Forums / Games / Classic Halo Games

Bring H3A to PC and Skip Xbox

OP VEF215

343 should just release H3A on PC, and not release it on Xbox.

Xbox has had Halo 3 for TEN YEARS. PC players have never gotten to finish the fight, they were abandoned after Halo 2 (and that cliffhanger ending didn't help). The consensus seems to be among Xbox users is that "Halo 3 still looks good, why buy it a 3rd time, there's no need for a remaster, MCC sucks, focus on new games" so 343 can skip Xbox, they don't need or desire this product.

But PC a complete remaster with H3A would be amazing and deserved, being able to take full advantage of the PC's power without Xbox holding it back. Since Halo 6 is coming to PC, H3A would be good practice porting to PC (since that's what Halo 5 Forge was as well, they were testing the waters with a free product). PC gamers would buy it, they haven't played it before. Even though M$ can't swallow their pride and realize their Windows Store is absolute garbage that nobody uses, if they would just man up and release it on Steam and not as a Win10 exclusive, it would be #1 seller for months guaranteed, even at $60.

This is the direction they should take (if they had common sense and decency), but knowing M$ and 343, they won't, and all this potential will wave as it passes them by, and Halo will continue its downward trend into irrelevance (Halo 4 broke up the community completely, Halo 5 was very poorly received, Halo Wars 2 is a running joke in gaming). I hope I'm wrong and they do the moral thing at E3 this year
VEF215 wrote:

Xbox has had Halo 3 for TEN YEARS. PC players have never gotten to finish the fight, they were abandoned after Halo 2 (and that cliffhanger ending didn't help). The consensus seems to be among Xbox users is that "Halo 3 still looks good, why buy it a 3rd time, there's no need for a remaster, MCC sucks, focus on new games" so 343 can skip Xbox, they don't need or desire this product.

But PC a complete remaster with H3A would be amazing and deserved, being able to take full advantage of the PC's power without Xbox holding it back. Since Halo 6 is coming to PC, H3A would be good practice porting to PC (since that's what Halo 5 Forge was as well, they were testing the waters with a free product). PC gamers would buy it, they haven't played it before. Even though M$ can't swallow their pride and realize their Windows Store is absolute garbage that nobody uses, if they would just man up and release it on Steam and not as a Win10 exclusive, it would be #1 seller for months guaranteed, even at $60.

This is the direction they should take (if they had common sense and decency), but knowing M$ and 343, they won't, and all this potential will wave as it passes them by, and Halo will continue its downward trend into irrelevance (Halo 4 broke up the community completely, Halo 5 was very poorly received, Halo Wars 2 is a running joke in gaming). I hope I'm wrong and they do the moral thing at E3 this year
.......nnnno?

I don't know the statistics, but I can't say that Halo 2 Vista sold well enough, and that came out two years after the initial launch. Now you're talking 10 years after the first launch, of a game pretty much everyone has played, on a console-based FPS? It's not worth the time investment. You think console gamers are finicky? Meet PC gamers who call themselves "the master race".

People were pissed when they couldn't play the Spartan Series on Xbox. Imagine how pissed they would be if it was a PC exclusive.

It doesn't make business sense.
H3A skipping Xbox? People would riot outside 343. I agree, it would be great to put on PC, but no way 343 could skip Xbox. That would be turning down an easy 1 million sold copies. If H3A were on Xbox, I'd uninstall the disappointment of the generation called MCC, and never touch that steaming pile of enhanced mobility -Yoink- Halo 5 ever again. There's just no way 343 can afford to skip xbox.
Xbox: "Nah we don't even really need H3A, we already have it, everyone's played it, H3 still holds up, waste of time/resources, nobody would buy it, just move on, focus on new things."
PC: "Ok then release H3A as a digital download for PC as compensation for getting ****ed over for a decade and for being ignored for 10 years."
Xbox: "WAIT STOP! That can't happen, Xbox needs it too!"

You can't make this stuff up lol. I used to own a 360, a lot of PC guys didn't buy a 360 just for Halo. H3A on PC would be a good show of faith from 343/M$ for the upcoming Halo 6 release, they are just porting an ancient game, giving it a facelift, and releasing it digitally, not much of an investment on their end with M$'s deep pockets. And it would be smart for them to show their commitment to PC (it's gonna take a while to rebuild that burnt bridge, a good H3A would boost Halo 6 sales)

H3 is too saturated on Xbox, people bought it originally, it's still widely available to buy now, people bought it AGAIN as part of MCC, then you expect them to buy the same game for a THIRD time as H3A? As opposed to PC where they are getting the supped up edition for the first time? It's more fair to just release it on PC, I'm just using the logic from the 343 fans (it's time to move on from H3 on Xbox guys)
Is it really so bad that PC wants and might get decade old leftovers from Xbox? Imagine putting yourself in someone else’s shoes for a moment, alternate universe; you played Halo 2, got to the cliffhanger ending, and were pumped for Halo 3, sorry it’s not coming to Xbox consoles anymore, it’s going to be a PC exclusive only now with high system requirements (and you don’t have a PC to begin with.) You’d be angry right? And rightly so. That’s how PC gamers felt back in the day. Getting the H3A edition instead of just a straight H3 port is the proper way of saying sorry. H3A has the potential to explode on PC, with the modding community, custom maps, increased power of the PC, Forge would just blow people's minds once they took the console limitations off, the better graphics, better frame rates, the larger community, Steam's massive popularity. (Screw you Windows Store)

The only reason this is even on the table to begin with is two fold:

1- Halo 1 and 2 were released on PC
2- M$ has recently announced its new support for PC, including Xbox Play Anywhere, Project Helix etc (look it up)

Nobody can be honestly butthurt about Nintendo not releasing something like Super Mario Galaxy on PC, the previous Mario games were not on PC, and they never said they’d support PC. With M$ and Halo, the circumstances are completely different, that’s why people are asking for it so much.
Meh, saying H3A does not belong on Xbox is like saying that Halo 5: Guardians was a good game. It simply would not be true.
I dont believe there even will be such a thing as H3A
All major Halo games will be on Xbox, always has, always will.
Wow looks like you OP have a grudge against xbox. No they should definitely release a H3A on xbox.
VEF215 wrote:

Boi, if anything let them release it for both Xbox and PC. That there is just selfishness trying to only have it on PC.
Naw thats just mean to the Xbox peeps, who are the majority of Halo fans. BUT if they can just do a good port of the regular old Halo 3 to PC, that will be amazing. PC guys need to finish the fight. Maybe give them legit mod support and all free dlc, that would make up for the such long delay of a PC release.
well hey e3 is in about 2 month though if they do. they could release it steam then people will buy it. then they will buy the Xbox to buy other halo games thus giving Microsoft money
in Russia memes aren't dank you are
Halo's an Xbox game. Always has been. They could release it on both PC and Xbox, but they wouldn't release it on PC only.
The whole "pc gamers need to finish the fight" thing is so BS. It's been almost ten years, and if someone really wanted to play Halo 3 they could pick up a 360 and Halo 3 for dirt cheap, not even $100 if you go used and look locally most of the time.

Also, power of the pc? What if someone is using a prebuilt cheap rig that costed a few hundred, instead of something with say GTX 1080 or a Titan Xp inside it(RiP people who bought the Pascal)? Not all PC's are equal, and some are very underpowered when some are very overpowered.
VEF215 wrote:
Xbox: "Nah we don't even really need H3A, we already have it, everyone's played it, H3 still holds up, waste of time/resources, nobody would buy it, just move on, focus on new things."
PC: "Ok then release H3A as a digital download for PC as compensation for getting ****ed over for a decade and for being ignored for 10 years."
Xbox: "WAIT STOP! That can't happen, Xbox needs it too!"

You can't make this stuff up lol.
But you did. You made the whole thing up. The entire hypothetical, the whole scenario, the whole assuming one person wanting it on Xbox was the hypocrite who didn't want it last time you asked, as if Xbox players are a hivemind and we decide where and how Microsoft releases their games. You made the whole thing up.

And so, it isn't enough to get the game on PC. Since you didn't have it for so long while others did, the only way to make it right is for it to be remastered and released only on PC so those that had it then have to go without as well? So because you feel screwed over, it's not enough to finally get the game, but only if others get screwed over on top of that? Who thinks like that? That's not fairness or justice. That'd be like if someone rear-ended your car, not only would they pay for the repairs, but you got to then rear-end their car as well. That's pretty petty, spiteful stuff teetering somewhere between childish & psychotic.
i don't know it's souds really good 4 people who didn't play halo in thoose years but i don't thinks does a halo 3 remake it's a good idea
Halo was the killer app for the Xbox. I think it would be a bad decision to just put it on PC and not Xbox. There may be a few things different about consoles and PCs, but it doesn't matter to me. The graphics for halo 2 anniversary looked amazing on Xbox One, and I think Xbox games will look even better as time goes on.
BLUE101 5 wrote:
Meh, saying H3A does not belong on Xbox is like saying that Halo 5: Guardians was a good game. It simply would not be true.
Oh get over yourself, the story was naff but the multiplayer has been argued (not by myself but a significant chunk of the community) to be one of the best Halo experiences ever. How damn arrogant do you have to be to presume that your opinion is fact? Ridiculous.
WHAT NO! the back lash! Think about it so many fans would be angry.
lol this is funny