Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Bring back Halo's mysterious feel

OP TheSacredWaffle

Anyone who played a lot of Halo CE would probably understand the most, remember how mysterious the game felt as you played it and no matter how many times you played it?
I'm not just saying because it was the first game and we had no idea what was going on, because I play that games campaign the most and it is still mysterious to me and my friends recently. Everything was massive in this game, length wise and height.

The most important part was that the "forerunner structures" weren't thrown in your face every where like in 4 and 5, and they actually looked like forerunner structures, not like some generic scifi buildings. (before you go crazy, i know there's supposed to be a lot of forerunner stuff in the new games, even if it does ruin it) You'd see a few structures that would grab your attention and you'd question things like "why is that there" or "what's the use to this". Not to mention that the structures you did see weren't vividly colored and extremely textured like the new ones are. (Even in Halo CEA, the new textures in some parts are a little too much.)

Even in Wars 2, the amount of structures were a lot less but they didn't even look like forerunner structures, it looked more like mass effect. Please don't change Halo even more, Halo should feel like Halo. Not like every other scifi shooter.

I hope that the future halo games feel a lot like original Halo CE
-Simple
-Mysterious
-Large scaled
I agree with you 100% on this, no halo mission to this date has made me feel more uneased than 343 Guilty Spark from Halo: Combat Evolved; I feel as though I would enjoy the more recent Halo titles if they were to add a sense of depth and "mysteriousness" rather than just throwing every single little detail they can about the Forerunner in our faces. 343i need to realize that the proof is in the recipe; a simple story with heart, imagination, and action is what has been keeping us with the franchise since it's first release back in 2001.
I agree with you 100% on this, no halo mission to this date has made me feel more uneased than 343 Guilty Spark from Halo: Combat Evolved; I feel as though I would enjoy the more recent Halo titles if they were to add a sense of depth and "mysteriousness" rather than just throwing every single little detail they can about the Forerunner in our faces. 343i need to realize that the proof is in the recipe; a simple story with heart, imagination, and action is what has been keeping us with the franchise since it's first release back in 2001.
I remember the first time I played 343 Guilty Spark and I agree the best word to use it uneasy. I could tell something was different about it and then the flood reveal. I was terrified the first time but in a good way. That mission still makes me feel uncomfortable all these years later.
Im glad there's a few of us out there most halo fans look past details like this and only focus on story and game play when they want change
I think Assault on the Control Room and the Library feel the most mysterious and surreal of them all. If future Halos looked like that, the world might just be perfect again...on a related note, I think the Anniversary graphics complement the original game well. The blizzard in Assault on the Control Room with Anniversary graphics blows my mind.