Halo 2: 8.5/10
Halo CE: 8.5/10
Halo 3: 7.2/10
Halo 4: 6.3/10
Halo ODST: 4.5/10
Halo 5: 3.3/10

And then your overall rating of the Halo franchise would be: 6.8/10

Yes, I got bored (:
Yeah that sounds about right, but looking back at it i think i was too harsh on odst. I would give it an average of 5 or 6.
I like ODST a bit more, but I get what ya mean. Probably one of my least played Halo's
1. Halo 3 ODST
2. Halo Reach
3. Halo 2
4. Halo 3
5. Halo Combat Evolved
6. Halo Wars
7. Halo 5
8. Spartan Strike
9. Spartan Assault
14. Halo 4 (only good thing in this game was the one forge map in space, but even that introduced the generating lighting thing (which is awful on splitscreen, every time someone switches))
Haven't played Halo wars 2 but i hope it isn't as bad as the beta
I like seeing a lot of people having ODST up high in their list!
SweptRuby1 wrote:
1. Halo 3 ODST
2. Halo Reach
3. Halo 2
4. Halo 3
5. Halo Combat Evolved
6. Halo Wars
7. Halo 5
8. Spartan Strike
9. Spartan Assault
14. Halo 4 (only good thing in this game was the one forge map in space, but even that introduced the generating lighting thing (which is awful on splitscreen, every time someone switches))
What about Halo: CE?
oDjento wrote:
SweptRuby1 wrote:
1. Halo 3 ODST
2. Halo Reach
3. Halo 2
4. Halo 3
5. Halo Combat Evolved
6. Halo Wars
7. Halo 5
8. Spartan Strike
9. Spartan Assault
What about Halo: CE?
Wait a second i'm a moron, it's right there at number 5.....
I'll just score the one I've played.
1st: Reach
2nd: Halo 3
3rd: Halo 2
4th Halo CE
5th: ODST
6th Halo Wars
7th Spartan assault
Zealotiv wrote:
4th Halo CE
6th Halo Wars
7th Spartan assault
Stop playing after Reach? As curious since Reach is your favourite but didn't play any after that (apart from Assault). Reach is my personal favourite too.
oDjento wrote:
Zealotiv wrote:
4th Halo CE
6th Halo Wars
7th Spartan assault
Stop playing after Reach? As curious since Reach is your favourite but didn't play any after that (apart from Assault). Reach is my personal favourite too.
Where do you get the idea that I stop playing afterwards?
It's cool to see so many people pick ODST and Reach as their #1
I wish more people actually liked CE more, but I think all the OGs probably left by now. However I’m happy to see so many ODST lovers. Feet First into Hell!
Don't know how active this post is, but...

Halo 2
Halo CE
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 4
Halo 5

Maybe I have 3 in third place because of the fatigue of spending my winter break playing through the entire MCC and Halo 5 on Heroic, but I just wasn't as drawn into the story as I was with Halo 1 and Halo 2. Those three and Reach are still head and shoulders above the rest though and very closely tied, and Halo 4 is absurdly above Halo 5.

For multiplayer, however:

Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo 5
Halo Reach
Halo CE
Halo 4

I really, really dislike Halo 4's multiplayer. Probably in m opinion the worst in the franchise, even in 2012 when I liked CoD I hated Halo 4 because it ditched everything that made Halo unique and copied CoD from the class system to care packages. And -Yoink- promethian vision.
oDjento wrote:
Just curious to what everyones favourite Halo Games are from best to worst. Here's mine:

1st - Halo: Reach
2nd - Halo 3
3rd - Halo 2
4th - Halo 3: ODST
5th - Halo: CE
6th - Halo 4
7th - Halo Wars
8th - Halo 5
9th - Halo Spartan Strike
10th - Halo Spartan Assault

I haven't played Halo Wars 2 yet so I can't rank it. Leave your best to worst below!
Out of the og trilogy...

1. Halo 2
  2. Halo ce
  3. Halo 3
A17Athan wrote:
I wish more people actually liked CE more, but I think all the OGs probably left by now. However I’m happy to see so many ODST lovers. Feet First into Hell!
I'm still around ;) I've been playing since CE's release
I feel like I should make three lists for this. For me, it will be split between Campaign, Multiplayer, and Overall Ranking.

Campaign:
Halo 3
Halo: Reach
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo 2
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 4
Halo: CE
Halo Wars
-
Halo Wars 2 (Not played)
Halo: Spartan Strike (Not played)
Halo: Spartan Assault (Not played)

Multiplayer:
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Reach
Halo 3: ODST (Firefight)
Halo: CE (For lack of Xbox Live Connectivity)
-
Halo Wars 2 (Not played)

Overall:
Halo Reach
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: CE
Halo Wars
-
Halo Wars 2 (Not played)

Reasoning:
Firstly, let me preface this by saying that I love Halo. I, however, did not play the original Halo 2 until the MCC came out. My first Halo game I seriously played was Halo 3. I also then went back and played Halo CE on PC, I see why people hate gearbox for their work or the lack thereof. Now I am going to list my reasons as to why I listed the games in the order that I did, your mileage may vary and that's fine. This is 'My' list.

I will try to be as objective as I can, how objective in games that I spent eight years of my life playing?. Well. I'll leave you to judge.

Halo: Reach: War is ugly and so was the fall of reach, this was a story that was about fighting the Covenant, from the start with your helmet lying on the ground in a glassed plain, you're days are numbered and the game starts off that way. The music highlights this and there was one character in Halo Reach that everyone misses, Reach itself who has a story to tell about its fall, its fate, and its eventual recolonization because we, Noble Team fought and died to ensure that Cortana, the Pillar of Autumn and the Chief survived the fall of Reach.

Halo 3: Gets the first place mostly because it was the story that was closing the original trilogy, we were also told why things were going down the way they were, the second level makes my point for me, three wave defense section, backtracking, shooting gallery, on paper, I should hate this level but I don't. It's explained why to me, that I'm the Chief, the one who will save humanity. Cortana is the worst offending level in this game because of the flickering lady thing, the messages are vague and annoying. Chief also doesn't comment so we 'the players' don't know what he's thinking, we also don't fill in the gap here.

Halo 5: Guardians: I list Halo 5 above Halo 2 only because five did not have the abomination of an ending that two had. The Campaign was lackluster but I was angry that the marketing had us believe that we would be participating in a manhunt to take down the Chief who had gone rogue for whatever reason. I thought to myself "They had better have one damned good explanation for this." and then they did it as Blue Team was going to rescue Cortana and Osiris would hunt down and then rescue Bue Team. It was confusing at best and downright stupid at worst.

Halo 2: This game has the worst ending to a video game that I have ever seen in my entire life. I know why, however, as does everyone else. It was due to the rushed development and cut content. The Campaign was not great as it was padded with nine wave defense section and difficulty that went from absurd at the heroic level to full retard with legendary. I personally feel a setting between heroic and legendary would have been good.

Halo: CE: The gameplay was fun, there were enough breaks from the action but what was more frustrating then anything else was the lack of resources. Also, the clone brush came out more times here than anywhere else. Three wave defense sections, three waves of enemies and the flood, whose minimalist tactics and never evolving approach means you need nothing more than the shotgun and pistol. Same is true in Halo two, except you can trade the pistol for the sword.

Halo Wars: What brought down this game for me, was the controller. I didn't like the fact that an RTS was on a console as consoles are not really optimized for this style of game. Had it been on PC, it would probably have become number one on this list.

Lastly the other games on this list was one's I've not played due to either a lack of intrest, time or money. Its most likely all of the above.

Shep
Zealotiv wrote:
oDjento wrote:
Zealotiv wrote:
4th Halo CE
6th Halo Wars
7th Spartan assault
Just cos you didn't list Halo 4 or 5? Or is that a statement against them by not ranking them haha? :p
oDjento wrote:
Zealotiv wrote:
oDjento wrote:
Zealotiv wrote:
4th Halo CE
6th Halo Wars
7th Spartan assault
Just cos you didn't list Halo 4 or 5? Or is that a statement against them by not ranking them haha? :p
I didn't list h5 because I literally just got the game, and I literally forgot to add h4 to the list lol.
A17Athan wrote:
wow I thought I was the last one left
A17Athan wrote:
A17Athan wrote:
wow I thought I was the last one left
There's not many CE vets floating around the forums but there are a few. I've got a number of old school CE players on XBL too. Ill frequently run customs or play CE on MCC with em
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 16