the Forerunners and their history was fantastic. It was an original storyline but still kept its air of familiarity, and for the most part, played very similar to Reach. I don't get people who have nothing but praise for Reach and nothing but negativity for 4, because they were similar games in a lot of ways. I'll never forget cresting the ridge on Requiem and seeing the massive Forerunner structure. It was a very impressive moment, and should have defined Halo's next step. My only gripe with Halo 4 is that the campaign was very short. I liked the Spartan Ops idea, but they used it to cushion the lack of campaign, which I didn't feel was a good move.
4. Halo 2: I thought that alternating between Chief and the Arbiter was an interesting concept, and an entertaining one. Seeing things from the Covenant side was interesting. It doesn't place as high though because it got kind of boring because of how similar it was to CE. Halo ring, Flood, Covenant, it felt like a direct sequel (Which it obviously was) but as such, it got kind of boring. Throughout it I looked more forward to the Arbiter levels than the Chief levels. This is of course my fault because I played 3 long before 2, but Halo 2 felt so much like 3 just far less polished.
5. Halo 3: ODST: It was refreshing to not play a supersoldier or a powerful alien. Being just a regular guy put a different spin on traditional Halo, and opened up a score of different strategies you had to use. Although I enjoyed it, there were some things that made me scratch my head that broke the immersion. An ODST carrying a mounted turret moving faster than a Spartan-II supersoldier? How?
6: Halo Reach: I hate to put it almost last on this list because of how much praise it receives even now, but I didn't find Reach as compelling or interesting as the others. It broke a lot with the book "The Fall of Reach", and being a prequel but having new things that the other games didn't was puzzling. It was cool to play as your own Spartan, but the nameless/facelessness didn't necessarily have to be reused from ODST. Still, it was not a bad game, and it was enjoyable. The space mission was an awesome twist in regular gameplay, and I was glad when they brought it back in a similar capacity in Halo 4 on Midnight. The sacrifice Noble 6 made to get Cortana to the Pillar of Autumn and allow safe passage for it was a good finale, but I disagree with the assertion that Halo Reach marked Halo's demise.
7. Halo Wars: It had a good story, but that was about all that was good about it in my opinion. It was a chore to get through, and it wasn't terribly memorable. I'd much rather play Starcraft on my PC for an RTS game.
Multiplayer:
1. Halo 4: Now before you hate me, hear me out. Hardly anyone favors Halo 4's multiplayer, often saying it ruined Halo, but I strongly disagree. First, it brought multiplayer into the Halo canon as "war games" for the Spartan-IVs. Second, I felt loadouts were a grace, not a hindrance. Not everyone can be a pro with an assault rifle, and it's agonizing to never be able to find ones on the map if you aren't very, very familiar with them. I felt that building sets of weapons and buffs to match your play style was great, and I don't really think it unbalanced multiplayer at all, instead, it just revealed a set of people considered 'bad' at Halo that were now able to be competitive. Every combination had its pros and cons, and nothing was really 'better' than anything else. For example, carbines traded power for rate of fire, BRs traded power and rate of fire for clip size, and DMRs traded clip size and RoF for power. People say it was too much like Call of Duty, but I don't feel the same way. It kept a lot of traditional Halo elements and made it more accessible for different people to play. Third, it eliminated common problems from earlier games: Personal ordnance gave incentive to fight well, and sparse power weapons drops by map got rid of the people who would just camp power weapon spawn points.
2. Halo Reach: Halo Reach had a very similar feel to 4 in multiplayer, although of course not having the loadout feature.Armor abilities added a unique element Halo hadn't seen before. I felt firefight was a fantastic mode to play and mess around with settings. Me and my friends like to play "Terminator Firefight": 4x overshields, 200% health, and fast shield recharge, full player gravity and reduced speed, and loadouts consisting of power weapons, most notably the Fuel Rod cannon and the Focus rifle.
3. Halo 3: Halo 3 could be fun, but most of the time, it was just a mad dash for power weapons and BRs and whichever team or person got them first won. If you didn't make it to a power weapon, sorry! You're at the bottom of the leaderboards this match because everything outclasses your assault rifle. Still, i think Halo 3 had some of the best maps- Sandtrap, High Ground, and Last Resort are my favorites.
4. Halo 3: ODST: I can't really give this a multiplayer rating because multiplayer was firefight, and it was very far behind Halo Reach's in my opinion, which is OK because Reach came after ODST.
5. Halo Wars: Console RTS is a pain in the -Yoink-, 'nuff said.
I can't really rate 2 and CE because CE didn't have online, and Halo 2 matchmaking was shut down long before I played it.
Overall Rank:
1. Halo 4 (Not a popular opinion)
2. Halo 3 (It's a very, very close second.)
3. Halo CE
4. Halo 2
5. Halo Reach
6. Halo 3: ODST (very close to Reach, and might not be fair to rank it the same as it's an expansion)
7. Halo Wars
1. Halo CE - The game that startec it all played this since the 1st Christmas it was released and continue to play it be it Xbox or Custom Edition on PC, i actually prefer the graphics on it compared to the newer games

2. Halo Wars - Always loved RTS games everytime i played BFME or C&C i wished they would make Halo rts then they eventually did n a was blown away by it, it was really well done the only bad thing i can say is no Flood faction n that mistake is being repeated in HW2.

3. Halo 2 - Was excited for this game being a young pup and a huge fan of Halo CE, when i got dual needlers it was the best ever and to play as the Arbiter i was excited cause it was a thing i always wanted only thing that disappointed me was u never fought marines unless u done the grenade jump on Sacred Icon.

4. Halo 3 - Again was excited for this to continue and finish the fight had a bit of a mixed opinion on the Equipment that was introduced but they grew on me, they took away the dual needlers which i loved in H2.

the rest in order

5. ODST
6. Halo Wars 2
7. Reach
8. Spartan Strike
9. Halo 5
10. Halo 4
Halo CE > ALL
I personally have never understood the hate for Halo 4. It has the best story of the series and it's multiplayer expiriments with personalized loadouts(which I love).
Campaigns
1: Halo 4
2: Halo 2
3: Halo Wars
4: Halo Reach
5: Halo Wars 2
6: Halo 3 ODST
7: Halo 3
8: Halo CE
9: Halo 5

Halo SA and Halo SS were just not worth adding to the list. They aren't horrible, just nothing special.

Multiplayer
1: Halo 4
2: Halo Reach
3: Halo 2A
4: Halo 3
5: Halo 5
6: Halo CE
7: Halo 2 Classic

I didn't mention Halo Wars or Halo Wars 2, because I haven't played much multiplayer but I do love Skirmish. Halo 3 ODST only had Firefight for multiplayer, which I never played because of its lack of matchmaking.
Best to worst in my opinion for multiplayer:
Halo 5
Halo: Reach
Halo 4
Halo: CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
  1. Halo 2
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo Combat Evolved
Classic Halo fan.
1: halo 2
2: halo 3
3: halo CE
4: halo reach
5: halo ODST
6: halo 4
7: halo wars
8: halo 5
9: halo spartan strike
10: halo Spartan assault
i didn't include halo wars 2 since I've only played the tutorial so far
Unpopular opinion time. Only doing the FPS's as those are the only ones I've played for a substantial length of time. Based on campaign, multi, gameplay overall, feature suite and most of all, how much I want to play each of them sitting thinking about them.

1. H2=Reach
2. ODST=H5
3. CE
4. H3
5. H4

CE's gameplay is extremely solid, gunplay and movement haven't aged badly but not that well, feature suite is very limited as well. Multi experience at its core very fun, especially with the glory pistol, but dated engine is very evident now. Reasons to go back to it for sure, but I don't all that much.

H2's multi is one of my favourite things ever and the art style is brilliant. Campaign gameplay/levels are so-so, doesn't do anything that another Halo game doesn't do better (although the first 2 Delta Halo Missions, and the Chief's missions on High Charity are pretty good), but features probably the best story bar H4. Expanded the hell out of the universe (and the Covenant perspective-as well as pretty much all of the Arbiter and Rtas' dialogue-was extremely cool). Personally feel the multi gameplay alone overshadows all of the game's many shortcomings-gunplay is top-notch, weapon suite while not optimal works plenty well, map design is EASILY the best in the franchise, and I'd say some of the best ever. If I'm ever asked which Halo game I want to play at any time, at least 8 times out of 10 I say H2 multi, hence my top spot.

H3 I feel has aged very poorly in comparison to the others. The whole game feels very floaty and slow, like wading through an ocean of syrup, TTK in multi is achingly long and nothing feels like it has much bite. Weapons really do feel like toys and Covenant/Spartans/Marines alike all look like action figures (which Bungie noticed, hence the over-correction in Reach which was a tad too grimdark). Campaign story is meh, just a pretty rote conclusion (although gameplay-wise, some great levels and AWESOME setpieces), and some dialogue is truly cringeworthy (exceptions being the midgame cutscenes between Floodgate and The Ark, and the epilogue scenes, which are all very cool). Multi has a solid feature set and paved the way for what came later, but I would never pick to play it over H2, CE Anniversary, Reach or H5. I feel definitely that the love it gets is undeserved. (Also, Elites are objectively the most satisfying enemies to kill in Halo (although I love them so having them as allies is cool as hell) and having a game where you kill none was a poor move IMO)

ODST achieves what it sets out to do succinctly and perfectly. Vanilla Firefight is genius as well, equally as replayable as Reach's not only in spite of but BECAUSE of lack of customisation. Not much to it in terms of content but the same can be said for Far Cry Blood Dragon which is one of my favourite games of this decade. Not overstaying its welcome is a positive trait, if anything

Reach has the best feature set of the franchise bar perhaps H5, but is more consistent across them. Human art style is boring but features easily my favourite Covenant art style in the franchise, Firefight is endlessly replayable, campaign is solid-not many exceptional moments but really packs in everything and the kitchen sink with regards to the sandbox. Multi I didn't like much at the time due to loadouts, but has grown on me now, although I'm still not massively keen on it (bar Invasion which was always brilliant and utilised them well). Bonus points for the CE Anniversary DLC which rivals H2 for my favourite Halo multi experience. Minus points for Armour Lock which sucks, and Sword Base which is a horrendously overrated map

H4 just rubs me the wrong way, better to list the good first because there's not much; environment art was a welcome improvement from Reach in terms of vibrancy (especially the UNSC stuff-bar the new Warthog which looks and sounds like a toy), beautiful and very varied. Weapons have a very satisfying heft and gunplay in multi (when loadouts/killstreaks are turned off) is pretty damn decent. The Chief/Cortana story is excellently written and I worry that no Halo game will ever have that narrative depth again-hope I'm wrong there. The bad: multi is my least favourite, too many reasons to list why. I played more H5 multi in the two weeks after release than I played of H4 over its lifetime. Didact story was completely bungled and messed up for reasons that have been said enough times before. Loadouts/killstreaks were a mistake and screwed with gameplay. Campaign levels are too closed-off (although this was due to hardware in fairness). Covenant aesthetic changed for the worse (Elites a commonly cited example but I didn't really mind them, and am very fond of the new Commander and Zealot armours, worst offenders are vehicles and in particular ships (those green lights, UGH)). Prometheans not very fun to fight. Spartan ops also a mistake, and completely butchered/wasted the character of Jul 'Mdama. Overall my least favourite Halo game, campaign maybe worth playing through very rarely but that's it IMO. also: HUD and menus design and text font are AWFUL

H5 is the most inconsistent of the franchise but what it does well, I LOVE. Love the gameplay, gunplay reminds me of H2 and I don't have a problem with the pared-down armour abilities. Campaign set pieces and environments are exceptional (Sanghelios arc is one of my favourite mission sets in the franchise, and the Covenant aesthetic overall is vastly improved from H4, and ARBITER YEEEE) but there's some inconsistency: the Meridian missions are garbage in comparison, and the story deserves the malice it gets on these forums, woefully disappointing especially after 4's more mature story. Arena multi is excellent (albeit very unforgiving), Forge blissfully powerful but full of rubbish-looking overly simplistic geometry. All the forge maps in matchmaking look like pre-production maps before textures have been rendered, absolute eyesore in an otherwise beautiful game. Vanilla Warzone not particularly good but Warzone Assault and Warzone Firefight outstanding modes IMO, weapons/vehicles-wise 5 has an INSANELY awesome and massive sandbox and it's great to be able to utilise it all fully and the modes are very well designed. Plenty of great, plenty of filler.
FPS Games only:
1. Halo 3
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo 2
4. Halo 3: ODST
5. Halo CE
6. Halo 5
7. Halo 4

But that's just me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2